Power Home Remodeling Group

Updated Jun 17, 2014

2.0

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Will call you very quickly, and hire multiple people to start at the same time on a monthly basis.

Other Interview Reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

Marketer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Talent acquisition called. Interviewed with the "RVP." Told the "worst guy" makes $60k a year. Salesman sold the job to me. Asked questions like "how awesome does that sound?" "wouldn't it be great to work in a place where you can hang out with cool people and make big money?"

It was bizzare, they offer you the job on the spot. As a desperate young grad I accepted.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

I received a call from HR saying that they liked my experience and wanted to set up an interview. I was currently employed so I wanted to make sure the time off of work was worthwhile, so I asked a bunch of questions. The main question I asked was about how much sales were involved in the position. I was currently in a sales position and was looking for a position geared away towards sales. I was told that this position was marketing not sales. So I accepted the interview . When I arrived to the interview the office was very cool and hip looking. It looked like a place I would enjoy working. They even had a flat screen television in the waiting room playing ESPN. I was taken to a room to be interviewed by man who did not seem much older than me. ( I am 25). His title was VP of marketing. He started of by asking some basic questions about my experience pretty standard. Then proceeded to tell me about the company. At this point he started to
    sound pretty scripted which was a red flag. The interview started to take a different direction from this point on. I know longer felt like I had to sell my self to the company it was like he was selling the company to me. One thing he stressed is that they only promote with in. Everybody has to start at the bottom. Basically I would start out by going to a neighborhood and going door to door and asking residents if they would like an estimate on doors or windows. Sounds like sales to me. After the initial speal we had a little Q and A , and before you know it he offered me a job on the spot. I told him I would need some time to think about it. About 3 days after the interview I decided to call and decline the offer. I called numerous times and left a message telling him I wanted to discuss the descion I had made. I got no call back or email back very unprofessional. Then two weeks later I get a call from HR saying I have to report to orientation on Monday. There was no communication. This company has such high turnover that they don't even know who accepts or declines offers.

Interview Questions

Employer seemed to have high turnover rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in January 2013.

Hey, the recruiter seemed like a nice guy and I'm sure he is. The problem is that he is being paid to discriminate on candidates based on age and gender, as they don't hire women in sales or marketing, and they don't hire people over 30 years of age.

Interview Questions

Because the job was a door to door sales position, which was NOT mentioned in the job advertisement. It's a real bait and switch process.

Marketer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying online. Hiring occurs after one or two interviews, depending on how high turn over is at that point in time. Anyone with a hint of personality and a grasp of the English language can work at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview Questions
    • We work 2 Saturdays a month, is that a problem for you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2012.

Received a call from someone at the home office to feel me out over the phone and schedule an interview with the regional VP of marketing. I met with the VP several days later. The actual questions directed at me were very typical interview questions asking about my work history. The VP spent a ton of time selling the company, the hours, and the lifestyle. At the end of the interview he told me, "This is usually a 2 or 3 interview process but I feel good about you so I'm prepared to offer you the job now." This is a line that he feeds everyone.

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in May 2012.

Very simple. You get contacted or you contact them. Possibly a one to two step interview process. They learn a little about your background and expectations; you have the ability to get your questions answered

Interview Questions
    • What do you see your self doing a year to five years from now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2011.

Applied online, contacted a few days later for an interview by a recruiter of Power over the phone. Highly professional and optimistic recruiter encouraged me to succeed and offered interview tips and proper attire. Upon arrival to office it was real professional and greeted by the friendly Secretary. Brought to interview room by the Regional Vice President and felt real comfortable and welcomed the whole time. The company story, job requirements, earning potential, hours and outline of how to succeed with Power was clearly explained during the interview. I was hired on the first interview and my first year with Power was nearly identical to the outline to succeed explained during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked my greatest weakness, how I adapt to change and why I am a prefect fit for this position   Answer Question
    If I were offered the position today, would I accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2010.

The interviewer was intelligent, on point and explained the company well. I felt like he was interested in me and asked all the right questions.

Interview Questions
    We negotiated for a few weeks but it was always positive.

Marketing Interview

They tell you it is a 3 step process but if they do not offer you the job during the first interview then you didn't get the job. They will sell you on the company and how much money you will make to make you feel really good (they are great sales people, what do you expect). They will then ask you about your experience but what they are really looking for is how hard working you are and how positive you are. Be very positive and energetic.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating. You either accept or you don't. The pay structure is set.