Polycom

2.8

Desktop Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Polycom in August 2014.

I applied for this opportunity about 1 month ago. The total process for me is 1 1/2 month. Got email back with about 10 questions (tech and salary questions), I answered it and didn't expect to have an interview. I got interview afterward. However, it is very tiring experience. I was told to have Web/Video interview (at NYC location) with 5 people. It turned out to be 6 people, each person, about 1/2 hour. Continuously from Tech co-workers, manager, to supervisor, non-stopped. When it came about almost end of the interview, my mouth was dry. Talking two and 1/2 hours straight in interview with six people was really first time. On top of that, I was in a very small phone with a pc, webcam in front of me. Sometimes I feel like being interrogated instead of being interviewed.

I don't know how they determine whom to hire. But to me, if all agree with one candidate, it will be tough one. Weeks passed by, and on news or response, I guess I didn't get accepted....

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel if you are overqualified for the position?   Answer Question

Sales Engineering Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polycom.

Company depends mainly on telephone interviews to get to next step. Strange questions.. No laid out agenda for discussion topics. Manager was all over the place in interview. Very unorganized and questions were not inline with the position.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polycom.

Very quick process. Emailed resume. Phone interview the next day. On-site interview later that week. Had the job before I even got home from the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It was an internship (experience preferred, but not required).   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polycom.

Once I submitted an application it was less than a month before I was contacted via email to arrange an interview. I arrived at the interview and saw that the two people interviewing me were dressed in business casual. It was a standard interview: handshake, they asked me questions, they offered to answer my questions, etc. The pay and benefits were discussed on the first interview, tt was non-negotiable at my level. A couple of days after the interview, I was notified I got the job and was to start 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions like "What brings you to us today?" "Why are you the best candidate?" The part that was difficult was where the interview took my answers and then turned those into more difficult questions. The interviewer seemed like a lawyer doing a cross-examination on a witness. Be prepared to give answers for your answers.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. If you have previous experience directly relating to Polycom tech, your story may be different.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Polycom.

Proccess is quite lengthy. Took couple weeks to setup all interviews. Offer was made after couple more weeks.

Interview Questions

Offer was well below what I wanted. I had notified what my salary expectations are before the interviews. Basically, HR ended up wasting mine and Polycoms time.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polycom.

Pleasant experience. Have been asked about my experience. Questions asked about what the work i have done.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polycom in April 2013.

First phone interview from manager. Asked OOP and C++ questions. OOP questions like what is inheritance and polymorphism. What is static in C++. State three uses of static. After the phone interview was called for onsite interview. Onsite was 1:1 with two software engineers. One Engineer had a set of 15 questions on OOPs again. Asked me to go through all the questions and answer one by one.

Interview Questions
    • One Engineer asked me if there are threads which have loops in them. for example they are printing numbers from 1 to 100. how will u make sure all the threads print together in sync.   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polycom in October 2012.

First round was an HR interview. After that there will be a coding test once you pass the test, There will be a phone interview and after that there will be a face to face or live(video) interview.

Interview Questions
    • they will ask to design a game in either java or C++ in such a way that the same code can be used for online gaming and allows multiple number of users to play at the same time.   Answer Question

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Polycom in August 2012.

I had a series of about 8 interviews for a senior level position I was extremely interested in. It came down to a few finalists and I did not get the job. I hadn't interviewed externally in 12 years, my first rounds went very well but the final interviews kind of fell flat on my side. Every interview was remote, by phone, so that made it a very tough experience.

Still, I was left with a positive impression - the talent acquisition team were very good communicators, every interviewer was prompt and respectful. I would not hesitate to talk with them again and have no hard feelings should I become a customer in my next life.

Interview Questions
    • How do I recruit employees - a fairly straightforward question to which I gave an extremely dumb answer. Wow, was that one a stinker!   Answer Question

Senior Release Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polycom in August 2012.

A Recruiter discusses the fit between you and the position. The recruiter then phone screens with the applicant. If the phone screen is successful a phone interview with hiring manager is scheduled. Hiring manager will then bring you in for a multitude of interviews with the staff and other management.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager asked the same question 3 different time. "Explain the process you used for root cause analysis."   View Answer