Pottery Barn

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Specialist Interview

Design Specialist
North Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pottery Barn in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very easy, seemingly nice friendly and helpful people that work there. Appears to be busy. This position is mostly outside sales. Interview was 1:1 and very easy going, relaxed yet professional. Excited about working for this company.

Interview Question – There was none of either. I was prepared either way but didn't seem to come up. Smooth process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Product Designer Interview

Product Designer

Interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview Details – Contacted HR recruiter via LinkedIn. Recruiter was very responsive and communicative, it was a good experience. Interview was conversational and laid back, nothing too formal.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5,10 years?   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Pottery Barn in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional, and required a second interview with district personnel.

Interview Question – What are some obstacles you've run into and what did you learn?   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Frisco, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview Details – Applied in store. Interviewed about 1 week later. Very comfortable interview.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Email Designer Interview

Email Designer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview Details – One phone interview

Interview Question – What else do you like to do when you are not working?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview Details – The interview was quick. Make sure to call after a week of submitting your application to show your interest. Tell them you love costumer service.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the company in near future?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pottery Barn in May 2013.

Interview Details – Brought in resume and told a manager I was looking to work part-time.

He took my resume and told me he would contact me. I was later called to come in and discuss availability and he told me I had been hired and we then went through the process of preparing to work.

Interview Question – Was never interviewed, I was over-qualified but I also think he was interested in me which led to issues later because I was not encouraging of his behavior   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said I wouldn't work unless I got the amount I asked for.

Casual Sales Associate Interview

Casual Sales Associate
Salem, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was called for an interview. They actually do "group interviews" which is a really good way for them to save time. It was 5 of us in the back room with the General Manager and we were asked things like "who's our biggest competitor?", "do you shop here?", "what experience do you bring?". It was pretty clear who might get an offer and who was definitely not getting an offer. They hired me and one other person.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult to me but the people that weren't hired seemed to struggle with everything.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Offered $9/hr.

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Furniture Sales Associate
Riverhead, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Pottery Barn in May 2010.

Interview Details – The first communication I recieved was via a phone call, to schedual the initial interview. Upon the first interview, I was informed of dress-codes there, which were buisness casual, also informed of the base pay rate for the position. Upon the second interview/orenetation, I was interviewd and given orientation with sevral other candidate hires, upon reviewing company policies and other job expectations. The interview was conducted in a very efficient manner.

Negotiation Details – simple and to the point, as there was a base rate for each position.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview Details – I had an initial group interview with the Assistant Manager, and then another interview with another Assistant Manager, then a 3rd interview with the General Manager. It was all very thorough and easy.

Interview Question – They are really looking for your passion for interiors and home decorating, which makes sense. You need to let it really show.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. They are hoping that you love the work enough to give up what deserves more pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pottery Barn

Worked for Pottery Barn? Contribute to the Community!