Pomeroy IT

Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
Hebron, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in December 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter "invited" me to fill out the application on Teleo 3 times before I was beaten into submission. The interview asked about .pst files in Outlook. They also asked about what gadget I like that don't run Android. It took a few weeks before receiving an offer. Training was a joke.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was the Outlook question. It was how to restore a PST file.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation? Ha! Take it or leave it. The recruiter was rude. It was a full time gig and the first job in that field so, not much negotiation.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Hebron, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pomeroy IT.

Interview Details – Had 1 phone interview with HR and two in-person interviews, each with the hiring manager and a VP. Overall it took about 1.5 hours. The questions were fairly basic, asking to describe myself, work experiences, skills and where I'd like to be in my career in 5 to 10 years.

I received an offer from them for $37,500 base salary and would potentially earn commissions of $16,800 based on $ 240,000 gross profit (at plan) in the first year. Based on my compensation the last 6 years, I asked for an increase in salary to $40,000 (a bit less than the 10% increase that recruiters and job-hunting articles suggest), but they refused to counter and rescinded my offer. My experience up to receiving the offer was straightforward and pleasant. However, after asking for a slight raise in base salary, it took about a month for them to get back to me given having followed up 3 times. They eventually took their original offer off the table and no secondary offer was made. Apparently their offers are "take it or leave it."

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in your career in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Upon receiving their offer for employment, I asked for a slightly higher base salary which was more in line with my current compensation and they rescinded the original offer for employment.

PC Technician Interview

PC Technician
Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in November 2013.

Interview Details – Referred via a friend. Talked by phone and set up in person interview. Talked to project manager. No immediate openings. Contract position came open. Talked to project manager, first line supervisor and technical people. Friendly atmosphere, pertinent questions. Description of the work to be done was clear and concise. Questions were answered clearly and concisely.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Questions were directly related to work experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was firm.

Very Easy Interview

Server Administrative Interview

Server Administrative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interviews, I did not even know it was an interview.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Tape Librarian Interview

Tape Librarian
Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Pomeroy IT.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very simple and easy. If you make it for an interview, you got the job. The interview I had was management telling me what i was going to do, and told me to make sure I have music to listen to as the offshifts get boring. I will be expected to stay awake the entire shift that I was scheduled to work, but music is allowed.

Interview Question – N/A   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter and I had a really good first and second phone interview. The next day the senior recruiter took the time to groom me for the face to face interview so I would know what to expect and I really appreciated that. The big slap in the face came when I "interviewed" with the sales manager the following day. He basically scoffed at my résumé and asked me a few questions about it and the asked me what questions I had. He never asked me a single interview question at all. I was told to have a few questions ready like 4-5 to ask typed out. I had 8 but wasn't expecting to use all of them. It turned into me interviewing him and I felt like he had no interest at all. I felt like it was a total waste of not only my time, but also the recruiters time. Extremely disrespectful.

Interview Question – There weren't any. I did all the question asking and was wondering when he was going to start asking me interview questions but he never did. Before I knew it, the interview was over.   View Answer

Desktop Support Interview

Desktop Support
Hebron, KY

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in January 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume was contacted by phone that day and was interviewed the next day and hired.

Interview Question – Somewhat technical but not difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If possible don't work for Pomeroy

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Hebron, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in January 2009.

Interview Details – pretty low met with several people, if i hadn't been on unemployment i would NEVER work there. i have never heard one good thing from anyone about this company. they do exactly what they want, with no input, even when wrong and still execute improperly!!! it helped me survive and stay in the work force until they laid me off for no reason, because my managers (yes plural, except the VP who had no involvement and all was good with him) said i was but i guess felt i wasnt pomeroy material; even tho i caught them up on many projects and created double digit servers ranging from microsoft hyper-v ad dc's; dual drp systems on cross v-lans for redundancy, citrix, storage and managed data center and security system, and did a good job and everyone was very sad to see me go and sent me job links for months until i found something... thank you to them. i thought it started well and the director would get mad about the dumbest things and hold them against you, even non work related; for example if you liked a different sports team, yup seriously.

Negotiation Details – not much to it, take it or leave it

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1 st phone interview which was around 10 minutes long. Easy questions like what is my experience..Second, 1 on 1 interview- Easy... 40 minutes long-. Again experience related questions and for example, why would I be a good fit for this position.
Later that night, I received a job offer.

Interview Question – What is your experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pomeroy IT in February 2011.

Interview Details – One of the all-time worst interview experiences of my life. I applied for an HR Systems Administrator position with Pomeroy and had the first round phone interview and then was called in for the in-person interview. I met with two recruiters, who really knew absolutely nothing about the position. They were unable to answer any questions about the position and stated that those questions would best be suited for the director. The questions were not trick questions... one of them was the timeline they expected for their new HR system's development.

I went home to find an email from another recruiter at Pomeroy asking if I was interested in interviewing for a Reporting Specialist. I emailed back and informed the recruiter that I was currently interviewing for the HR Systems Administrator position, but I appreciated the offer.

I went in for the next round of interviews and had a one on one with the director of HR, who was able to answer many of my questions. Of all the people I interviewed with, she was by far the most professional and most knowledgeable. She informed me that the decision was down to myself and another applicant and that I could expect to hear within the next two weeks once a decision has been made.

At the end of two weeks, I still had not received a call. I followed up with the recruiter, who then told me the position had been retitled as an Associate Project Coordinator and asked if I was still interested. I informed him that I was still interested.

The next day I received a phone call from a different recruiter who stated that she was given my information in regards to the Associate Project Coordinator position and asked if I was able to do a phone interview. Now mind you, the position was the exact same as the HR Systems Administrator position I had already interviewed three times for (one phone, two in-person). I informed the recruiter I was fine with the phone interview, which consisted of the EXACT same questions as I had already answered in my other interviews. I then was asked to come in for another in-person interview, meeting with an HR Generalist. I met with the generalist and we discussed the position and my qualifications.

Two days later, I received a phone call from a fourth recruiter, asking if I was interested in a HR Recruiter position, stating that my information had been forwarded to her. I informed her that I was interviewing for the Associate Project Coordinator, but would be open to interviewing for the Recruiter position as well.

We agreed to interview on a Thursday evening at 6:30pm, as I did not wish to take anymore time away from my present employer as I had projects due. The gameplan was that I would wait in my car, since the office was closed, and that she would call me on my cell phone and let me in the door for the interview. I showed up at the office at 6:15 and waited, 6:30 still waiting, 6:45 still waiting. Finally at 7:00 I called the recruiter and was sent directly to her voicemail. I was stood up for the interview!

I thought it must be an error and emailed one of the other recruiters asking that they check to ensure the recruiter meant that particular Thursday and not another Thursday. I never received a reply from the recruiter.

Beware of this company. They are incredibly disconnected and not at all efficient. The left hand does not talk to the right hand. I've heard good things about the company from the inside; however, after my interview(s) with them, I have to say I'm glad to not be working for them. They may be excellent once inside; however, the horrible interview experience said it all for me. Hopefully I am the only one this has ever happened to and hopefully the company sees this review and realizes what an inefficient and unorganized mess their HR recruiting team is, as this was completely unacceptable. I have worked in HR for 3-years, and if my company had ever pulled this stunt the recruiters would be instantly fired.

Interview Question – Describe the process from start to finish in creating a master table.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pomeroy IT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pomeroy IT interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pomeroy IT employees and interview candidates.