Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

1.9

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

One group interview, super simple behavioral questions. They did not ask much about prior experience, they just want to make sure you fit their culture and "look". They made us go and pick out an outfit also, the key is to have many layers.

It was my first retail job and I got through it no problem.

Interview Questions
  • None, they were all top 10 most common behavioral questions.   Answer Question
Didn't negotiate because it was my first job and 8/hr seemed fine.

Other Interview Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Handed an application in in person. Received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was in a group of 5 people. Basic questions about experience, how you would handle an unruly customer, etc.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. I came in for a one on one interview with assistant manger who was very nice and welcoming. Asked general interview questions, nothing out of the box. She then gave me information to fill out this online survey at home right after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I went in and applied at the store and set up an interview for the following day. Following the interview I was given a link to an assessment test and upon completion I was phoned and offered the position and went in for orientation the next week. After the orientation we were told to call back the following day to receive our employee id and to find out when we were on the schedule. However, when I called back it seemed as if they were not ready for my call. One of the managers told me they would call me back in a few hours, which they didn't. I tried calling again to no avail and sent an email to the store to which I was replied to within a dat informing me of my schedule and my employee number.

Interview Questions
    • They gave us 5 minutes to pick out three things in the store and then try to sell said things to the manager.   Answer Question
    offered flat our pay rate, no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Polo RL was the best job I had, at the best company I have ever worked for, yet I did not appreciate it while I was there. Ensconced in the Polo Mansion at 867 Madison, we earned a good base salary along with commission and health benefits and a 401 K program. My friends who started there 25 years ago or more are now all millionaires. The interviewing process was basically all about looks and demeanor and saying "Polo is a lifestyle". If you were young, good-looking, and had enough money to buy $2,000 worth of clothes discounted 65% you were in.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in November 2013.

Put in an application online, got a call for an interview. The interview was standard, no out of the box or out of the ordinary questions. It was a group interview for the store that I had applied to which was alright with me as I had been in this type of interview before. After the interview, I waited over a month, I then got a phone call offering me the position. The End.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Got an application in store and got a call the next week. Group interviews and watched a video. A lot of high school and college students. There were some older individuals as well that worked there full time. Very basic interview questions. Not that bad. Managers were nice. Overall, if you can sell you can work here. Customer service is key.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Very laid back, the manager took me into her office and basically just told me to tell her about myself. She asked about a previous internship and my responsibilities involved, and then went on to explain the responsibilities of the job I was applying for. At the end she asked me if I had any questions and then said she would call me.

Interview Questions

The commute was too far for the hourly wage

Sales Associate Interview

very intricate process five interviews before getting the job

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2013.

They had me wait a while before I actually went into the office for the interview. The interview itself was one on one . Nothing to really hard was asked. What are your hobbies? Would you considered yourself a friendly and open person? The interview itself was fairly easy and timely .