Polycom Interview Questions & Reviews

40 interviews

2.8

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Polycom in July 2011.

I wasnt interviewed, becuase Polycom acquired my company

I didn't get to negotiate, per the terms of the acquisition

Sales Engineering Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polycom.

Company depends mainly on telephone interviews to get to next step. Strange questions.. No laid out agenda for discussion topics. Manager was all over the place in interview. Very unorganized and questions were not inline with the position.

Database Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Polycom in October 2011.

I was contacted by the hiring manager. It was a very easy going call.

Interview Questions
    • Where I saw myself in 5 years. I never thought I would be laid off and out of work. I had expected to retire from my previous employer. I had been out of work for several months and just wanted a job. I already know I had staying power but didn't want to blow the interview.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation as it was a contract position which lasted 6 months. Salary was very competitive considering there were no benefits, bonus, stock option, vacation or allowance or involvement in company related give aways (ie no company tshirt given to cobtractors)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polycom in April 2013.

First phone interview from manager. Asked OOP and C++ questions. OOP questions like what is inheritance and polymorphism. What is static in C++. State three uses of static. After the phone interview was called for onsite interview. Onsite was 1:1 with two software engineers. One Engineer had a set of 15 questions on OOPs again. Asked me to go through all the questions and answer one by one.

Interview Questions
    • One Engineer asked me if there are threads which have loops in them. for example they are printing numbers from 1 to 100. how will u make sure all the threads print together in sync.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polycom.

Very quick process. Emailed resume. Phone interview the next day. On-site interview later that week. Had the job before I even got home from the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It was an internship (experience preferred, but not required).   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Communications Writer, Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polycom in December 2011.

Interviews were relaxed. Usual questions asked. Wanted details on previous expereinces and how I could apply them to their company needs.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe how I handle a difficult requests from middle managers, including how I would order the work when several ranking managers also made requests.   Answer Question
    If the interviewer can't answer one of your questions, request that they find out the answer prior to acceptance of any offer.

Technical Support Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Polycom.

Once I submitted an application it was less than a month before I was contacted via email to arrange an interview. I arrived at the interview and saw that the two people interviewing me were dressed in business casual. It was a standard interview: handshake, they asked me questions, they offered to answer my questions, etc. The pay and benefits were discussed on the first interview, tt was non-negotiable at my level. A couple of days after the interview, I was notified I got the job and was to start 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions like "What brings you to us today?" "Why are you the best candidate?" The part that was difficult was where the interview took my answers and then turned those into more difficult questions. The interviewer seemed like a lawyer doing a cross-examination on a witness. Be prepared to give answers for your answers.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. If you have previous experience directly relating to Polycom tech, your story may be different.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Polycom.

Proccess is quite lengthy. Took couple weeks to setup all interviews. Offer was made after couple more weeks.

Interview Questions

Offer was well below what I wanted. I had notified what my salary expectations are before the interviews. Basically, HR ended up wasting mine and Polycoms time.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Polycom.

Pleasant experience. Have been asked about my experience. Questions asked about what the work i have done.

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at Polycom in May 2012.

Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Typical behavioral questions.

None

Worked for Polycom? Contribute to the Community!