Post Properties

Relevance Date Difficulty

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Post Properties in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process went fairly quickly, which I appreciated. I was brought into the Atlanta headquarters for a one on one interview. It is a great location and very helpful staff. Unfortunately, a candidate appeared from their own ranks and I was not offered the position.

Interview Question – Since they usually only hire from within, how would I work to assimilate into the culture as an "outsider".   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Post Properties in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, then received a call from a recruiter. I was asked to fill out a personality test online, pretty basic, then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. She was very friendly and I thought the phone interview was more difficult than the actual interview with the types of questions. I immediately set up an interview in the Dallas office. I had to fill out some paperwork online between the interviews. The actual interview was with the Area VP and the Leasing Manager at Post Addison. It was a very laid back interview and very easy.

Interview Question – Strengths and weaknesses.
What type of boss do you want to work for and what type of boss do you not want to work for?
Examples of team work
  Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Post Properties in December 2010.

Interview Details – They called me after I applied online. I had a prescreening interview over the phone. The lady that interview me was located at their HQ in Atlanta. She was really nice. The frist interview was about 15-20min. Then she sent a skills test to take. Then I got a call from her again and had my second phone interview that was an actual interview. Then I got invited to a 1:1 interview in Houston TX.

Interview Questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Post Properties in January 2008.

Interview Details – I initally applied online, and got a phone call the next day from a recruiter. I answered general questions about my background and was asked to come in for an interview that week. I had a 1:1 interview with an area vice president who asked more questions about my background and why I thought I would be a good candidate.

Interview Question – What are your strenghts as it relates to this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Post Properties in March 2007.

Interview Details – I was currently working for the company as an assistant manager and had been acting manager for a property while the manager was on maternity leave. I had already expressed my interest on several occasions for consideration when an opportunity came up, but it was not immediately given to me. With my company, even if there is someone in mind, a position is always posted on the open position roster. Four other people were interested in the position, and I had to make myself shine. I made a list of all of my accomplishments and had them in front of me so I could easily glance at them when asked why I deserved to be the new manager. I think what helped me is that I was confident in the fact that I was the best person for the job and it came through in the way I answered the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I went in knowing about how much the current manager made by the budget, so I asked for higher than that amount. I figured they would offer me less but move up to the budgeted amount if I tried to negotiate. I still wanted more, so I asked for a 90 day evaluation, and was able to receive a bit more at that time. It worked.

Leasing Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Post Properties in December 2011.

Interview Details – Great interview.I loved the recruiters. The interview was very easygoing and the poeple were great. The interviewers were considerate, genuine, and personable. The company was portrayed to be very innovative and prestigious with very low turnover. The personality test took a while, but it was fun. There was an IQ portion. I would definitely love to work for this company.

Interview Question – Describe any obstacles you have overcome.   Answer Question

Worked for Post Properties? Contribute to the Community!