Portland State University Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.5

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR).

Interview

Speedy response time on my online application- I was contacted within two weeks of submission for an interview. The department manager was my contact through the interview process and she made everything extremely easy- scheduling interview times, providing directions to campus as well as keeping me up to date throughout the process. I went through 2 face to face interviews and was selected as the final candidate. The salary offer was lower than I expected, however my soon to be manager called me and candidly addressed my concern about the salary range. They were very transparent about the budget for the position. The only downside to the process was the turnaround time on the background checks which took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard for an admin position and included describing my transferable skills, handling disgruntled clients, multi tasking, communication skills and the ability to work autonomously.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I found the salary to be low however, they were very transparent about the budget for the position. I was offered the top salary based on my experience. The dept manager quickly addressed my concerns.

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

Mandatory to send resume and cover letter through PSU career connect. I was emailed by the manager to schedule an interview. At the interview, you sit down with 2-3 managers and they go through a set of questions. Be prepared to demonstrate technical skills. Youll have to set up some equipment. I was emailed a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• You need to know three of your own weaknesses. And the technical skill demonstration.   Answer Question

Office Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR).

Interview

The hiring process was drawn out. I received a call about 6 weeks after submitting my materials. A quick screening interview took place on the phone. Two weeks later, I sat before the interviewing committee (4 people from the office and 1 union representative) for about an hour. About 3 weeks after that I was contacted with a job offer. The interview itself was fine, but there is a lot of bureaucracy to deal with in getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary came up. Typical questions concerning relative experience and working in a diverse office environment. "What is your greatest weakness?" etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay scale is set in advance for staff positions.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Good process and felt comfortable with everyone. It took a very long time to get on the campus from the time they called me to tell me they were interested in me to getting on campus for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would I choose to work at PSU?   1 Answer

Parking Enforcement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in November 2010.

Interview

most questions were behavioral and couple of them were related to my past experience in same field.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in cash handling and reconciling?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

Submit resume, cover letter and references
    Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to defend a policy you didn't support.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

Tell me something about you

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you?   1 Answer
    • What are your long term plans?   1 Answer

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

The process was glacially slow as most of academia is. I was treated well for the most part but had a very odd interview with their dean, where she complained for an hour about everyone who worked there. I got the sense that their minds had already been made up and I was fulfilling a quota. When I finally got the rejection letter it was for a different position which was a bit strange.

Interview Questions

• not really a question but listening to a diatribe about current employees   1 Answer

AV Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

I was called on campus and was interviewed there about some of the basic audio visual stuff and some behavioral questions were asked as well.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Portland State University (Portland, OR) in April 2009.

Interview

Easy, common questions