Potbelly Sandwich Works

1.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate-Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in August 2014.

They pretty much ask simple questions like name a time where you couldn't finish a project and what was the outcome? What is your availability? What sets potbelly aside from your previous employer? Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
    Actually I had to do a second interview...

Desktop Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in March 2012.

The interview process started with an initial phone interview with a recruiter involving mostly a discussion about the company. After the phone interview I was invited to an in person interview with an IT Director and Engineer. The in person interview consisted mostly of questions regarding my experience on a variety of systems and technologies. There were virtually no situational questions but there were a couple of tests where the interviewers had me attempt to resolve a system issue in front of them.

Interview Questions
    • What is NAT and what role does it play in a typical network setup? Is it required?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in June 2011.

Simply be yourself, I showed up to check up on my application one day and the manager interviewed me right there and then. Very casual and they ask you how long you want to work there and if you'd be willing to transfer if you go to college.

None

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in May 2010.

You will be asked very simple questions like about times you've worked in a group. Just be optimistic and smile a lot. The interview is really easy. They are usually looking for people with great personality and ability to talk with customers. Anyone can make a sandwich.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you couldn't finish a project.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in March 2010.

As a inside promotion hire I still had to complete a phone interview with an HR person at HQ, then have a round table interview with the DM and several GMs from my district. After that I had ANOTHER interview with the DM and then was made my offer. It was a long process that really took several weeks because they were in no rush to promote me but was not hard. The questions are situational and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you had to talk to an associate about something difficult.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation with an angry customer complaint?   Answer Question