Polytechnic Institute of NYU

2.3

Marketing & Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Got an email from the employer & was called for Onsite interview. Had just 1 interview & got a positive response from the department.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. Questions were resume based & behavioural   Answer Question

Interview

Interview Questions
    • The questions were generally a bit tricky, relating to control systems & proficiency in Matlab   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

The application is based on the previous experience. It is quite fair. The best way is to contact the PI before application to see if the group really needs people. The hiring process is highly dependent on their decisions.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Get recommendations and referrals. Interview was easy.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Submit resume through portal.
    Got interviewed by the director.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Mailed each professor , and asked if there was any vacancy , luckily a professor replied and asked me to meet , was a very general interview , went over few things from my resume , asked if I am willing to learn python , I said yes , and he said ok

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU in May 2012.

interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU in February 2012.

It is an on-campus job. I was expecting it to be very general and short, but it was like a professional interview. All the questions were behavioral. Because this job includes office assistant tasks, there were questions related to customer service, kindness and patience to guests. A few case questions were also related to customer service.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 3 tasks to do at the same time (a guest come in to the office, phone ringing and manager asks something), which one would you do first?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU in September 2011.

Used a referral and the interview was like any other GA interview.

Interview Questions
    There is usually no negotiation

Admissions Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU in May 2011.

The hiring process consists of a two round interview process. There is a group interview portion where students interact with other prospective hires. If one makes it to the next round then it is a single interview with the manager who gauges further how well the applicant would work out.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.