Power Home Remodeling Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.2

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Chester, PA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to set up an interview. I was in the office at Chester the next day being interviewed by the VP and a representative for the marketing department. The total time of the interview was a little over a half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What made our company stand out for you in your career search?   Answer Question

Outbound Marketer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview

I was interviewed by the VP of Marketing. The interview process was very professional, but not overwhelming or intimidating. The process consisted of two interviews. They were very straightforward, and informed me of the outcome immediately after both interviews. If the first interview goes well, they will ask you to come back for a second interview. Right after the second interview, they will let you know if they want to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Rosemont, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online via Glassdoor, short phone interview with very easy get-to-know you questions, 2 follow up interviews, one with lots of questions the other just for basic company information. Company is very proud of their "culture" with family-run values, succeed together mentality.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview

I was called and emailed by a recruiter. He was kind enough to offer an interview with the CEO around my schedule. He repeatedly reminded to "wear a suit" and to "bring a resume." I wanted to respond with the single word obviously, but I did not. I skipped the interview because it gave me the feeling that if they need to tell candidates this, they must have issues with recruiting quality employees/potential new colleagues for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a suit? Can you wear a suit? Do you have a resume? Can you make sure you bring a resume with you?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Southfield, MI).

Interview

He is very slick and very good at what he does. But you are being sold and fooled. Once you are on the inside you can tell it's all fake and all a way to get you in. Again, no one stays here longer than 3 years.

Interview Questions

• They ask the basic questions but act like they are your friend.   Answer Question

Remodeling Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview

The entire interview process is scripted. The interviewer basically asks you a bunch of questions to make it seem like he is interested in you but really could care less. They look for someone who has at least a little sales background, but not to much so they can sculpt you to their methods. They ask you questions to make you feel comfortable (just like their sales pitch) They brag about all of the success you will see and how many people have had life changing experiences by working there. They tell you that all of their sales people make a minimum of 65,000 a year "if they follow the sales script". You will walk out of there feeling like god himself has just handed you a blessing on your lap. Question anything that seems this good and do your research! Yelp has a great deal of reviews about their aggressive sales people, yet in the interview they tell you they use a consultative approach. Even the position name is "Remodeling Consultant" but yet your not allowed to leave until you have exhausted every possible option to make a sale. Not saying it isn't a great job for some people but just be advised it is not what they make it seem in the interview.

Remodeling Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Greenbelt, MD).

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and overall a great experience. My buddy was already working for the company and referred me to a recruiter who answered many of the questions I had about the company. I came in for the interview knowing quite a bit from the recruiter already. I interviewed with the marketing director who was laid back and made me feel comfortable which was relaxing. The interview was more conversational than your typical interview which is much better than playing 50 questions. Overall one of the best interviews I have ever had.

Outbound Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They offer you the job at the end of the interview. They tell you that you can possibly make a huge amount of money depending on what you say is your desired salary. Some kids are told they can make 60K in a year; other kids are told they can make 90k in a year. Those numbers are very hard, especially in your first full year. The base is 25k a year before taxes, and the rest is based on commission. You get a bonus for when homeowners take appointments and when those appointments lead to actual estimates. When dealing with homeowners, it comes down to probability, so in order to get estimates you have to set a large amount of appointments. Even the best guys go through dry spells, where none of their appointments lead to estimates.

Interview Questions

• If you could handle working outside and facing rejection.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview

Came in for an interview after a quick call from a recruiting rep. Met with director of the office for approx. 30 min. The interviewer seemed a bit uninterested in me and telling me about what the potential job would involve. He dodged some of my questions and instead went on to tell me about the company's perks (including a yearly trip) and seemed to purposefully try to correct some of the negative stigmas associated with the company you can find online. He didn't strike me as particularly genuine.

Interview Questions

• What type of sales experience do you have? How do you see yourself contributing to the team?   Answer Question

Field Marketer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview

Initial interview was a brief phone conversation to talk about how I heard about the company, what interested me, and a little about my background. From there set up my first in person interview at the office. Briefly went over my resume then asked if i had any questions. Was invited back for a second interview where they really dig into the details. Pay structure, incentives, company culture, etc. Concluding the interview an offer was made