Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Very casual interview. The General Manager was busy doing other duties, so the hiring "co-manager" interviewed my by herself in the store. It was very casual and I actually hit on questions that she hadn't even asked yet while answering the current one. Final interview was a 1 on 1 with the GM where she asked why I wanted to work there instead of their competitors and why I thought I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you want to work for us instead of Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger? What differentiates us from those stores?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

very relaxed process, just wanting to get to know you and have a conversation around the reasoning for applying - very interested in the advancement of your career; very considerate about scheduling and flexibility, all in all a great experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

First, the have you take a online test, it's pretty simple. Second, you have a set down with a hiring manager and they ask about your background, and your previous experience. It's incredibly simple process, the hiring manager at my store, was very nice and friendly, tried to make me feel at ease. Overall a very positive and simple process.

Sales Associate Interview

Apply instore, but if you know someone, its much easier. Wait to be called, and dress nice for the interview. Fill out the application with good penmenship, as they will critique you on it.

When can you start

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Two interviews, both brief and had the usual interview questions. "What are your strengths?, What are your weaknesses"? The questions are straight forward with the exception of the below. The setting is comfortable and the expectations are clear.

Interview Questions
    • What can you add that we don't already have?   View Answer

Management appeared to be chaotic

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

It went well, they asked basic questions nothing that surprised me. There was a group interview first and then 3 days later I got a call to come back for a private interview with the manager.i was offered the position about a week later. I am very pleased with them. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation at a past job and how hou handled it.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so what they offered me was fine, I was not looking for too much

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

One group interview, super simple behavioral questions. They did not ask much about prior experience, they just want to make sure you fit their culture and "look". They made us go and pick out an outfit also, the key is to have many layers.

It was my first retail job and I got through it no problem.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all top 10 most common behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was my first job and 8/hr seemed fine.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Handed an application in in person. Received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was in a group of 5 people. Basic questions about experience, how you would handle an unruly customer, etc.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. I came in for a one on one interview with assistant manger who was very nice and welcoming. Asked general interview questions, nothing out of the box. She then gave me information to fill out this online survey at home right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2014.

Filled out an application in store. Assistant Manager pulled me to the side for a quick interview, gave me a survey card to fill out. Said if I hear back from them that's good, if not it's bad. Got a call two days later for an interview with HR. Went in 30 minutes early and she forgot about me. I waited an hour & 30 minutes. One of the workers who I had met a few days earlier was the one who went to go get the lady to let her know I was waiting. I was upset bc I had to wait that long. So the interview was just okay. Said she'd call me back for a second interview later in the week. Idk if I'll go.

Interview Questions
    • What's your previous retail experience?   View Answer