Potbelly Sandwich Works

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

1.9

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

Had a phone interview that went well, interview with 2 DO's one thought I might take his job. Very unprofessional and misleading. Was told I was a great fit for the position and that HR would get back to me. Was emailed that they hired another candidate. Ads are still posted for the position. WOW!

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

basic interview questions, you have to apply online, everything is done online even when you have to.accept the job offer. Can start right away or within a week

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

well the interview process was great they basically want to know the general ideal things that any other employer would want to know.. Also the people were nice and helpful and informative to any thing I had to say and a very well around organization.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question would be " how would you greet a costumer?" which at the time was foreign to me giving that I had no costumer service experience at all but I answer it as best as I can by simply saying " hi welcome to potbelly I'm blank how may I help you".   Answer Question
    take if you want to better you experience in costumer service

Associate-Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in August 2014.

They pretty much ask simple questions like name a time where you couldn't finish a project and what was the outcome? What is your availability? What sets potbelly aside from your previous employer? Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
    Actually I had to do a second interview...

Store Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

The hiring process was quite simple, casual, and relaxed. Once hired, the training was thorough and extremely helpful. This is a new store and upon opening, Potbelly has a 'dream team' crew of existing employees from other stores that stay with the new employees for a couple weeks for training. They instruct the orientation, provide hands-on practice, and stay at the store for 1-2 weeks after opening to assist with operations.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

The establishment was quick to get back to me; however, the interview was long and seemed like a repetitive barrage of storytelling type-questions. They make you reference a dozen different references to things like "the time you displayed leadership." Otherwise, the contact was very, very nice.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work here" is often the most difficult question at fat-food type restaurants like this. What should you say? I LOVE MAKING FOOD FOR MEAN PEOPLE.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

Scripted interviews, everyone gets asked the same questions.

no negotiation

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in July 2012.

It was very casual, asked me some basic questions on "Tell me a time you worked in a group" very standard.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in July 2012.

I was good just smile and have more of a conversation more than an interview where your bored . My interviewer was a fat slobby looking guy that wanted to get it overwith the second he sat down .

Desktop Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works in March 2012.

The interview process started with an initial phone interview with a recruiter involving mostly a discussion about the company. After the phone interview I was invited to an in person interview with an IT Director and Engineer. The in person interview consisted mostly of questions regarding my experience on a variety of systems and technologies. There were virtually no situational questions but there were a couple of tests where the interviewers had me attempt to resolve a system issue in front of them.

Interview Questions
    • What is NAT and what role does it play in a typical network setup? Is it required?   View Answer