PoolCorp Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

The interview took place in person. I met with the hiring manager. He seemed like a really good guy. He showed me around the facility, told me what I should be looking forward too. This is pretty much it. He called me back within two weeks and made me a job offer.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Covington, LA).

Interview

Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Not interested in working in the industry.

Business Development Representative Interview

Interview

It was good.

MIT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

The intial phone interview is with the placement coordinator in the Human Resources department. They will be able to tell your true willingness to relocate as required for this program and future advancement. A second phone interview is conducted by a Regional manager who also decides if you are a good fit for one of their locations.

Interview Questions

• Questions in both interviews are typical however they are very interested to learn about your long term goals, management, team and sales experience in any facet.   Answer Question

MIT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

Spoke with PoolCorp at a career fair and submitted my resume. Was contacted by HR and was told they were interested and wanted to schedule a phone interview. A 45-60 minute phone interview was conducted.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

I was recruited at a job fair in Orlando, FL. the recruiter took my information and about a week later I got a call back. first was a phone interview. pretty much just telling me about the position and what working for PoolCorp entailed. Willing to relocate is a requirement for the MIT fast track program. After that round, about three weeks later I went in for a formal interview with a Regional Manager in the Orlando area. after about a week, HR called and told me I got the job. two weeks later I was on a plane to Dallas, TX for training.

Interview Questions

• no one is trying to fool you in their interview. softball questions basically. they are trying to gage your communication skills and your personality. this company's biggest asset is its employees. they do not want someone who will be a cancer.   Answer Question

MIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

Make you sure you know your information. This is important for any company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about pool corp?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp.

Interview

Basic behavioral based question, tell me about a time etc....It was a video interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

MIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PoolCorp in November 2013.

Interview

1. Initial internet interview with HR. 2. Interview with Regional Manager 3. Background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PoolCorp (Cleveland, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

Involved an initial resume submission folwed up by a short phone interview. Based on your abilities demonstrated in the phone interview you are invited for an in person interview (mine was online since I lived out of state).

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions that try and define why you would be an asset to the company. Make sure you can back up everything on your resume since they will check with you and ask about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. There was not a lot of negotiation on my end but the offer was extremely competitive.