PoolCorp Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PoolCorp (Covington, LA).

Interview

Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Not interested in working in the industry.

Business Development Representative Interview

Interview

It was good.

MIT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

The intial phone interview is with the placement coordinator in the Human Resources department. They will be able to tell your true willingness to relocate as required for this program and future advancement. A second phone interview is conducted by a Regional manager who also decides if you are a good fit for one of their locations.

Interview Questions

• Questions in both interviews are typical however they are very interested to learn about your long term goals, management, team and sales experience in any facet.   Answer Question

MIT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

Spoke with PoolCorp at a career fair and submitted my resume. Was contacted by HR and was told they were interested and wanted to schedule a phone interview. A 45-60 minute phone interview was conducted.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

I was recruited at a job fair in Orlando, FL. the recruiter took my information and about a week later I got a call back. first was a phone interview. pretty much just telling me about the position and what working for PoolCorp entailed. Willing to relocate is a requirement for the MIT fast track program. After that round, about three weeks later I went in for a formal interview with a Regional Manager in the Orlando area. after about a week, HR called and told me I got the job. two weeks later I was on a plane to Dallas, TX for training.

Interview Questions

• no one is trying to fool you in their interview. softball questions basically. they are trying to gage your communication skills and your personality. this company's biggest asset is its employees. they do not want someone who will be a cancer.   Answer Question

MIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

Make you sure you know your information. This is important for any company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about pool corp?   1 Answer

MIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PoolCorp in November 2013.

Interview

1. Initial internet interview with HR. 2. Interview with Regional Manager 3. Background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

Basic behavioral based question, tell me about a time etc....It was a video interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PoolCorp (Cleveland, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

Involved an initial resume submission folwed up by a short phone interview. Based on your abilities demonstrated in the phone interview you are invited for an in person interview (mine was online since I lived out of state).

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions that try and define why you would be an asset to the company. Make sure you can back up everything on your resume since they will check with you and ask about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. There was not a lot of negotiation on my end but the offer was extremely competitive.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PoolCorp (New Orleans, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

Started with applying online and then a one on one interview with one of their HR employees. Next came a personality assessment along with filling out the application/ background check acceptance. Once this is done, if you pass you interview with a regional manager. Everyone though is extremely nice and they answer all of your questions if asked.

Interview Questions

• Asks a lot about the position and if you have done your research.   1 Answer