Polo Ralph Lauren

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2012.

Interview Details – Friendly, comfortable, engaging. Interview lasted over an hour. Great company that has stood the test of time in retailing. If you are committed to a global company, you will have a productive career with this company. Maturity, professionalism, genuine character...you must like people, or you will not succeed in this company or sales generally.

Interview Question – Explain the evolution of Ralph Lauren as a designer and what brands and subsidiaries exist today.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2010.

Interview Details – The first round was an in-store application. You must go in to get an application, then fill it out and bring it back to the store. If you are chosen as a possible candidate, then next phase of the interview process is an in-person interview with an Associate Manager.

Interview Question – What was your GPA?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate within 10% of offer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in September 2012.

Interview Details – I received 2 calls from them to come in for and interview. I went in for an interview that was held in their breakroom in the back of the store. About a week later I received a call from the manager telling me that she would like me to be a part of the company and what day i would start.

Interview Question – How do you handle a customer that you know is stealing from the store and what would you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by department manager for initial interview. Interviewed lasted about 30 minutes which included a tour of the store. Questions were your routine sales questions. Second Interview was with General Manager and that took about 30 minutes as well. For the most part it was the usual retail questions but she did stress being able to deal with conflict between associates. I would definitely recommend looking the part...they stress that very much. So research the look and esthetic of Ralph Lauren.

Interview Question – How are you with handling conflict with co-workers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Fremont, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in February 2010.

Interview Details – Took about one week. First Interview was with HR Manager, Second Interview was with Store manager, then I was hired.

Interview Question – None really. Real generic interview questions, nothing highly complex.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – I went in and applied at the store and set up an interview for the following day. Following the interview I was given a link to an assessment test and upon completion I was phoned and offered the position and went in for orientation the next week. After the orientation we were told to call back the following day to receive our employee id and to find out when we were on the schedule. However, when I called back it seemed as if they were not ready for my call. One of the managers told me they would call me back in a few hours, which they didn't. I tried calling again to no avail and sent an email to the store to which I was replied to within a dat informing me of my schedule and my employee number.

Interview Question – They gave us 5 minutes to pick out three things in the store and then try to sell said things to the manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offered flat our pay rate, no negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Polo RL was the best job I had, at the best company I have ever worked for, yet I did not appreciate it while I was there. Ensconced in the Polo Mansion at 867 Madison, we earned a good base salary along with commission and health benefits and a 401 K program. My friends who started there 25 years ago or more are now all millionaires. The interviewing process was basically all about looks and demeanor and saying "Polo is a lifestyle". If you were young, good-looking, and had enough money to buy $2,000 worth of clothes discounted 65% you were in.

Interview Question – What are your goals?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Got an application in store and got a call the next week. Group interviews and watched a video. A lot of high school and college students. There were some older individuals as well that worked there full time. Very basic interview questions. Not that bad. Managers were nice. Overall, if you can sell you can work here. Customer service is key.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details – Very laid back, the manager took me into her office and basically just told me to tell her about myself. She asked about a previous internship and my responsibilities involved, and then went on to explain the responsibilities of the job I was applying for. At the end she asked me if I had any questions and then said she would call me.

Interview Question – She did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The commute was too far for the hourly wage

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details – very intricate process five interviews before getting the job

Interview Question – how would you handle a shop lifter   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Polo Ralph Lauren employees and interview candidates.