Polycom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.9

Director of Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polycom.

Like the twilight zone - weirdest interview ever. 5 of the 7 interviews were over their video system (with out of town employees). HR left me in this huge conference room and I had to try to find my way out after all the interviews were over. I was walking around aimlessly until I finally found someone who could direct me to the exit.

Interview Questions
    • How are you at handling difficult people that should be fired?   View Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polycom in January 2015.

The interview process was lengthy (3 hours), I was interviewed by 6 people. Most of them seemed to come from a blue collar background and have been with the company for 10+ years giving me a good impression. They were friendly, except one manager felt that he had to prove to me how he can troubleshoot SIP better than me in any scenario and ignored everything else I had to offer (he had a conversation with himself for more than 10 minutes). I felt this was embarrassing, unprofessional and completely unnecessary. On the contrary, another manager was very unusual and had me try to solve a math problem and it was fun. Overall I left their Andover location with a bittersweet feeling, wanting that they had asked me more questions about me instead being only friendly and polite.

Desktop Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Polycom in August 2014.

I applied for this opportunity about 1 month ago. The total process for me is 1 1/2 month. Got email back with about 10 questions (tech and salary questions), I answered it and didn't expect to have an interview. I got interview afterward. However, it is very tiring experience. I was told to have Web/Video interview (at NYC location) with 5 people. It turned out to be 6 people, each person, about 1/2 hour. Continuously from Tech co-workers, manager, to supervisor, non-stopped. When it came about almost end of the interview, my mouth was dry. Talking two and 1/2 hours straight in interview with six people was really first time. On top of that, I was in a very small phone with a pc, webcam in front of me. Sometimes I feel like being interrogated instead of being interviewed.

I don't know how they determine whom to hire. But to me, if all agree with one candidate, it will be tough one. Weeks passed by, and on news or response, I guess I didn't get accepted....

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel if you are overqualified for the position?   Answer Question

Sales Engineering Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polycom.

Company depends mainly on telephone interviews to get to next step. Strange questions.. No laid out agenda for discussion topics. Manager was all over the place in interview. Very unorganized and questions were not inline with the position.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polycom.

Very quick process. Emailed resume. Phone interview the next day. On-site interview later that week. Had the job before I even got home from the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It was an internship (experience preferred, but not required).   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polycom in January 2014.

There was an initial interview with the internal recruiter, then 3 employees on the team including my future manager. Some of the interviews were done in person and some were done over video at the company connecting to a remote worker. I had been in a contractor role at the company at the time, so my process might have been a bit different since I had been referred for the role from an internal colleague.

Technical Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polycom.

Once I submitted an application it was less than a month before I was contacted via email to arrange an interview. I arrived at the interview and saw that the two people interviewing me were dressed in business casual. It was a standard interview: handshake, they asked me questions, they offered to answer my questions, etc. The pay and benefits were discussed on the first interview, tt was non-negotiable at my level. A couple of days after the interview, I was notified I got the job and was to start 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions like "What brings you to us today?" "Why are you the best candidate?" The part that was difficult was where the interview took my answers and then turned those into more difficult questions. The interviewer seemed like a lawyer doing a cross-examination on a witness. Be prepared to give answers for your answers.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. If you have previous experience directly relating to Polycom tech, your story may be different.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Polycom.

Proccess is quite lengthy. Took couple weeks to setup all interviews. Offer was made after couple more weeks.

Interview Questions

Offer was well below what I wanted. I had notified what my salary expectations are before the interviews. Basically, HR ended up wasting mine and Polycoms time.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polycom.

Pleasant experience. Have been asked about my experience. Questions asked about what the work i have done.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polycom in April 2013.

First phone interview from manager. Asked OOP and C++ questions. OOP questions like what is inheritance and polymorphism. What is static in C++. State three uses of static. After the phone interview was called for onsite interview. Onsite was 1:1 with two software engineers. One Engineer had a set of 15 questions on OOPs again. Asked me to go through all the questions and answer one by one.

Interview Questions
    • One Engineer asked me if there are threads which have loops in them. for example they are printing numbers from 1 to 100. how will u make sure all the threads print together in sync.   Answer Question