Portland State University

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Student Research Assistance Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Portland State University in December 2011.

I found this job listed under the online career center in my university. As a work-study student, I applied online. Roughly about one week from the day I applied, I got an email back from the recruiter who scheduled an interview with me. So, I applied around January 13 and I didn't hear back until January 19 and then I was scheduled for appointment on January 24, was hired the same day and then I started work on January 30th. So far, the job is fun because it is not hard to do. For now, I just do basic office tasks which includes: typing using word, data entering using excel or social validity database, and using copy machine for making copies of important papers and filing the papers. I know that soon, I will begin to do researching assistance that will help youths in foster care since the main people that I'm assisting are working directly with youths in foster care. I'm just helping them do certain things in the office. My interview was 2:1 and neither did any type of tests such as drug test nor intelligent test nor personality test. However, in the paper portion I checked that it wouldn't be a problem if they want to do a drug test. My boss hired me instantly. She was so excited to have interviewed me first because the job preferred psychology student and since psychology was my major, it also counted towards the reason why I was hired quickly. I had not been working for two years and feared that I would not be able to get a good job but now I have the best student job and I like it.

Interview Questions
I was the first candidate for this job and was hired instantly. My best advice is read the job description clearly and if you met all the qualifications be confident because the recruiter just want to see that you can be trusted and perform well at the job.