Polo Ralph Lauren

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Professional

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview Details – The first round was an in-store application. You must go in to get an application, then fill it out and bring it back to the store. If you are chosen as a possible candidate, then next phase of the interview process is an in-person interview with an Associate Manager.

Interview Question – Interview Details – The first round was an in-store application. You must go in to get an application, then fill it out and bring it back to the store. If you are chosen as a possible candidate, then next phase of the interview process is an in-person interview with an Associate Manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate within 10% of offer

Austin, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in May 2011.

Interview Details – Turned in my application and got a call about a week later inviting me to a group interview. The group interview was really casual, the manager actually didn't ask us any questions, she just told us about the job and company policy. She told all of us to take an online survey and would call us for second interviews. I took my survey immediately when I got home and got a call a few hours later asking me for a second interview the next day. The manager asked me some basic questions about my previous jobs and told me more about the expectations of the position, she asked me what I was looking for salary-wise and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2008.

Interview Details – walked in and asked for manager.
inquired if hiring.
yes, so i interviewed on the spot.
asked to wait, so i did and then interviewed with another manager.
then another.
then got called back for another, and then called back for another, offered a position in sales.
took a day to think it over. accepted. done.

Interview Question – why are you interested in this position. why not something else?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – just accepted their offer since it's pretty basic across the board in retail.

Sales Professional

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited from anther sales job by the store manger, she gave me her card, I gave her a call, we set up and interview, I can into the store, had a chat, I went home, had a phone interview with the district manager and was called a few days later and offfered a full time position.

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were very hard, they simply asked about previous sales experience and what I thought "good customer service" really meant.   Answer Question
  • We also talked about luxury items and how it's different than other sales jobs. they were happy I had sold high-end things in the past, even though it wasnt fashion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotion phase, all sales employees start at the same pay rate and commision level which was nice.

Sales Professional

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied a month ago and got a call for a group interview. Overall the interview was easy.

Interview Question – How would you sale the products?   Answer Question

Sales Professional

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in January 2010.

Interview Details – Go into the store to ask for an application. After working for the company, I learned that online applications sort of get lost is cyber land. I received a phone call for an initial interview. I met with a department manager first. Then I got another call back for a second interview with the general manager and the department manager. A few days later, I was hired.

Interview Question – How would you sell high end merchandise?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Polo Ralph Lauren does not negotiate. You will receive $12 an hour plus 3% commission. If you want more money, sell more! Some stores are on a 8% commission versus an $8 an hour rate. It is a draw system.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polo Ralph Lauren Sales Professional interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Polo Ralph Lauren employees and interview candidates.