Porter Airlines

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Porter Airlines in September 2014.

After completing the application form I was instructed to take an a written and automated video interview. They were okay, the questions were pretty standard (Why Porter, tell us about a time that...), but the process seemed a little impersonal. I have not heard back, I'm not sure the videos have been reviewed yet.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, but the process of talking into a camera and not having anyone else there is hard to get used to.   Answer Question

Customer Service Ambassador (Part Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Porter Airlines.

Apply online, followed by an online video (you speak into your microphone) and 8 written questions. After that comes an in-person interview, where they ask basic questions and simple scenario questions. Wage is 11.25 with 35-75 hours of work over 2 weeks. Basically full time hours with no benefits. The interview was simple and they asked me questions that could've been answered by looking at my resume. I.e. "Did you go to school?" (Well yes its on my resume!) Ironically this job is all about face-to-face interaction yet they only contact you via email. Most of the interview process is over the computer.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, they had no difficult or unexpected questions. Its an entry level part time minimum wage job - don't stress!   Answer Question

I declined because they offer no parking, and the job can be up to 75 hours over 2 weeks (yet it is part time). So you can potentially work full time hours with no benefits. It also only pays 11.25/hour which was not sufficient enough of funds for myself to live in downtown Toronto.

Customer Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Porter Airlines.

Completed the typical questionnaire followed with a online video interview. Then met with HR and easy breezy cover girl after that. Waited less than a week for a offer letter which followed a million form requests.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if passengers were upset about missing their flight.   View Answer
    Zero negotiating.. Minimum wage but the perks beat out working for Tim Hortons

Junior QA Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Porter Airlines.

I applied on career website of porter airline for this job.I got an email having two interviews,written and automated video.Written interview has a 8 questions and automated interview had a ten questions. But after completion of interview i did not get any acknowledge whether they are reviewing my interview or rejected it. Its like u applied for job, got an interview, you finished it and now enjoy that satisfaction and start applying another job.

Interview Questions
    • Not that much difficult. Both interview had a behavioral and technical questions.   View Answer

Customer Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Porter Airlines in September 2014.

Digital interview consists of a written and verbal questionnaire. verbal is online through your computer or phone camera, and is pretty awkward because you're basically talking to yourself. if you make the cut after those, you are called in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • pretty basic behavioral questions. what you would do in certain situations, your best qualities. things like these.   Answer Question

Junior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Porter Airlines in August 2014.

Written test : Mostly behavioural questions
    1.Why do you think you are suitable for the role?
    2.Explain the testing approaches you have used in the past and explain why?
    Digital Interview
    Few Technical questions
    1. Explain the difference between defect and bug?
    2. About use cases
    3. Negative testing
    4. Defect density
    Generic Questions
    1. Explain your role as QA?
    2.Difficult project you have worked on?

P/T Customer Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Porter Airlines in April 2014.

1) Written Test (Basic customer service related questions)
    2) Web interview (30 seconds given to come up with an answer, 8 minutes to record answer)
    3) 1 on 1 interview with a Customer Service Lead or Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

Very low pay, close to minimum wage.

Customer Service Representative Interview

online video interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Porter Airlines in March 2014.

Applied online, then was asked to do an online and written interview. The online interview consisted of ~10 questions that had to be answered via webcam, and the written component was 8 short answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were stereotypical behavioral questions. None were really something that you should be unprepared for in an interview.   View Answers (2)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Porter Airlines in February 2014.

I'm putting up the video interview questions in the hopes that it helps someone who may be applying. I wasn't able to find much help online for when I applied. They ask you 10 questions and you're supposed to use your webcam or iPhone to answer through an app called RVIS. You have 30 seconds to prepare your answer and two minutes to record it. I can't remember two of the questions but the other 8 are:

1. Why do you want to work for porter?
    2. What makes you an ideal candidate?
    3. Describe a time when you had to use your leadership abilities?
    4. Describe a time when you had to deal with angry customers?
    5. Describe a time when you went above and beyond when providing customer service
    7. Describe a time where you couldn't provide a service to a customer because of a policy change or safety?
    8. Describe a time where you resolved a conflict?

Interview Questions
    • The video interview seems daunting but it's alright. It's pretty much all behavioural questions.   Answer Question