Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Professional Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.2

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

If you know someone that works there, they will hire you. It was that simple. They will ask you to come about two times and then tell you that you are hired. They like women who wear little to no makeup and do not permit colored nails or extreme hairstyles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any megotiation. They told me how much the pay was and that was that.

Other Interview Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Port St Lucie, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Need to first apply through the internet. Then you need to take an assessment test and pass. Next is interviewing with the department manager and then again with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic sales questions. Experience, why Ralph Lauren and then what would you do in certain situation questions.   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Interview Details – The first round was an in-store application. You must go in to get an application, then fill it out and bring it back to the store. If you are chosen as a possible candidate, then next phase of the interview process is an in-person interview with an Associate Manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate within 10% of offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Turned in my application and got a call about a week later inviting me to a group interview. The group interview was really casual, the manager actually didn't ask us any questions, she just told us about the job and company policy. She told all of us to take an online survey and would call us for second interviews. I took my survey immediately when I got home and got a call a few hours later asking me for a second interview the next day. The manager asked me some basic questions about my previous jobs and told me more about the expectations of the position, she asked me what I was looking for salary-wise and hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Beverly Hills, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

walked in and asked for manager. inquired if hiring. yes, so i interviewed on the spot. asked to wait, so i did and then interviewed with another manager. then another. then got called back for another, and then called back for another, offered a position in sales. took a day to think it over. accepted. done.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this position. why not something else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

just accepted their offer since it's pretty basic across the board in retail.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2011.

Interview

Applied a month ago and got a call for a group interview. Overall the interview was easy.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2010.

Interview

I was recruited from anther sales job by the store manger, she gave me her card, I gave her a call, we set up and interview, I can into the store, had a chat, I went home, had a phone interview with the district manager and was called a few days later and offfered a full time position.

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were very hard, they simply asked about previous sales experience and what I thought "good customer service" really meant.   Answer Question
    • We also talked about luxury items and how it's different than other sales jobs. they were happy I had sold high-end things in the past, even though it wasnt fashion   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotion phase, all sales employees start at the same pay rate and commision level which was nice.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2010.

Interview

Go into the store to ask for an application. After working for the company, I learned that online applications sort of get lost is cyber land. I received a phone call for an initial interview. I met with a department manager first. Then I got another call back for a second interview with the general manager and the department manager. A few days later, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell high end merchandise?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Polo Ralph Lauren does not negotiate. You will receive $12 an hour plus 3% commission. If you want more money, sell more! Some stores are on a 8% commission versus an $8 an hour rate. It is a draw system.