Portfolio Recovery Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

interviewed with 3 managers, the interview questions were straight forward. I believe it is important to research the company beforehand. The process was about an hour or so and was average, not too difficult.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

Applied online and then a phone interview about the position. The recruiter scheduled an appointment to do the phone interview and then forgot about the appointment. Called me back at the end of the day and left a message wanting to reschedule. After the phone interview I had to go to a open house for the job. It was basically a presentation about the company. Then I was scheduled for a interview at the job site. Again the interview was normal. They wanted me to do a online test...however the system was down.

Interview Questions

• The questions interview are scripted and pretty standard.   Answer Question

The company made me a offer however it was significantly less than what was discussed throughout the (lengthy) process so I had to decline it.

Legal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Norfolk, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable and relaxed. Was interviewed with Temp Agency Rep and the Supervisor I would be working for. Make sure you dress professionally and bring several copies of your resume with you. If selected be prepared for a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Hampton, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. Asked general questions. As long as you have personality, drive and confidence you will get hired. Its debt collection so have to be good at sales. Numbers and metrics are everything. They want to see you motivated too. a real go getter.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Birmingham, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process went great.I actually gained some important knowledge. The manager that interviewed me was very professional and straight to the point. She also made me very comfortable versus being nervous. One thing I do recommend is that you take your time and don't be nervous while they are conducting your interview. Even if you've never been a debt collector before act confident because they will roll play with you.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery.

Interview

Go to an open house session , take test on the computer with the code i think it is using kenexa software it is a skills test and typing test , phone interview , and then in person interview , accept offer or dny offer on the internet, drug test and background screening. training and then you hit the floor.... they start at $ 9 to $ 12 base pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didnt negotiate but should have due to stress of the job

Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Norfolk, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

telephone interview, take-home project, on-site interview

Bilingual Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery (North Richland Hills, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was conducted in a comfortable and professional manner. It was also good for me on a personal level that the individual interviewed me served in the Marine Corps as I did.

Interview Questions

• What were my long term goals with the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very pleasant and initial offer was found to be acceptable.

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery (North Richland Hills, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Spoke with 3 people individually, face to face and on the phone. Met at worksite and interviewed there. Met VP's and executive recruiter. All went well. They were young, friendly and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging moment was reading the script. I was asked to read a script in Spanish with wording I'm not accustomed to saying.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations- straight pay rate.

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Portfolio Recovery (Jackson, TN) in May 2013.

Interview

First you have to go through an interview over the phone. Once that is completed then you are granted a face to face interview. Once you get the passed the face to face interview the will call you if you are eligible for hire to get tested for drugs and to do a background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is irritated. What would you do if they started cursing at you?   1 Answer