Portfolio Recovery

Portfolio Recovery Account Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Applied online and then a phone interview about the position. The recruiter scheduled an appointment to do the phone interview and then forgot about the appointment. Called me back at the end of the day and left a message wanting to reschedule. After the phone interview I had to go to a open house for the job. It was basically a presentation about the company. Then I was scheduled for a interview at the job site. Again the interview was normal. They wanted me to do a online test...however the system was down.

Interview Questions
  • The questions interview are scripted and pretty standard.   Answer Question

The company made me a offer however it was significantly less than what was discussed throughout the (lengthy) process so I had to decline it.

Other Interview Reviews for Portfolio Recovery

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Go to an open house session , take test on the computer with the code i think it is using kenexa software it is a skills test and typing test , phone interview , and then in person interview , accept offer or dny offer on the internet, drug test and background screening. training and then you hit the floor.... they start at $ 9 to $ 12 base pay

Interview Questions
    didnt negotiate but should have due to stress of the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

I applied online and was contacted the next day by an hr recruiter. I was invited to an informational about the company and what they do. I was sent a online assessment which was simple word,excel,etc. I then had a one on one interview. I was contacted an hour after my interview saying I was hired and asked when I could take my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical questions. I had a great interviewer , he made it felt more like a conversation. Why should I hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in December 2011.

After you fill out an application they will invite you to an open house. While you are there you are mainly on the computers because they want to see how well you can type. They also play phone recordings where you have to enter what they say onto the computer. If you meet their expectations they will call you for a phone interview and if you get past that they will set up an in person interview with two members of management. About a week later I got a call with a job offer. Be sure to dress very professionally for the open house and the job interview!!

Interview Questions
    • You call Mr. Customer who says he cannot pay off his debt because he is currently unemployed. What do you do?   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. They pay what they pay and if you don't like that then they can have someone in your place the same day!