Potashcorp Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Potashcorp

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Deerfield, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview started off just speaking about the company. Afterwards, I was able to talk with current team members about their job in customer service. I asked what about what they liked and disliked working with the company, and the culture of where the customer support people were located in the office.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience communicating with upper management levels? Strengths & weaknesses etc.   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potashcorp (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

I believe I applied online. several days later I received a call from the recruiter and went through the usual rigamaroo before they submitted me to the client. I was told a week or so later that the HR rep would like to schedule a phone screen. I interviewed by phone a week or so later and was very surprised and pleased with his demeanor. In fact, we were on the phone for near and hour and half just "shooting the stuff" so to speak. he flew me in a week or so later. strangely enough, I have seen this type of "good cop, bad cop" interviewing technique and so I asked the recruiter what to expect. also, its been my experience when a company wants you to produce a "presentation" to a panel, they are really just looking for a reason to dissect you.in public. public humiliation training is what I call it. and its not a healthy work culture. just my .02 cents, but I digress. anyway, I asked the recruiter what to expect from the panel. were they pleasant, or a nasty bunch?. his exact words were, "act like you are going to war." he stated the last guy they "let him have it " and it seems he was correct in assessments. during the presentation everyone including the HR rep had something to say. I thought the questions would be asked towards the end. nope. not here. don't get me wrong, they were pleasant, but sneaky and underhanded in the manner if you ask me. also, I really didn't get a sense of a "team" ethos here. in fact, later in the interview when I spoke with the engineering manager he even stated "well, the HR manager is the only one on the panel that isn't a chem E..." and this is a "team" environment?! felt like everyone was kind of afraid to speak or be themselves for fear of the same type of treatment I was getting during the presentation. and they continued throughout the interview to ask questions. and they thought they were slick but I knew exactly what was going on. I really got a sense that they felt inadequate as a company with all the big wig chemical companies right next door or down the street from the campus. you can tell they are a Canadian company, in their values and mannerisms. very polite, but sneaky. I will say if they offered me a job I would have had to think long and hard. on a positive note, they have had the quickest turnaround with reimbursement expenses. so that's a positive.

Interview Questions

• just the under handed comments and questions during the interview   Answer Question