Porter Novelli

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Porter Novelli in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through Porter Novelli's website. Received a call from HR within a day or two to set up an in-person interview. Interviewed with four PN employees (which seemed daunting for an internship position, but they were all awesome people). An hour writing test immediately followed the interview. They said they would make their decision within a week and they did.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. The interview was very conversational, actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for hourly pay.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Porter Novelli in September 2011.

Interview Details – fast response - they really test to see if you have those underlying transferable skills. you meet a lot of the team that you will be working with - seem to be placing more and more of an emphasis on a good cultural fit.

Interview Question – Guide me through your resume. What about research did you find interesting? Is there a specific finding you found that amazed you?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Porter Novelli in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through Porter Novelli's website. I was contacted by phone to set up an in-person interview. The interview was a 3:1 panel asking me questions about my experiences on my resume. I was then given a two-hour writing test which consisted of creating a press release, a pitch letter, and 3 lead paragraphs. The writing test is for Interns, Account Coordinators, and Account Executives which could've deemed it more difficult than it should've really been. It took about 4 days for them to call me and offer me the position. It was a very positive interview process and the people there are super nice!

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Porter Novelli in March 2010.

Interview Details – I first made contact through LinkedIn. Then email communication started with the partner I wanted to work for. Then she asked me to do a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long and it was just a casual conversation about topics we're passionate about. Then came the invitation to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was from 9-4PM and I met with 4 people including the HR person who had me fill out paper work. The HR person gave me the impression that I did well because he said the people I met with seemed to like me. The interview also included a lunch with the partner I had first communicated with about the position. It was just the two of us having a casual conversation once again.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked any questions, other than about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Porter Novelli? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Porter Novelli Intern interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Porter Novelli employees and interview candidates.