Post Properties

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Post Properties in March 2007.

I was currently working for the company as an assistant manager and had been acting manager for a property while the manager was on maternity leave. I had already expressed my interest on several occasions for consideration when an opportunity came up, but it was not immediately given to me. With my company, even if there is someone in mind, a position is always posted on the open position roster. Four other people were interested in the position, and I had to make myself shine. I made a list of all of my accomplishments and had them in front of me so I could easily glance at them when asked why I deserved to be the new manager. I think what helped me is that I was confident in the fact that I was the best person for the job and it came through in the way I answered the questions.

Interview Questions
I went in knowing about how much the current manager made by the budget, so I asked for higher than that amount. I figured they would offer me less but move up to the budgeted amount if I tried to negotiate. I still wanted more, so I asked for a 90 day evaluation, and was able to receive a bit more at that time. It worked.