Ponderosa

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hourly Helper Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ponderosa.

Interview Details – There was only one in person interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Chillicothe, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ponderosa in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview here went quite well. I got called in for an interview about 3 days after I applied and got offered the job via phone call about 4 hours after my interview. Both managers that hired we were very friendly but stern, I quickly got the feel that this was a fun place to work, but they got stuff done. That's exactly how the job was too. The interview questions were basic: work experience, best/worst quality traits, basic customer service knowledge, etc.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard. Most of the waitresses, myself included, were first-time waitresses and the managers realized that. The most awkward to answer was our worse quality, I always feel like this is the question that can steer the interview result.   View Answer

Cook/Dishwasher Interview

Beaver Falls, PA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Ponderosa.

Interview Details – Simply fill out a quick application, get a free drink, when a position opens up they give you a call and set up an interview as soon as possible. I was recommended by a friend from school that got me a interview in quick time. The interview is average in length, more laid back than most, and the questions are not out of the ordinary. I was myself, even cracked a few jokes and I have been with the company for 2 and 1/2 years now.

Interview Question – What position would you like to fill?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told where the needed me the most and immediately after the interview I had orientation set up and I was welcomed to the Ponderosa family.

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ponderosa in July 2009.

Interview Details – Walked in, handed in resume and application, on spot interview, 1st interview, waited 3 months, got call for 2nd interview, hired in on 2nd interview

Interview Question – why do u want to work here?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ponderosa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ponderosa interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ponderosa employees and interview candidates.