Populus Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014

2.9

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Populus Group in September 2014.

This was the longest interview process I've had for an entry-level role! I applied online and connected with a recruiter on LinkedIn. From there, I had:

1- A brief phone screen with a recruiter. Lasted 30 minutes. Went over standard interview questions about what interested me in the role.

2- A phone interview with the Manager of Recruiting and the Director of IT. Lasted 1 hr and 30 minutes. Almost 100% situational and personality-oriented questions. ("Tell us about a time when ______ happened.")

3- A phone interview with the Director of Payroll Services. Lasted ~30 minutes. Again, almost 100% situational and personality-oriented questions. She asked a few of the same questions from interview #2.

4- (I didn't get this far in the process, but if I had continued...) An onsite interview with the Bellevue team.

I ended up accepting another position before finishing the interview process, but Populus Group definitely seemed like a great place to work your way up! Almost everyone who interviewed me had worked as a Payroll Administrator at one point.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you received criticism for a mistake.   View Answer

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Populus Group in June 2014.

The interview consisted of 3 rounds and a job shadow.

1st interview: was with the CEO of the company. He was very fun to talk to and asked questions that weren't basic interview questions. At one point he even asked me to rate his performance as an interviewer. The process took two hours.

2nd interview was over the phone and the questions were a bit more forward, that interview was also two hours

3rd interview was with the head of CSC. She was really nice and asked more straight forward questions as well. This interview was also 2 hours long.

After that I didn't hear anything for almost a week. Then I was asked to job shadow. I'm not sure what a job shadow is suppose to consist of but I didn't do anything other then ask questions for an hour and a half. I didn't listen in on phone calls or see any actual work done. They just showed me what software they use and that was it. I was passed off to three different people during the job shadow, they all basically showed me the same thing every time.

I was told they would call me within a few days but they never did.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the worst thing your previous employers would say about you?
      Do you regret anything?
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Populus Group.

technocal interview

Temporary Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Populus Group in November 2013.

N/a

It is a agency that monster outsources to

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Populus Group.

Interview was unlike any other I'd been on, asked thought provoking questions and also about who I am as a person. Felt as though they were trying to get to know me not only for my skills but also for my interests and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions can be difficult to answer on the spot unless you're prepared.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Populus Group in March 2013.

There was none

Interview Questions
    the offer did not match the agreed up on offer so they had to redo it

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Populus Group in May 2012.

First there was the phone interview. It took about 20 to 30 minutes. After which I was told that there will be a face to face interview. I went for the face to face interview, which consisted of 3 rounds. The first round was non technical, and it involved describing about my project. The 2nd round was technical, with lot of puzzles, and the 3rd round also technical.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to change your current job   View Answer

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Populus Group in March 2012.

I had one interview with the hiring manager who works for Microsoft. Populus Group is terrible and has a lot of turn over. My interview for this job was in no way facilitated by Populus group and at the end of my contract were not at all helpful in finding my next role.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. i was offered a certain amount, i took it

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Populus Group in June 2011.

I was hired by a reccruiter at the company I work, Populus does the payroll for them, i wish the company I work for would realize the pain it causes contractors.

The Recruter got me top pay, but again he worked for the company not populous.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Populus Group in May 2011.

Only one interview i had faced. I was asked about my educations and my experiences and also my future aspects of development for the organisation.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked for my requirement salary.   View Answer
    Go for it only when it satisfy you