Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2015.

Interview

Went in store and got an application, turned it in the next day. They called me about 2-3 days later to schedule an interview. Went to the interview, I was very nervous because I'd never interviewed before, she didn't ask me any questions about myself or any typical "interview questions". Basically just went in there, talked for 5 minutes about the position, then i was given a personality survey to take. I went home and took it immediately and then got called about an hour later telling me I got the job. It was a great hiring experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited to work at the Polo Ralph Lauren Store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, CA. I filled out an application online and selected my interview time. Because the store hasn't opened yet, my interview was at a nearby hotel. I met with the President of Talent Acquisition and the manager of the Polo store in Las Vegas. They were both very nice and friendly. They are definitely looking for mature and friendly individuals who can provide great customer service. After the interview, I was emailed a link to a questionnaire. The majority of the questions were about my view on stealing from the company and the use of marijuana at work.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities/ skills of a good sales associate? What is your biggest weakness in retail? How would your current (or previous) employer describe you? Why do you want to join the Polo team? How would you describe the Ralph Lauren Style? And various questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

A friendly and professional yet casual vibe. The hiring managers were both family oriented individuals who were direct without being harsh. Polo Ralph Lauren is seen as a hampton life style, people that shop there often do so for life.
    My biggest advice would be to do your research on Ralph Lauren and how the company began, that will really impress them ;)

Interview Questions

• Did you play any team sports in High School?   Answer Question
    • If a customer tried to pay for a $500.00 purchase, with a $5.00 bill, how would you respond?

what if they did this on purpose? would your response change?

1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Very casual interview. The General Manager was busy doing other duties, so the hiring "co-manager" interviewed my by herself in the store. It was very casual and I actually hit on questions that she hadn't even asked yet while answering the current one. Final interview was a 1 on 1 with the GM where she asked why I wanted to work there instead of their competitors and why I thought I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us instead of Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger? What differentiates us from those stores?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

very relaxed process, just wanting to get to know you and have a conversation around the reasoning for applying - very interested in the advancement of your career; very considerate about scheduling and flexibility, all in all a great experience

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

First, the have you take a online test, it's pretty simple. Second, you have a set down with a hiring manager and they ask about your background, and your previous experience. It's incredibly simple process, the hiring manager at my store, was very nice and friendly, tried to make me feel at ease. Overall a very positive and simple process.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Apply instore, but if you know someone, its much easier. Wait to be called, and dress nice for the interview. Fill out the application with good penmenship, as they will critique you on it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When can you start

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Two interviews, both brief and had the usual interview questions. "What are your strengths?, What are your weaknesses"? The questions are straight forward with the exception of the below. The setting is comfortable and the expectations are clear.

Interview Questions

• What can you add that we don't already have?   1 Answer

Management appeared to be chaotic

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

It went well, they asked basic questions nothing that surprised me. There was a group interview first and then 3 days later I got a call to come back for a private interview with the manager.i was offered the position about a week later. I am very pleased with them. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation at a past job and how hou handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job so what they offered me was fine, I was not looking for too much

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

One group interview, super simple behavioral questions. They did not ask much about prior experience, they just want to make sure you fit their culture and "look". They made us go and pick out an outfit also, the key is to have many layers.

It was my first retail job and I got through it no problem.

Interview Questions

• None, they were all top 10 most common behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because it was my first job and 8/hr seemed fine.