Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in July 2014.

Interview Details – For the intern position the question are fair, nothing out of the ordinary. They are really nice people. You interview with two people at one time and they both ask you question of a sheet.

Interview Question – What are accrued expenses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no reason to negotiate the pay pretty well.

Interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

Interview Details – A phone interview with the director of the department was what landed me the internship. They explained the type of work I would be doing. I had help through networks that landed me this position. My graduate program helped connect me to this position.

Principal Contract Specialist Interview

Principal Contract Specialist
Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was lengthy over four separate situations. Upon completion of all interviews, there was a time lapse of approximately 1 month before the initial offer was presented. Interview process consisted of in-person and use of the Skype internet.

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation with the Agency

Associate Mechanical Engineer (HVAC and Construction) Interview

Associate Mechanical Engineer (HVAC and Construction)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview Details – I applied on-line via a third party website. I recieved a phone call approximately a month later inviting me to an initial interview. The first interview was in Manhattan, NY and lasted about 30 - 45 minutes and was only with a HR representative. I recieved a phone call about a week later inviting me to two seperate interviews for two seperate postions. This part of the process was confusing because it was the same company and same position but in two different divisions of the port authority. I was able to schedule both interviews on the same day, one being in Newark and the other in Jersey City.

Interview Question – HVAC Interview (Newark, NJ):
- What are the three forms of heat transfer?
The asnwer was Conduction, Convection and Radiation, but I panicked and could not think of the answers (I did not get a call from this job.

Construction Management (Jersey City, NJ):
This interview came second so I was signifcantly more prepared and did not find any hard questions, I also found out in the middle of the interview I discovered a mutual contact with one of the managers so the interview was very easy and I ended up recieving and offer.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I recieved a significantly higher salary from another company Approx. 10K more.

Audit Interview

Audit

Interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

Interview Details – Got interview in one month after I applied for this position. A manager and a staff sat in front of me, asking me questions in turn, sometimes adding questions to each other's. Not hard, it's like a communication. People are very nice and friendly as well.

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview Details – The initial communication was between an HR representative who went on to refer me to my department. I was then contacted by the head of the department. First there was a phone interview then a month or two later when I came back from school for break we had a face-to-face.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult normal interview questions. Asked a lot about past experiences and what they did for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation set rates and offers

Summer Interview

Summer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in June 2014.

Interview Details – To apply on university career center's website and received the interview after almost three weeks. Two to one interview. The interview was not very long, around 25 minutes. More like a conversation without questionnaire.

Interview Question – The manager introduced the work and asked which part do you interested in. Should be listened carefully.
Gave a case to solve.
  View Answer

Automotive Engineering Summer Interview

Automotive Engineering Summer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in January 2013.

Interview Details – fill out forms and wait for interview with engineer and HR. both asks questions whenever they want to. they ask basic questions and then asks technical questions. make sure you remember what the job duties are and talk and match your skills into it accordingly. do not talk about other random stuff.

Interview Question – what do you know about engineering. study   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview Details – Simple interview where you go in and talk to the people that work in that division. Basically who you would be working for if you were hired. All the divisions are very different but simple one in person interview is that basic jist of it. I had two people that I interviewed with.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite class.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Interview Details – Was contacted in late February for an interview. Interview was not difficult, mostly questions about previous work experience. Filling out the paperwork took longer than the interview itself. Only one interview stage instead of the two they said there would be. Was not contacted at all after the interview, even after following up.

Interview Question – What are some of the skills you learned in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

Worked for Port Authority of New York and New Jersey? Contribute to the Community!