Post University

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Post University.

Interview Details – casual conversation with a few resume questions. They look for teachers that have experience with minorities. Had a brief phone conversation and then a group interview. It was very casual and quite easy.

Interview Question – Why drew you to higher education?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiation of a few thousand. Promises to let faculty teach extra online courses for more pay.

Residence Director Interview

Residence Director
Waterbury, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Post University in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was casual and low-key. The Dean of Students was friendly and easy to interact with. She was communicative, but the waiting process was a little drawn out and longer than expected, leading to anxiety.

Interview Question – What will you find most challenging about being a residence director?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor OEI Interview

Admissions Counselor OEI
Middlebury, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Post University.

Interview Details – I applied online and 1 week later received a phone call from HR. The HR conducted a phone interview in which she asked 5 questions about my resume, past experiences, and why would I want to work at an Online University rather than a real one. Was also asked salary range but was informed it's capped at $35000. I then got setup for an in person interview that week. I met with this lady with a spray tan and another with a ponytail so tight I could read her mind. They kept emphasizing this is more of a sales job but that there are no quotas...They also asked how competitive I am, though I don't see how trying to help students get an education is a competitive sport. Lastly, they asked about my personal life and explained it's because there are cliques and groups in the department and they want to know which social circle they would stick me in.

Reason for Declining – I declined because my intuition was right, I looked at reviews of Post University online and found out this is not a job worth taking and a mess of place to work.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Professor Interview

Associate Professor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Post University in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the head of the department which I was qualified to teach for. Was an excellent process. Asked me to go through all my experiences, and what made me think I was the right fit for the position.

Interview Question – Most difficult question, what I thought I could bring to the University.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard compensation as this is a contract basis. I receive $2100.00 every 8 weeks per class taught.

Business Management Interview

Business Management
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Post University.

Interview Details – hoping to get an IT degree in business management and currently getting a degree in business management but hope to change that for an IT, or CIS degree depending on what the school offers in its classes.

Interview Question – payment of bills do to lack of funs for classes.   View Answer

Student Accounts Interview

Student Accounts
Waterbury, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Post University.

Interview Details – Interview with the director and assistant director of the students accounts department. Just be professional, honest, and have a can do attitude with a decent resume and you should be in good shape.

Interview Question – How are you with handling other peoples finances?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor
Waterbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Post University in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process for me was very laid back. I was contacted just a few days after submitting my application. I spoke with the HR rep for a few weeks via phone before I could make it to campus. Once I arrived, I interviewed with one of the Assistant Directors. We talked about hobbies, my career goals, and a little bit about the culture of school. My second interview was a bit more formal with some harder work-related questions. From the moment I walked in each time, I saw smiles on faces and everyone said hello. It seemed like a buzzing environment.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer is competitive especially in this economy. Most people working in admissions are young and just starting a career, so the benefits and salary are often worth it for the experience.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor
Waterbury, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Post University in March 2012.

Interview Details – I went through a staffing agency, they placed me and I got an interview that week. Two hours after my interview they gave my staffing agency an offer who told me if I would like I could start in two weeks. Overall it was a very simple hiring process. Simpler if you go direct through Post's HR and not a staffing agency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but that is because I went through a staffing agency so the power was in their hands, not sure how direct recruits are treated in this regard.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty
Waterbury, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Post University in January 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted via email regarding unexpected opening - wanted to know my availability. I was. Both interviewers were the "management team" I would be working for. Lots of talk about we don't spoonfeed our kids but they need lots of special attention. They were both friendly enough and asked on point questions related to teaching style, integration within their system.

Advice: Just be yourself

Interview Question – How would you adjust your teaching to our students who don't read the books?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - it is presented as this is what we offered. Later in conversations with other adjuncts I learned someone with a masters was being paid same as I with a PhD.

Teaching Interview

Teaching
Waterbury, CT

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Post University in June 2009.

Interview Details – I floated my resume to several universities in the area. I was called in to present a teaching demonstration for a panel of teachers and students. I was called that same day to confirm my appointment as an adjunct. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Interview Question – No questions, just a presentation, but they included a panel of students and a very specific criteria for rating that I did not see beforehand.   View Answer

Worked for Post University? Contribute to the Community!