Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.0

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I went in and applied at the store and set up an interview for the following day. Following the interview I was given a link to an assessment test and upon completion I was phoned and offered the position and went in for orientation the next week. After the orientation we were told to call back the following day to receive our employee id and to find out when we were on the schedule. However, when I called back it seemed as if they were not ready for my call. One of the managers told me they would call me back in a few hours, which they didn't. I tried calling again to no avail and sent an email to the store to which I was replied to within a dat informing me of my schedule and my employee number.

Interview Questions
  • They gave us 5 minutes to pick out three things in the store and then try to sell said things to the manager.   Answer Question
offered flat our pay rate, no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Polo RL was the best job I had, at the best company I have ever worked for, yet I did not appreciate it while I was there. Ensconced in the Polo Mansion at 867 Madison, we earned a good base salary along with commission and health benefits and a 401 K program. My friends who started there 25 years ago or more are now all millionaires. The interviewing process was basically all about looks and demeanor and saying "Polo is a lifestyle". If you were young, good-looking, and had enough money to buy $2,000 worth of clothes discounted 65% you were in.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in November 2013.

Put in an application online, got a call for an interview. The interview was standard, no out of the box or out of the ordinary questions. It was a group interview for the store that I had applied to which was alright with me as I had been in this type of interview before. After the interview, I waited over a month, I then got a phone call offering me the position. The End.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Got an application in store and got a call the next week. Group interviews and watched a video. A lot of high school and college students. There were some older individuals as well that worked there full time. Very basic interview questions. Not that bad. Managers were nice. Overall, if you can sell you can work here. Customer service is key.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Very laid back, the manager took me into her office and basically just told me to tell her about myself. She asked about a previous internship and my responsibilities involved, and then went on to explain the responsibilities of the job I was applying for. At the end she asked me if I had any questions and then said she would call me.

Interview Questions

The commute was too far for the hourly wage

Sales Associate Interview

very intricate process five interviews before getting the job

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2013.

They had me wait a while before I actually went into the office for the interview. The interview itself was one on one . Nothing to really hard was asked. What are your hobbies? Would you considered yourself a friendly and open person? The interview itself was fairly easy and timely .

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Show up looking like you already work for RL. In fact show up that way when you initially apply. Interview is easy, just act professional and that you've worked in high paced situations before. Multi task is your friend.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Be prepared so answer questions like:
      -How do you deal with conflict?
      -How well do you work in a competitive environment?
      -How do you bounce back from dead weeks?
      -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
        Answer Question
    Not really much of a negotiation. If you have any specific agreements like certain days off or what not, GET IT WRITING. Didn't have a problem here, just a good practice for any job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

You just need to fill up the paper, go see a manager, listen to him saying how they need employees. Then you will be hired.

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2012.

Contacted by department manager for initial interview. Interviewed lasted about 30 minutes which included a tour of the store. Questions were your routine sales questions. Second Interview was with General Manager and that took about 30 minutes as well. For the most part it was the usual retail questions but she did stress being able to deal with conflict between associates. I would definitely recommend looking the part...they stress that very much. So research the look and esthetic of Ralph Lauren.

Interview Questions
    • How are you with handling conflict with co-workers.   View Answer
    None

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!