Post University Interview Questions in Waterbury, CT

2.3

Student Accounts Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

Interview with the director and assistant director of the students accounts department. Just be professional, honest, and have a can do attitude with a decent resume and you should be in good shape.

Residence Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was casual and low-key. The Dean of Students was friendly and easy to interact with. She was communicative, but the waiting process was a little drawn out and longer than expected, leading to anxiety.

Interview Questions

• What will you find most challenging about being a residence director?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency, they placed me and I got an interview that week. Two hours after my interview they gave my staffing agency an offer who told me if I would like I could start in two weeks. Overall it was a very simple hiring process. Simpler if you go direct through Post's HR and not a staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have that will help you be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but that is because I went through a staffing agency so the power was in their hands, not sure how direct recruits are treated in this regard.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

Contacted via email regarding unexpected opening - wanted to know my availability. I was. Both interviewers were the "management team" I would be working for. Lots of talk about we don't spoonfeed our kids but they need lots of special attention. They were both friendly enough and asked on point questions related to teaching style, integration within their system.

Advice: Just be yourself

Interview Questions

• How would you adjust your teaching to our students who don't read the books?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - it is presented as this is what we offered. Later in conversations with other adjuncts I learned someone with a masters was being paid same as I with a PhD.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process for me was very laid back. I was contacted just a few days after submitting my application. I spoke with the HR rep for a few weeks via phone before I could make it to campus. Once I arrived, I interviewed with one of the Assistant Directors. We talked about hobbies, my career goals, and a little bit about the culture of school. My second interview was a bit more formal with some harder work-related questions. From the moment I walked in each time, I saw smiles on faces and everyone said hello. It seemed like a buzzing environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is competitive especially in this economy. Most people working in admissions are young and just starting a career, so the benefits and salary are often worth it for the experience.

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Post University (Waterbury, CT) in June 2009.

Interview

I floated my resume to several universities in the area. I was called in to present a teaching demonstration for a panel of teachers and students. I was called that same day to confirm my appointment as an adjunct. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• No questions, just a presentation, but they included a panel of students and a very specific criteria for rating that I did not see beforehand.   1 Answer