Porter Novelli Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Porter Novelli (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied to the PN internship after meeting two company representatives at a university career fair. About two weeks later, I was contacted to set up a time for an in person interview with two more representatives. It so happened that one of the people I met at the career fair also sat in on the interview. The interview itself was pretty standard in terms of the resume and experience walk through. Although it was a 2:1 panel, both representatives were extremely personable and made me feel comfortable despite how nervous I was. After, I was led to an office to complete a 2.5 hour writing test. The test consisted of a pitch letter, press release and three lead paragraphs with headlines. The test itself did not have any tricks and was based on pure skill. About two weeks after completing the interview and writing test, I received a phone call with the offer. Overall a really standard hiring process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Porter Novelli

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Porter Novelli (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for an internship through PN's online portal. I received an email the next day asking for a phone interview and scheduled an interview for later that week. Overall the interview was super casual. The HR Director asked fairly basic questions, and talked a lot about PN's culture and clients.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through each experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Porter Novelli (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied through Porter Novelli's website. I was contacted by phone to set up an in-person interview. The interview was a 3:1 panel asking me questions about my experiences on my resume. I was then given a two-hour writing test which consisted of creating a press release, a pitch letter, and 3 lead paragraphs. The writing test is for Interns, Account Coordinators, and Account Executives which could've deemed it more difficult than it should've really been. It took about 4 days for them to call me and offer me the position. It was a very positive interview process and the people there are super nice!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever written a pitch letter? And have you pitched it to companies?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about each work experience that you have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Porter Novelli (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

fast response - they really test to see if you have those underlying transferable skills. you meet a lot of the team that you will be working with - seem to be placing more and more of an emphasis on a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Guide me through your resume. What about research did you find interesting? Is there a specific finding you found that amazed you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Porter Novelli (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied through Porter Novelli's website. Received a call from HR within a day or two to set up an in-person interview. Interviewed with four PN employees (which seemed daunting for an internship position, but they were all awesome people). An hour writing test immediately followed the interview. They said they would make their decision within a week and they did.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. The interview was very conversational, actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for hourly pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Porter Novelli (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I first made contact through LinkedIn. Then email communication started with the partner I wanted to work for. Then she asked me to do a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long and it was just a casual conversation about topics we're passionate about. Then came the invitation to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was from 9-4PM and I met with 4 people including the HR person who had me fill out paper work. The HR person gave me the impression that I did well because he said the people I met with seemed to like me. The interview also included a lunch with the partner I had first communicated with about the position. It was just the two of us having a casual conversation once again.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any questions, other than about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA