Power Home Remodeling Group Interview Questions

2.2

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2013.

I first learned about PHRG while attending a career fair. I left a resume and received and e-mail shortly after saying they were interested in speaking with me. I agreed and set up an interview for the following week. The interview lasted about 35 minutes and he said they'd get back to me for a second interview. After talking to some people and reading a few different reviews online, I decided against going for the second interview. When someone from the call center called to set up a date and time, I told him I appreciated the opportunity but was going to explore other options. The message seemed clear. I've since received a bunch of e-mails, calls, voicemails, etc. asking if I"m still interested in setting up another interview. They're wayyy to persistent which leads me to think somethings fishy. They seem to have a lot of good employee reviews on here but the customer reviews on Yelp are horrid.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a difficult time in your life and how you over came it?"   Answer Question

They were extremely pushy, almost desperate.

Door to Door "marketer" Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

it's so staged a recruiter will call you all pumped up say he loves your résumé blah blah. Most likely you'll be fresh out of college and get all excited you'll go in if the "VP" (sales executive not at all a VP) thinks your somewhat intelligent he will act like he's pretty sure but needs a second interview to get you thinking it's a remotely legitimate company. So you'll come back in and they'll try to close you based on an emotional sale where they end talking about the potential*** (unlikely) high earnings and then ask if you "would" take the job. By nature the average young guy will say yes and they holy there hand out and say great welcome aboard and you walk out feeling like what just happened??? Your instincts are rigt, you were just sold.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly none standard old-school interview questions mixed with them trying to come off as "cool" and your friend so you think it's a young fun professional company where you can make all this money. They literally hire ANYONE!!!   View Answer
    ZERO negotiation one embarrassing/insulting offer to someone with a college degree especially now that the economy is slowly* coming back and there is way better out there. And as you see from above I unfortunately accepted as I graduated and one of the lowest years for post-college employment and thought a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush, NOT true here!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in August 2013.

The hiring process is intense. It begins with one or two phone interviews via the Talent Acquisition team. If you pass, they will proceed with one on one meetings. The process is made up of multiple face to face interviews (2-3) each one becoming progressively more in depth. The interviewers are incredibly professional and are most interested in hearing your sincere responses as to why you want to work at Power. They are very transparent about the expectations and demands of the job, as well as the details of the company and it's projected success. This is a company that rewards pure hard work. The incentive is there, you just have to want it bad enough.

Remodeling Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2013.

Interview process consisted of two phases of phone-based interviews which are designed to see if you might be the right fir for a position. Phone interviews are followed by a sit-down in the office with a hiring manager, again, mostly to feel out your personality. There are a lot of the stock interview questions, but mostly they want to see if you're a "Power person". The process wraps up with a second in person interview and if you're the right fit, a job offer. Nothing too stressful or complicated, you're either right for the position or you aren't.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing all that difficult. They very clearly what's expected of you if the job is offered, otherwise pretty standard.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. It was a sales position, and their compensation package was generous anyhow.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2013.

It was a very laid back place and everyone seemed friendly. met someone who just started work there and he was very happy. Overall the interview was simple, asked questions on motivation, background, and personal growth.

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question was "what motivated me?". to be quite honest it wasn't the lack of an answer that went through my head, it was the abundance of answers that I could've given.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in June 2013.

I passed by this listing on indeed.com at least 15 times and one day I decided to post my resume. I received a call in less then 24 hours from a young but fairly polished person out of the Philadelphia corporate office. I had an interview scheduled and I started to do some research on the company. What I found out was that the position is extremely high pressure sales and the reviews from past clients were mostly bad. I spoke to friends that work for competitors and PHRG was triple the price and in the potential clients home for 7 hours!
    When I got to the interview and saw that the average age of the employees in the office was about 20 I knew I was in trouble. When I was told the first 4 weeks of the job (training) was to memorize a 24 page script to regurgitate to every client I knew it was time to get out of their.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The interview was so scripted it felt like I was talking to the micro machines guy from the commercials in the 80's. If you are too young to remember the guy he spoke a million miles per hour and was completely monotone. The attempted repore building was a joke.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in June 2013.

Sent them my resume through Glassdoor because of their rating, which looked great. A recruiter contacted me on the phone, give me the pitch, and gave me an informal phone interview which mainly was just the same old classic sales interview. The guy was clearly reading from a script lauding the company and et cetera. He scheduled me for an in-person interview at the Rosemont, IL office.

After much deliberation, I decided I wanted to cancel the in-person interview. I emailed the first recruiter and his email didn't work. I looked through his confirmation email and he literally did not include a phone number. I mean, literally, the sentence was, "You can reach me at my phone <BLANK." Still, I wanted to be professional and I emailed the interviewer I was schedule to meet with in-person. Email was also not recognized. I double-checked spelling and resent the emails- still nothing.

Additionally, the phone number from the original phone interview just was gone when I looked at my phone log. I know that sounds stupid, but, I'm serious. I remember the recruiter said he was calling from the Philly area and there literally is no number recorded.

I'm more than positive that the "5-star" employee ratings are 100% fake or at least inflated by current employees. Also, I do not think this job requires a college-degree at all, which was what was required by the posting.

Long story short....RUN AWAY!

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Joke of an interview, Hired right on the spot, Was told "I never do this but I am going to hire you right now" The first day I find out everyone was hired on there first interview. I should have known then.

none

Field Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in May 2013.

I heard about a position at Power through a family friend. My process began with a phone interview followed by a formal interview at the Cranford office. Although I was nervous going in for the formal interview the office environment and the office managers attitude made me feel a lot more comfortable. The questions took some thought and were open-ended for the most part.

Interview Questions
    I recommend others to definitely take the offer and see how they like the job because the opportunity to make a lot of money is right in front of you.

Remodeling Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in April 2013.

Two-step interview process. Straight forward and transparent

Interview Questions
    • Why they keep 2/3 of your commissions when you deserve it all once sale has gone good. Also the number of appointments you get daily   Answer Question
    Don't accept the job unless you know you can endure a full commission job.