Post Properties Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Post Properties

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post Properties.

Interview

It was very professional and quick. It was painless however you have I know the job to answer the questions. Interviewer was very nice and did not make it uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Post Properties.

Interview

Phone interviews are super easy if you are experienced; they are desperate to hire, so don't believe them when they tell you they only hire from within. That is a lie.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, they were too desperate to hire to care.   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Post Properties in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday and was then contacted via email on that following Tuesday telling me that they wanted to schedule a phone screen. I emailed back my availability and received a call early Wednesday morning for the phone screen. There was no in-between correspondence as to when my phone screen would be, they just called. The call lasted about 10 minutes. The lady asked questions about my work background and general interview questions followed. At the end, she stated that they would follow up from me if they were interested in continuing with the process.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges that you've faced in the workplace   Answer Question
    • What type of boss would you most like to work for?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post Properties.

Interview

It was relatively painless and one of the quickest and easiest interview processes I have ever encountered. I applied on Saturday, they emailed me on Monday, phone screening on Tuesday, formal phone interview on Wednesday, snowed in the Carolinas on Thursday, formal in-person interview Friday morning, job offer Friday afternoon.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my biggest deficiency or weakness is in the workplace. I was expecting this question but never enjoy answering it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Post Properties (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online, then received a call from a recruiter. I was asked to fill out a personality test online, pretty basic, then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. She was very friendly and I thought the phone interview was more difficult than the actual interview with the types of questions. I immediately set up an interview in the Dallas office. I had to fill out some paperwork online between the interviews. The actual interview was with the Area VP and the Leasing Manager at Post Addison. It was a very laid back interview and very easy.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. What type of boss do you want to work for and what type of boss do you not want to work for? Examples of team work   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post Properties (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

The process went fairly quickly, which I appreciated. I was brought into the Atlanta headquarters for a one on one interview. It is a great location and very helpful staff. Unfortunately, a candidate appeared from their own ranks and I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Since they usually only hire from within, how would I work to assimilate into the culture as an "outsider".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Post Properties (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

They called me after I applied online. I had a prescreening interview over the phone. The lady that interview me was located at their HQ in Atlanta. She was really nice. The frist interview was about 15-20min. Then she sent a skills test to take. Then I got a call from her again and had my second phone interview that was an actual interview. Then I got invited to a 1:1 interview in Houston TX.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about our company?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Post Properties (Atlanta, GA) in January 2008.

Interview

I initally applied online, and got a phone call the next day from a recruiter. I answered general questions about my background and was asked to come in for an interview that week. I had a 1:1 interview with an area vice president who asked more questions about my background and why I thought I would be a good candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Post Properties (Charlotte, NC) in March 2007.

Interview

I was currently working for the company as an assistant manager and had been acting manager for a property while the manager was on maternity leave. I had already expressed my interest on several occasions for consideration when an opportunity came up, but it was not immediately given to me. With my company, even if there is someone in mind, a position is always posted on the open position roster. Four other people were interested in the position, and I had to make myself shine. I made a list of all of my accomplishments and had them in front of me so I could easily glance at them when asked why I deserved to be the new manager. I think what helped me is that I was confident in the fact that I was the best person for the job and it came through in the way I answered the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I went in knowing about how much the current manager made by the budget, so I asked for higher than that amount. I figured they would offer me less but move up to the budgeted amount if I tried to negotiate. I still wanted more, so I asked for a 90 day evaluation, and was able to receive a bit more at that time. It worked.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post Properties in December 2011.

Interview

Great interview.I loved the recruiters. The interview was very easygoing and the poeple were great. The interviewers were considerate, genuine, and personable. The company was portrayed to be very innovative and prestigious with very low turnover. The personality test took a while, but it was fun. There was an IQ portion. I would definitely love to work for this company.