Portfolio Recovery

Updated Aug 12, 2014
Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.8

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Go to an open house session , take test on the computer with the code i think it is using kenexa software it is a skills test and typing test , phone interview , and then in person interview , accept offer or dny offer on the internet, drug test and background screening. training and then you hit the floor.... they start at $ 9 to $ 12 base pay

Interview Questions
    didnt negotiate but should have due to stress of the job

Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in March 2014.

telephone interview, take-home project, on-site interview

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in December 2013.

Spoke with 3 people individually, face to face and on the phone. Met at worksite and interviewed there. Met VP's and executive recruiter. All went well. They were young, friendly and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging moment was reading the script. I was asked to read a script in Spanish with wording I'm not accustomed to saying.   Answer Question
    No negotiations- straight pay rate.

Legal Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

I applied directly to their website. I was sent an e-mail not long after submitting my application that I was being considered for the internship. I was called by HR and was told that I was being considered and that I would need to do a skype interview. My skype interview was conducted by the Associate General Counsel. I was called a few days later to let me know I was offered the position.

No negotiation

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in March 2013.

Hiring process was the usual- recruiter phone interview, manager phone interview, followed by in-person interview with 3 managers (separately). Every manager was gracious and welcoming, allowed for candiade to 'interview' the company by encouraging questions to be asked

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a (particular scenario) and what steps did you use to complete the job?....then asked the same question in a different manner. They look for consistency and want the question answered directly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

I applied online and was contacted the next day by an hr recruiter. I was invited to an informational about the company and what they do. I was sent a online assessment which was simple word,excel,etc. I then had a one on one interview. I was contacted an hour after my interview saying I was hired and asked when I could take my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical questions. I had a great interviewer , he made it felt more like a conversation. Why should I hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in December 2011.

After you fill out an application they will invite you to an open house. While you are there you are mainly on the computers because they want to see how well you can type. They also play phone recordings where you have to enter what they say onto the computer. If you meet their expectations they will call you for a phone interview and if you get past that they will set up an in person interview with two members of management. About a week later I got a call with a job offer. Be sure to dress very professionally for the open house and the job interview!!

Interview Questions
    • You call Mr. Customer who says he cannot pay off his debt because he is currently unemployed. What do you do?   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. They pay what they pay and if you don't like that then they can have someone in your place the same day!

Legal Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in November 2010.

Relatively simple to get through, they will hire anyone. Discuss how you are money motivated in the interview. Go over basic customer service skills, that you are here to make money. Call monitoring is also a large part of the job, I would focus by highlighting attention to detail and quality of work. Ask questions in the interview, ask for a highlight of the bonus structure. Demonstrating you have good phone etiquette may be helpful but not required. To reiterate, they do not have high standards and will hire just about anyone.

Interview Questions
    • May ask how you will handle an irate customer phone call   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate pay much, after being hired many reps were making more. Do not be afraid to ask for $15.00

Collections Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in May 2012.

I applied through their website. A representative called me within a few days. I answered the questions on the questionaire as thorough as possible. I received a call and did a phone interview that lasted for about 30 minutes. I was invited to come in person the following day. I also went to an open house, which is required by all potential employees. I went to the interview and it went great. They asked typical questions. I was offered the posistion within a day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. $10.25 hr + commission.

Statistical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery in September 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and i had to fill out a long form with questions about my background and skills.
    I was given a phone interview by the recruiter and they wanted my salary requirements to go forward. Afterwards, they requested the second phone interview with the managers. They wanted to reduce their salary offer after the second interview, but i insisted to stick with what i had decided. Eventually, they wanted to schedule an onsite interview to make a final decision.

I had half-an-hour meetings with five managers. Some of them were the ones I would be reporting and some of them were their upper level customers. I was at a meeting room all the time, and i wasn't given any opportunity to see how their work environment is like. Meetings were positive overall. The interviewers were kind. They asked if i needed anything.

I was told that the chances i will get offered the position is very high during the interview. After the interview, they wanted to me to fill a simple questionnaire measuring my SQL skills to make sure i have some basic skills. That was totally unnecessary, since even students with no experience can easily answer all of those questions. Three days after the interview, the recruiter wanted me to call them to say the managers don't think i have enough experience for the job. That was ridiculous, since my skills were even exceeding the requirements described in the position. I was told that they have some other candidates with the skills they are looking for, however, during the interview one of the managers told me that i was the only person who is having the onsite interview and again the only person they are considering for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Why you are leaving your current position and company?   View Answer
    • What modeling techniques do you use and how would you build a model?   Answer Question