Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC in March 2012.

Interview Details – Discussion about leadership ability, understanding of basic accounting/finance concepts, and familiarity with Excel .

Negotiation Details – Pay was non-negotiable

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was great. Management was easy to talk to. Laying out what you know, and proof that you can do it will land you the job.

Interview Question – What color is your briefcase?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Audit Interview

Audit

Interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC

Interview Details – Two step process. On-campus then On-site. Conversational style.

Negotiation Details – No negotiationas

Claims Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC.

Interview Details – Attend a job fair, interviewed two different people and was offered employment same day.

Interview Question – Have you ever performed a corporate tax reconciliation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Claims Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC.

Interview Details – college hire

Interview Question – How good can you handle change?   Answer Question

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC.

Interview Details – -Got in touch with P&N at a Tulane career fair
-Applied for the Claims Analyst position, invited to interview
-Found out that it was a screening interview and they were looking for advanced Excel skills and experience with financial statements
Kind of a waste because I had to borrow a friend's car to drive to Baton Rouge during final exams, only to have the interviewer fill out a checklist that I could have done online and tell me that I'm not what they're looking for

Interview Question – -Excel
-Financial statements
  Answer Question

Senior Audit Interview

Senior Audit
Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was not too long. I had received a call to set up an interview and they were very accomidating on my availiable time. I meet with 2 Partners and we discussed what I was looking for and what the firm had to offer. THe appearnce of the offices were nice. The Partners were very nice and open to discussion about the firm and its culture.

Interview Question – Why did I want to leave my current job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, they made an offer I asked for the increase they came back with a small increase and I accepted. I still feel that the offer was low but I wanted the job so i accepted it. Looking back I am not sure I should have.

Auditor Interview

Auditor
New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC in April 2008.

Interview Details – Group dinner to meet various company personnel. Followup 1v1 then followup office visit.

Interview Question – Tell me something you would be afraid to ask the partner   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negociation

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter made the appointment
I met with a partner, who gave me a presentation of the company
I then met with the lead partner in the office for an hour or so
I was then given a tour of the office and introduced to a senior auditor
Interview lasted about 3 hours
The recruiter called me two days later with an offer

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested more money, based on what I thought I would be making at my previous job, once the current year bonus' were distributed. They denied the offer; however, they did offer me more realistic working hours and limited travel, which was a bonus in itself. Ultimately, they matched what I was making at my then-current employer. I came from "Big Four," so I was very happy with this.

Worked for Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC? Contribute to the Community!