Pottery Barn Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Walked into store to request an application, filled it out, and manager immediately scheduled interview for the following week. I was hired a week after the interview. The interview was easy and it felt like talking to a friend about why I loved the store and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any specific questions that I can remember. It was more of a conversation where the manager and I were mutually assessing each other. She seemed friendly and nice. I'm a hard worker and always give 100% so I wasn't too worried about any questions.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for the seasonal sales associate position since the store I applied at is a low volume store (I asked). However, different options were presented to me that will be available upon completing the 90 day period. The other positions have more room for negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Initial interview casual and pleasant Culture is efficient , inclusive and guest oriented interview process i was contacted by phone two days after I turned in application had interview within four days hired Two days after interview.

No negotiations temporary

Design Studio Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pottery Barn in August 2014.

I was contacted over phone set up a date to have interview. The process was quick and did not take long. The interview itself was chill. Came in filled out application sat on one of the store sofa. It was very causal just like talking with a friend.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic: why am I interested, qualification, how would I handle a customer in this situation....   Answer Question

I went to another location

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pottery Barn in July 2014.

Easy interview process. Contacted by phone and set up a time to meet in store for the interview. The interview itself was very casual, we were just talking more than a formal interview with question to answer and question to answer. She took me on a tour of the store and talked about what the job consisted of; including hours and what a day-to-day looks like.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in a career? Where do you want to go in life?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Contacted HR recruiter via LinkedIn. Recruiter was very responsive and communicative, it was a good experience. Interview was conversational and laid back, nothing too formal.

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pottery Barn in May 2014.

Very easy, seemingly nice friendly and helpful people that work there. Appears to be busy. This position is mostly outside sales. Interview was 1:1 and very easy going, relaxed yet professional. Excited about working for this company.

Interview Questions
    • There was none of either. I was prepared either way but didn't seem to come up. Smooth process.   Answer Question
    N/A

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pottery Barn.

Applied in store. Interviewed about 1 week later. Very comfortable interview.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pottery Barn.

Applied in-store, had a very casual interview about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty typical. The interview was more about my background.   Answer Question

Email Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pottery Barn.

One phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What else do you like to do when you are not working?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pottery Barn.

The interview was quick. Make sure to call after a week of submitting your application to show your interest. Tell them you love costumer service.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the company in near future?   Answer Question