Portillo's Restaurant Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Portillo's Restaurant Group

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick. Inquired in store. Was told to apply on-line due to my experience. Applied and contacted within 2 hours. Did phone interview and then face to face within 2 days. Face to face consisted of relevant math questions on labor and inventory. Then had to count out a mock register. Once those were passed had a half hour interview. 2 days later did an in store experience interview. Worked the line and then asked questions by store GM. All in all a very direct line of interview question. You need to know your stuff and leave ego at the door. This is an overcrowded industry of "qualified" prospects. Portillo's interview process just seemed to be one that was looking for long-term and mature managers. I respect the hell out of that. The in store interview was awesome and, at times, overwhelming. I took to the operations like a fish in water. Knowing where orders were to go as they progressed. Feeling and performing tasks in a highly upbeat manner. The intimidating aspect was the drive thru management. Didn't quite understand it as the one person operating part of it spoke with some difficulty due to accent. I was not worried too much because it just takes time to learn and understand the functional operation behind it.

Did not have to meet with any top management or executives.

Overall, standard interview steps that logically progressed. A great interview experience.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview. I told them the salary I was looking for and still told me to come in for an interview. I go in a few days later for an interview and the minute the recruiter came in, I could tell she did not like me. The manager came in as well. I did not like being interviewed by someone who would have been my coworker who was also asking me about the salary I wanted. The interview ended abruptly. The recruiter got up walked me to the conference door and said "you remember how to get out?" I was very upset about how unprofessional she was and immediately knew that was not the job for me.

Interview Questions

• The interview is pretty straightforward so there were no difficult questions in my opinion.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group in November 2013.

Interview

only asked who i know already working at the store

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group in June 2012.

Interview

I received only one interview before my hire. my interview took place out on the patio when no one was walk in to the restaurant the mangers were great had no problems speaking to them.

Table Clearer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Portillo's Restaurant Group in July 2009.

Interview

went to the restaurant had to wait about an hour before the asst manager did the interview. The intreview was with basic questions once u get pass the interview u set up your hours and then your done.