Portland State University Interview Questions in Portland, OR

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Portland State University.

Speedy response time on my online application- I was contacted within two weeks of submission for an interview. The department manager was my contact through the interview process and she made everything extremely easy- scheduling interview times, providing directions to campus as well as keeping me up to date throughout the process. I went through 2 face to face interviews and was selected as the final candidate. The salary offer was lower than I expected, however my soon to be manager called me and candidly addressed my concern about the salary range. They were very transparent about the budget for the position. The only downside to the process was the turnaround time on the background checks which took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard for an admin position and included describing my transferable skills, handling disgruntled clients, multi tasking, communication skills and the ability to work autonomously.   Answer Question
    I found the salary to be low however, they were very transparent about the budget for the position. I was offered the top salary based on my experience. The dept manager quickly addressed my concerns.

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Portland State University in September 2013.

Mandatory to send resume and cover letter through PSU career connect. I was emailed by the manager to schedule an interview. At the interview, you sit down with 2-3 managers and they go through a set of questions. Be prepared to demonstrate technical skills. Youll have to set up some equipment. I was emailed a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • You need to know three of your own weaknesses. And the technical skill demonstration.   Answer Question

Office Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Portland State University.

The hiring process was drawn out. I received a call about 6 weeks after submitting my materials. A quick screening interview took place on the phone. Two weeks later, I sat before the interviewing committee (4 people from the office and 1 union representative) for about an hour. About 3 weeks after that I was contacted with a job offer. The interview itself was fine, but there is a lot of bureaucracy to deal with in getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary came up. Typical questions concerning relative experience and working in a diverse office environment. "What is your greatest weakness?" etc...   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay scale is set in advance for staff positions.

Parking Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Portland State University in November 2010.

most questions were behavioral and couple of them were related to my past experience in same field.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience in cash handling and reconciling?   View Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Portland State University in October 2010.

Submit resume, cover letter and references
    Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to defend a policy you didn't support.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Portland State University in February 2010.

Tell me something about you

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Portland State University in February 2010.

The process was glacially slow as most of academia is. I was treated well for the most part but had a very odd interview with their dean, where she complained for an hour about everyone who worked there. I got the sense that their minds had already been made up and I was fulfilling a quota. When I finally got the rejection letter it was for a different position which was a bit strange.

Interview Questions
    • not really a question but listening to a diatribe about current employees   View Answer

AV Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Portland State University in January 2010.

I was called on campus and was interviewed there about some of the basic audio visual stuff and some behavioral questions were asked as well.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Portland State University in April 2009.

Easy, common questions

Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Portland State University in January 2009.

Phone interview followed by panel interview. They paid for travel to the university.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. Started at the lowest salary possible in spite of years of experience.