Porter Novelli Interview Questions in Washington, DC

3.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Porter Novelli (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied to the PN internship after meeting two company representatives at a university career fair. About two weeks later, I was contacted to set up a time for an in person interview with two more representatives. It so happened that one of the people I met at the career fair also sat in on the interview. The interview itself was pretty standard in terms of the resume and experience walk through. Although it was a 2:1 panel, both representatives were extremely personable and made me feel comfortable despite how nervous I was. After, I was led to an office to complete a 2.5 hour writing test. The test consisted of a pitch letter, press release and three lead paragraphs with headlines. The test itself did not have any tricks and was based on pure skill. About two weeks after completing the interview and writing test, I received a phone call with the offer. Overall a really standard hiring process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Porter Novelli (Washington, DC).

Interview

A very prompt, but very involved process. Prompt meaning they were good with communication and next steps, and involved meaning there were many rounds and I kind of wish they had consolidated it. The questions were a bit repetitive too.

Also, the personalities of those interviewing you can vary from formal to pretty informal, and by the book to very honest.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question, they named some of their more boring clients, said they were boring, and asked why I would want to work on that.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Porter Novelli (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Long phone interviews, one group interview and several one on one interviews with current employees at various levels. Pretty intense timed writing test required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, but definitely should have.