Pottery Barn Kids

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Store Manager Interview

General Store Manager

I applied through other source - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids in October 2013.

Interview Details – Several phone calls and emails. Interviewed w/ 2 District Managers, and Regional/VP

Interview Question – No difficult questions, very standard and behavioral   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids.

Interview Details – Applied in-store, had a very casual interview about a week later.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty typical. The interview was more about my background.   Answer Question

Design Specialist Interview

Design Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids.

Interview Details – Met initially with the store general manager and she was very nice and professional. Secondary meeting with assistant store manager who was very nice but a bit cold personally. Both liked me and my qualifications and set-up another interview time to meet with regional manager who was visiting so she could interview me as well. Was offered a Design Specialist position right away.

Interview Question – Not difficult but was unexpected that the design specialists can make in-home appointments and close business from the customers' homes directly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations regarding salary were short; no room for more money based on experience; opportunity given to take on a seasonal management role for possibly more pay.

Design Studio Specialist Interview

Design Studio Specialist
New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids in July 2013.

Interview Details – great manager, friendly place to work. interviewed with two managers. having some design experience was helpful

Interview Question – how I saw my self progressing with the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, the hourly salary offer was the top of the pay scale for that position at that time

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Newark, DE

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty smooth from start to finish

Negotiation Details – smooth...got first offer

Interview Details – Nothing more than an average retail interview

Interview Question – Nothing out of the normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is possible. But make sure you can back up. They will counter so be prepared to stand your ground.

Design Manager Interview

Design Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids.

Interview Details – First I was hired as an associate and was immediately enrolled into the Design Studio Specialist Program and Nursery Specialist. During that interview, it was like having a regular conversation. "Where do you go to college?, Do you enjoy it? What are you passionate about? What made you want to work here?"

Interview Question – None to be honest. Every question I was asked was given an asnwer.   Answer Question

Roseville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process at Roseville was not stressful at all. It is a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager that consists of relevant questions of how you would handle certain situations if you worked in the store. Questions ranged from, "A kid is crying and can't find his/her mom. What would you do?" or "A customer is yelling at you saying her desk she bought from here was damaged. How would you handle the situation." These questions are just to check to make sure you have a basic understanding of retail customer service, and generally a good attitude and ability to handle a range of situations.

Interview Question – There really was not any questions that were difficult or hard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids

Interview Details – submitted resume at the store and interviewed with general manager in 5 days.

Interview Question – easy questions   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pottery Barn Kids in November 2012.

Interview Details – Walked in during an open house for hiring seasonal sales associates for holiday season; filled out application form and attached resume and cover letter. Manager told me to come back for an interview in the following week. They were very friendly and informative about the job and the store, and frankly kind of deceiving, because they told me the next step will be calling my references, they never called them and 2 days later I received a card in the mail informing me that I was not hired.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pottery Barn Kids? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pottery Barn Kids interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pottery Barn Kids employees and interview candidates.