Power Home Remodeling Group

2.3

Field Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Had 2 interviews and was hired on the spot at the second. Very basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Power Home Remodeling Group?   Answer Question
    None. $500/week plus possible bonuses

Compliance Administrator Interview

From the moment I came to my first interview to the moment I walked out from my last interview I experienced nothing short of professionalism. There was constant communication between Power and myself through the whole process. I was given a phone call after every interview from my recruiter to ask me how I thought it went and for him to give me some feedback on what steps I would take next. Power takes the guessing out of the interview process, so you can focus on being prepared and showing them your best. I was truly impressed.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say that any specific question was hard or unexpected, but what I will say is that every interview was very thorough. I was asked questions about college and every job since. Not only what I liked or didn't like about each one, but what I learned (good and bad) and how I can apply that to future success. They want to make sure they are getting someone who isn't afraid to admit when they make a mistake; someone who can learn and make something better every chance they get.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was simple. Power listens to what you say and takes everything into consideration. It was effortless.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2013.

I first learned about PHRG while attending a career fair. I left a resume and received and e-mail shortly after saying they were interested in speaking with me. I agreed and set up an interview for the following week. The interview lasted about 35 minutes and he said they'd get back to me for a second interview. After talking to some people and reading a few different reviews online, I decided against going for the second interview. When someone from the call center called to set up a date and time, I told him I appreciated the opportunity but was going to explore other options. The message seemed clear. I've since received a bunch of e-mails, calls, voicemails, etc. asking if I"m still interested in setting up another interview. They're wayyy to persistent which leads me to think somethings fishy. They seem to have a lot of good employee reviews on here but the customer reviews on Yelp are horrid.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a difficult time in your life and how you over came it?"   Answer Question

They were extremely pushy, almost desperate.

Door to Door "marketer" Interview

it's so staged a recruiter will call you all pumped up say he loves your résumé blah blah. Most likely you'll be fresh out of college and get all excited you'll go in if the "VP" (sales executive not at all a VP) thinks your somewhat intelligent he will act like he's pretty sure but needs a second interview to get you thinking it's a remotely legitimate company. So you'll come back in and they'll try to close you based on an emotional sale where they end talking about the potential*** (unlikely) high earnings and then ask if you "would" take the job. By nature the average young guy will say yes and they holy there hand out and say great welcome aboard and you walk out feeling like what just happened??? Your instincts are rigt, you were just sold.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly none standard old-school interview questions mixed with them trying to come off as "cool" and your friend so you think it's a young fun professional company where you can make all this money. They literally hire ANYONE!!!   View Answer
    ZERO negotiation one embarrassing/insulting offer to someone with a college degree especially now that the economy is slowly* coming back and there is way better out there. And as you see from above I unfortunately accepted as I graduated and one of the lowest years for post-college employment and thought a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush, NOT true here!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in August 2013.

The hiring process is intense. It begins with one or two phone interviews via the Talent Acquisition team. If you pass, they will proceed with one on one meetings. The process is made up of multiple face to face interviews (2-3) each one becoming progressively more in depth. The interviewers are incredibly professional and are most interested in hearing your sincere responses as to why you want to work at Power. They are very transparent about the expectations and demands of the job, as well as the details of the company and it's projected success. This is a company that rewards pure hard work. The incentive is there, you just have to want it bad enough.

Remodeling Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2013.

Interview process consisted of two phases of phone-based interviews which are designed to see if you might be the right fir for a position. Phone interviews are followed by a sit-down in the office with a hiring manager, again, mostly to feel out your personality. There are a lot of the stock interview questions, but mostly they want to see if you're a "Power person". The process wraps up with a second in person interview and if you're the right fit, a job offer. Nothing too stressful or complicated, you're either right for the position or you aren't.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing all that difficult. They very clearly what's expected of you if the job is offered, otherwise pretty standard.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. It was a sales position, and their compensation package was generous anyhow.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2013.

It was a very laid back place and everyone seemed friendly. met someone who just started work there and he was very happy. Overall the interview was simple, asked questions on motivation, background, and personal growth.

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question was "what motivated me?". to be quite honest it wasn't the lack of an answer that went through my head, it was the abundance of answers that I could've given.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in June 2013.

I passed by this listing on indeed.com at least 15 times and one day I decided to post my resume. I received a call in less then 24 hours from a young but fairly polished person out of the Philadelphia corporate office. I had an interview scheduled and I started to do some research on the company. What I found out was that the position is extremely high pressure sales and the reviews from past clients were mostly bad. I spoke to friends that work for competitors and PHRG was triple the price and in the potential clients home for 7 hours!
    When I got to the interview and saw that the average age of the employees in the office was about 20 I knew I was in trouble. When I was told the first 4 weeks of the job (training) was to memorize a 24 page script to regurgitate to every client I knew it was time to get out of their.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The interview was so scripted it felt like I was talking to the micro machines guy from the commercials in the 80's. If you are too young to remember the guy he spoke a million miles per hour and was completely monotone. The attempted repore building was a joke.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in June 2013.

Sent them my resume through Glassdoor because of their rating, which looked great. A recruiter contacted me on the phone, give me the pitch, and gave me an informal phone interview which mainly was just the same old classic sales interview. The guy was clearly reading from a script lauding the company and et cetera. He scheduled me for an in-person interview at the Rosemont, IL office.

After much deliberation, I decided I wanted to cancel the in-person interview. I emailed the first recruiter and his email didn't work. I looked through his confirmation email and he literally did not include a phone number. I mean, literally, the sentence was, "You can reach me at my phone <BLANK." Still, I wanted to be professional and I emailed the interviewer I was schedule to meet with in-person. Email was also not recognized. I double-checked spelling and resent the emails- still nothing.

Additionally, the phone number from the original phone interview just was gone when I looked at my phone log. I know that sounds stupid, but, I'm serious. I remember the recruiter said he was calling from the Philly area and there literally is no number recorded.

I'm more than positive that the "5-star" employee ratings are 100% fake or at least inflated by current employees. Also, I do not think this job requires a college-degree at all, which was what was required by the posting.

Long story short....RUN AWAY!

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Joke of an interview, Hired right on the spot, Was told "I never do this but I am going to hire you right now" The first day I find out everyone was hired on there first interview. I should have known then.

none