Polo Ralph Lauren

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Interview

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2014.

Interview Details – I originally applied for the Shipping and receiving supervisor position at RL for the new store they were opening in Aug on 5th Ave. I received a digital interview request after one week that without any detail information. I did it and thought that was the first step for screening. After 1 week I received an email from the HR Intern that they would hold a hiring event in their Soho store. I will have the opportunity to explore more info regarding the positions open. So I went to the event and got a chance to meet with their logistic manager and HR people. The conversations were pleasant and the logistic manager even asked details like what was my ending salary from last position, so I thought I was being interviewed the position I originally applied for. After that hiring event, I received another email from HR intern that they wanted to have a final interview with me. On the email, I asked what position they will offer to me, the Intern replied there were different positions from sales associate to supervisor, the manager will decide later. So I went to the final interview and I was told only 30% of positions are full time. They wanted to assign Sales associate or cashier PT position to me since I speak other languages! The manager even said I knew you applied for the supervisor position, but I didn't see your skill set fits the position. What do you mean my skill set doesn't fit the position? I have years logistic experience and you told me I can't be a supervisor? I was totally freaked out even tho I didn't say anything in front of those managers! The experience was horrible as I felt RL wasted my time! After talking to my friends who applied for jobs at RL, they said they had very similar experience as well. Until now, I didn't receive a word from RL regarding the hiring process maybe they have sensed I wouldn't take their PT position. However, I feel I deserve at least an email to notify the status no matter what. RL is the company for fresh grads who are seeking for a PT job in retail to make money. Otherwise, avoid them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Polo?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Assistant Merchandiser
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – The interview process moved very fast. I was asked to meet with the head of talent recruitment and go over my experiences and skills. From there, he forwarded my resume to the hiring managers of the positions I best fitted. Then I was offered an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – All very straight forward, behavioral questions though this varies with who you're interviewing with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Lyndhurst, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Ralph Lauren's corporate development program and wanted to go into merchandising or buying. After a couple of weeks, I was contacted by the head of campus recruiting for RL and had a short conversation with her where I was asked to tell her about myself, what I am looking for in an internship with Ralph Lauren and what departments I would ideally like to work with. After this, she set me up for an interview with someone from the merchandising department. This interview was more like an informal conversation. My interviewer was very friendly, and I wasn't asked any unanticipated questions. The team ended up choosing another candidate but I was lucky enough to be set up for a second interview with another department which was a bit more formal than my previous interview. I was contacted about a week later and offered an internship position for this summer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Are you more of a qualitative or qualitative person?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty fast and took about a week! When I first got there I didn't have to wait they got me in and out so it was very brief. Judging from the work environment I saw, it is very corporate but you can tell the employees are pretty happy working there!

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions but you must remain completely composed and confident. That is my best advice for any question they ask you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2010.

Interview Details – The first round was an in-store application. You must go in to get an application, then fill it out and bring it back to the store. If you are chosen as a possible candidate, then next phase of the interview process is an in-person interview with an Associate Manager.

Interview Question – What was your GPA?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate within 10% of offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Phone screening, 3 total rounds of interviews, met everyone on team

Interview Question – Not many difficult or unanticipated questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Designer Interview

Associate Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through career site and got an answer few months later, just about when I forgot about the fact that I applied for the job position. Got a contact from HR, I had a quick phone conversation and got an interview with the hiring manager.
Since it was an associate designer position, I got a project where I was notified there were few other candidates. I finished my project in one week and had another interview where I presented to hiring manager and then immediately after that I got to meet VP of the division. This would be considered 3rd interview.
Few weeks after that I got a call from HR for an offer!

Interview Question – There weren't particularly any difficult question.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Polo RL was the best job I had, at the best company I have ever worked for, yet I did not appreciate it while I was there. Ensconced in the Polo Mansion at 867 Madison, we earned a good base salary along with commission and health benefits and a 401 K program. My friends who started there 25 years ago or more are now all millionaires. The interviewing process was basically all about looks and demeanor and saying "Polo is a lifestyle". If you were young, good-looking, and had enough money to buy $2,000 worth of clothes discounted 65% you were in.

Interview Question – What are your goals?   Answer Question

Senior Director Ralph Lauren Interview

Senior Director Ralph Lauren
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Extensive, long (many weeks and many interviews...in my case 11 total interviews over a 10 week period) and very poor HR follow up, updating, etc. In fact, I was completely caught off-gaurd when I received a call (on my mobile phone) from the Global CIO (to who I would be reporting to) as she began to discuss my role/responsibilities and I hadn't even been sent of job offer yet. She went "ape-sh*t" and put me on hold and got HR to get my offer paperwork to me...kind of a mess up by HR.

Interview Question – Many questions that appeared to be around "ego" and "how would you handle X" and how would you handle Y"? Basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, the HR interview process (during all 11 of my interviews) seemed very "canned" and people worked off a "form/template".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy...you want a job at Ralph Lauren Corporation, you don't negotiate. This is a very marquee company, so take the job, the offer they make (which is very fair BTW) and work your way up into the company. Also, the Polo Perks are amazing, benefits are really good, etc. Just take the job!

Director of Retail Development Interview

Director of Retail Development
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews at 650, 625 Madison Avenue and 550 7th Avenue. Organized and typical in terms of questions asked, resume review, and thorough check of references.

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. They met my salary requirements without negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!