Polypaths

Interviews for Top Jobs at Polypaths

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polypaths in March 2012.

Applied though university career site. Pretty much my interview process was exactly same as the posting below. I had two phone interview and on-site interview. Met 3 people during the on-site interview. Each interview was about 20~30min long. Questions they asked was exactly same. 3 gal. 5 gal. jug make 4 gal., train A train B. They also asked me why I wanted a career in finance since I have engineering background.

Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polypaths in May 2011.

found the posting online and applied. received email scheduling a phone interview. phone interview was just talking about my resume. got the feeling that i was just being "felt" out. making sure i'm a stand up guy. received second email requesting second phone interview. second person was (i guess) higher up on the food chain and again talking about my resume. was asked as well about what kind of math i took in college. received another email scheduling a face to face. did my homework and checked out the site as well as other fixed income analysis positions. interview: met with the first person. talked again on my resume. then given a few problems (will add them later). following, met with second person and talked about resume. go the age old question of what is your worst flaw (asked not to say workaholic or perfectionist). asked if i know anything about the company or the position. right after met with company exec. asked what was the most complicated program i ever wrote. end interviews.
     basically the whole thing is to find out who you are by engaging you in conversation with the topic being my resume.

Interview Questions
    • train A going one way at 400 mile per hour. train B other way at 300 mile per hour. where do they meet?   View Answer
    • 3 gallon jug. 5 gallon jug.
      get 4 gallon.
      (die hard anyone?)

View Answer
    • person A solves 32 problems per hour. person B solves 8 problems per hour.
      how long to solve 32 problems when working together.

View Answer