Pop Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pop Labs in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very casual interview with a Senior Account Manage. got a company orientation at first , afterward, I was asked my strengths and what can I bring to the company; then I was asked to scale myself from 1-10 to CRM and others . The whole interview process is quick. It is easy to tell they are not happy with my salary expectation. it seems that this company only wants to hire cheap labor regardless of the quality of the talents.

Interview Question – what is your strength?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pop Labs in February 2010.

Interview Details – At best, the entire process could be viewed as a hard sell. The questions were the usual job interview sort, but the way in which they were presented was intimidating. The interview took place in a panel format, but I wasn't informed that I would be interviewing with multiple people. One person was mostly disinterested, another mostly concerned with disproving my resume, and the last never said much.

Interview Question – Why aren't you working right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation? What negotiation? They had a number in mind, and they wouldn't be moved from it.

Very Easy Interview

Developer Interview

Developer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pop Labs in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy going. From what I saw most of the staff appeared to be 25 or under, so I knew leaving my interview based on that and their reaction to my salary expectations that I would not get a call back. My salary expectations are modest for my skill set and career level, but still too high for a company that clearly wants cheap recent grad labor. I cannot speak for the work environment since I did not get hired on, but this would not have been a good place for me anyway had they offered me the position and met my salary requirements. If you're a recent grad or going to school part-time then this could potentially be a good place to launch your career in design or marketing, but not grow it from what I can tell.

Interview Question – What software have you worked with?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales/Account Executive Interview

Sales/Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pop Labs in November 2011.

Interview Details – spoke with management over the phone and email. They were really rude and unprofessional

Interview Question – what makes you want to join pop labs?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – after hearing the rude tone in their voices and reading the rest of the reviews, it do not sound like a great place to be

Worked for Pop Labs? Contribute to the Community!