PolyOne

Relevance Date Difficulty

Industry Marketing Manager Interview

Industry Marketing Manager
Avon Lake, OH

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at PolyOne in April 2014.

Interview Details – The response from the corporate recruiter was 3 days after resume submission. I had 2 phone interviews before being brought in for 2 rounds of face to face interviews lasting over 4 hours each. Also had to take an online personality test and a selling skills test. Overall great experience, the people were super friendly.

Interview Question – Who was your best friend in college and what was he better at than you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, good offer

Operational Excellence Specialist Interview

Operational Excellence Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PolyOne.

Interview Details – 2 behaviour interviews, 5 year goal, why polyone, Why operations, Run through resume

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PolyOne in March 2014.

Interview Details – Signed up for an interview on campus. Had two 30 minute interviews back-to-back. The first guy was young and spoke more about himself and the doors that PolyOne opened for him. It was hard to make an impression because he dominated most of the conversation and I did not want to be rude.
The second interview was with the hiring manager, who asked simple questions like " Why Polyone?", "What do you know about us?" very simple questions then one behavioral about a time I used my financial acumen. They interviewed for two days on campus and this was there last stop on a tour of five schools, so a lot of applicants.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good financial professional?   View Answer

IT Associate Interview

IT Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PolyOne.

Interview Details – -Phone Interview with HR rep
-Phone Interview with IT Director
-In-person interview day: 4 IT Managers, 1 IT Director and CIO
-In-person interview day: 3 IT Managers
-In-person interview day: 2 IT Directors and 3 IT Managers
-Phone Interview with IT Team Member

= 2.5 Months

Interview Question – What would you do if you had to do 3 things, but only had time to do 2   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PolyOne.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus after career fair. Then took an online test to determine if I made it to the next round. Went to Houston for 2 days of interviews. Interviewed with sales reps and HR. Two interviews with sales reps and one with HR. Had dinner the first night with sales reps and the next day interviews were held. After recruiting event in Houston I was contacted by two sales reps and asked them questions over the phone. Sales manager set up meeting in person for final interview.

Interview Question – Scenario question: What would you do if you promised a customer material but you could not get it to them on time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sale Engineer Interview

Sale Engineer
Avon, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PolyOne.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with HR, then a final round interview that consisted of visiting Avon, Ohio. We had dinner with other candidates and employees, then went back to our hotel rooms. The next day consisted of a presentation by the CFO then a company tour and then 2 more sales interviews. My Advice.... stay away from HR if you get to the final round because one employee had worked there for 8 weeks and the other was completely disrespectful. Talk with the sales reps all of them were nice, funny and had good stories.

Interview Question – standard questions - why do you want to go into sales - why PolyOne - tell me about a time..   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – microsoft

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PolyOne in July 2013.

Interview Details – 3 months of interviews..

Contacted by HR (one interviewer) Contacted by the regional sales manager "three interviews by one person
Then online test.
Then a interview with a Regional Sales manager in the southern USA
Flown back for face to face outside Cleveland - five more interviews? Use your own math. Nice people and solid place to interview (very niche)

Interview Question – Who is your Hero in Life?   View Answer

Product Developer - Thermoplastic Polymer Products Interview

Product Developer - Thermoplastic Polymer Products

Interviewed at PolyOne

Interview Details – I received an email and set up a phone interview with a senior recruiter. After phone interview, the recruiter emailed me back saying they have other candidates who more closely match the needs of the position.

Interview Question – Do you have experience dealing with customers.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Pasadena, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PolyOne in September 2011.

Interview Details – First I had two phone interviews. The first was a phone interview with the recruiter in Corporate, and then I had another phone interview with the HR Manager. This was followed up with a visit to the facility where I completed several one on one interviews. Then I had another phone interview with the Plant Manager from the Corporate Office facility. Then they made me wait a while before they offered me the position.

Interview Question – What do you want to be doing in the next 5 to 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the initial offer. They were very open to it. My advice to others is it never hurts to ask.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Avon Lake, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PolyOne in November 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview with a PolyOne HR recruiter, they simply asked questions about my resume just to clarify anything. Next was a HR Manager and she filled me in more about the position and directed me to take an online personality test. The test was sales based and tested what I feel would qualify as moral decisions as well as basic knowledge of the sales process. Two in person interviews followed. Each took about half a day. I met with 4 people each time. The first session was with the person who would be my direct supervisor, the HR Manager, and two individuals in a similar role in a different department. Each division of PolyOne seems to operate independently of the other divisions. The next session I met with individuals in the supply chain & administrative areas. Each interviewer basically asked a few questions about my experiences, asked me to describe myself, and had one or two questions about either marketing or customer service. I was quite disappointed however in the end because I have been given a "soft no". In other words, for all of my effort I put forth, PolyOne didn't contact me to explain where I was in the selection process, and after contacting them, I was told that they would need about 3 months to see if the position being created was justifiable.

Interview Question – Describe how you would work with a customer who has an issue with a product or batch. What steps would you take to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PolyOne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PolyOne interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by PolyOne employees and interview candidates.