Portrait Innovations

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Portrait Innovations.

I was offered an interview two weeks after applying online. The interview was supposed to start at 10 AM, but the manager didn't take me back until 11:20 and barely apologized for the wait. The interview itself lasted about 20 minutes. The manager asked me about my background, told me a little about the company, asked me why I wanted to work there, if I liked working with children, and if I was willing to work long hours, especially during the holiday season.

Interview Questions

Ultimately the the job seemed far more focused on sales than on photography and happy customers.

Other Interview Reviews for Portrait Innovations

Studio Associate Interview

interviewed at Portrait Innovations in October 2012.

I was contacted by the recruiting director by phone to set up an in person interview. I interviewed with the studio manager in person. It was pretty typical questions. Nothing to fancy. What are your strengths? Weakness? Are you comfortable working with young children?

Interview Questions
    I was pretty desperate for work so there wasn't a lot of negotiating. I was offered $12/hour and 40 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Portrait Innovations in November 2011.

The corporate recruiter called me from North Carolina and conducted a phone interview to make sure I was an appropriated candidate for a 1:1 interview. My 1:1 interview was with the Regional manager and took place while a few families were getting pictures taken and selecting photos for purchase. The staff seemed warm and friendly. The Regional Manager was very nice and wanted to get a feel for my sales background as well as my ability work with children and their families. It seemed like a fun and rewarding place to work if you are a people person and enjoy working with children.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have an interest in photography?   View Answer

Studio Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Portrait Innovations in December 2010.

Pre-screening interviews are generally conducted over the phone by a member of the HR department. The phone interview consists of questions relating to your availability, photography, and sales experience. If you pass the initial phone interview, you are then scheduled for an interview with the studio manager. The in-person interview may take 30 minutes or so. The studio manager generally asks questions similar to the phone interview and tries to determine if you are a good fit. Impress the studio manager and the job is yours. The manager then sends a review to the HR department, who notifies you of the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have an interest or background in photography?   View Answer
    • Can you tell me about your sales experience?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation process. All new studio associates start out at the same rate, $12 with a bonus plan determined by the studio's age and performance.