Portrait Innovations

40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Photographer Interview

Photographer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview Details – When I sat down she asked me about tattoos and other things. And why I think I should be the one to be hired. But then she didn't know how to answer certain things even though she was the store manager!

Interview Question – What are your flaws?   Answer Question

Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Portrait Innovations in May 2013.

Interview Details – They asked me about 3 general questions and then asked me why I had so many jobs on my resume. I explained and she said ok and that was it. She was grumpy and acted like she had no interest or time for me.

Interview Question – Why do you have so many jobs on your resume   View Answer

Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview Details – sent resume on line received call from their human resources for interview went to interview recieved call for job offer excited to start until training process took forever. Mostly reading for the first week then alot of keep busy work took a long time to train for actual position

Interview Question – do you have a camera, stupid question since Im not required to bring one to work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offered the position I accepted

Harker Heights, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Portrait Innovations in September 2012.

Interview Details – PI will pull the applications from the internet and give them to the hiring manager who will look over them with their MOD/AMOD's. We throw away any resumes that look like trash so have your stuff together before you send something in. We might be hiring for full time or part time, but you'll need to be available full time to be considered for the position (Christmas Season; if you are hired part time, you'll be working full time hours. If you are hired full time, you'll be working 60-80 hours.)
We'll give you a phone interview (usually this is done by the MOD/AMOD's to weed out anyone that doesn't sound outgoing or interested enough for the job); if you seem to have an acceptable personality, we'll schedule an in person interview at the studio.
At the studio:

-Arrive early if you can.
-DO NOT ARRIVE LATE THAT'S AWFUL. DON'T DO THAT. WE WILL THROW YOUR RESUME IN THE TRASH IF YOU ARE LATE.
-Dress business casual if you can. At the very least, you need to look clean and well kept. If you are a guy with facial hair, you have to shave. Corporate does not allow facial hair, sorry. No visible tattoos. Don't smell like smoke. Don't smell like body odor. Good gracious don't smell bad. We WILL NOT hire you if you smell bad. You will be expected to be around clients and children and you must be aesthetically pleasing or you're a bad investment on our part.

We'll call you if you get the job.
We'll email you if you don't.

Interview Question – The question that seems to catch everyone off guard is "Tell me about yourself. Who are YOU?"   View Answer

Photographer/Sales Interview

Photographer/Sales
Green, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Portrait Innovations in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was set up exclusively online by corporate. I had a phone interview with the corporate HR rep once and I met with the branch manager once in person. She was great. The people I saw working that day were great. Everyone was very energetic. Everything moved very quickly. I was working within a week of submitting my resume.

Interview Question – I was a little surprised to be asked if I had any experience photographing or handling children. I had mentioned in the online application process that I had no experience with either.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I desperately needed a job and they offered.
I did not, however appreciate the fact that their very carefully constructed new employee handbook was quite misleading. It mentioned seasonal overtime not to exceed 12 hrs per day or 70 hrs per week. Both were untrue. It was common to work 16-17 hrs per day, several days in a row.

Studio Manager Interview

Studio Manager
North Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview Details – Changes depending on interviewer

Interview Question – Changes depending on interviewer   Answer Question

Colleyville, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Portrait Innovations in March 2012.

Interview Details – I received an initial call to set up the interview. When I got to the studio the associates were very kind and helpful. The manager at the time was fun and we ended up discussing photography the entire time.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with children? I did not. But you learn quick   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We would like to offer you this position.

Studio Sales Associate Interview

Studio Sales Associate
Wyomissing, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Portrait Innovations in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online from a job search engine. Had gone to the interview. Manager was very friendly and polite at the interview.

Interview Question – What were your experiences with previous managers?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Photographer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Portrait Innovations.

Interview Details – You don't necessarily need much experience (or any at all) to get hired. Something you must keep in mind (which from I heard, many people didn't understand) is that you're about 80% of the time working with children age 5 and under. If you can't work with kids you're pretty much out of luck here.

Interview Question – As far as I could remember, the interview questions were pretty run of the mill. Just be positive.   Answer Question

Kent, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Portrait Innovations in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't very professional. The manager had never interviewed anyone before as this was his first time in this position. He did ask basic interview questions concerning experience, why I though I would be a good fit for the position, etc.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any difficult questions but he did pull another employee over and asked me to pretend she was a child and see if I could get her to smile.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Portrait Innovations

Worked for Portrait Innovations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portrait Innovations interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by Portrait Innovations employees and interview candidates.