Power Home Remodeling Group

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying online. Hiring occurs after one or two interviews, depending on how high turn over is at that point in time. Anyone with a hint of personality and a grasp of the English language can work at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview Question – We work 2 Saturdays a month, is that a problem for you?   View Answer

Marketer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview Details – Will call you very quickly, and hire multiple people to start at the same time on a monthly basis.

Marketer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview Details – Talent acquisition called. Interviewed with the "RVP." Told the "worst guy" makes $60k a year. Salesman sold the job to me. Asked questions like "how awesome does that sound?" "wouldn't it be great to work in a place where you can hang out with cool people and make big money?"

It was bizzare, they offer you the job on the spot. As a desperate young grad I accepted.

Interview Question – How great does that sound?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Chester, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer was intelligent, on point and explained the company well. I felt like he was interested in me and asked all the right questions.

Interview Question – Why Power?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We negotiated for a few weeks but it was always positive.

Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hey, the recruiter seemed like a nice guy and I'm sure he is. The problem is that he is being paid to discriminate on candidates based on age and gender, as they don't hire women in sales or marketing, and they don't hire people over 30 years of age.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because the job was a door to door sales position, which was NOT mentioned in the job advertisement. It's a real bait and switch process.

Cranford, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted a few days later for an interview by a recruiter of Power over the phone. Highly professional and optimistic recruiter encouraged me to succeed and offered interview tips and proper attire. Upon arrival to office it was real professional and greeted by the friendly Secretary. Brought to interview room by the Regional Vice President and felt real comfortable and welcomed the whole time. The company story, job requirements, earning potential, hours and outline of how to succeed with Power was clearly explained during the interview. I was hired on the first interview and my first year with Power was nearly identical to the outline to succeed explained during the interview.

Interview Question – Being asked my greatest weakness, how I adapt to change and why I am a prefect fit for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If I were offered the position today, would I accept

Stratford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR saying that they liked my experience and wanted to set up an interview. I was currently employed so I wanted to make sure the time off of work was worthwhile, so I asked a bunch of questions. The main question I asked was about how much sales were involved in the position. I was currently in a sales position and was looking for a position geared away towards sales. I was told that this position was marketing not sales. So I accepted the interview . When I arrived to the interview the office was very cool and hip looking. It looked like a place I would enjoy working. They even had a flat screen television in the waiting room playing ESPN. I was taken to a room to be interviewed by man who did not seem much older than me. ( I am 25). His title was VP of marketing. He started of by asking some basic questions about my experience pretty standard. Then proceeded to tell me about the company. At this point he started to
sound pretty scripted which was a red flag. The interview started to take a different direction from this point on. I know longer felt like I had to sell my self to the company it was like he was selling the company to me. One thing he stressed is that they only promote with in. Everybody has to start at the bottom. Basically I would start out by going to a neighborhood and going door to door and asking residents if they would like an estimate on doors or windows. Sounds like sales to me. After the initial speal we had a little Q and A , and before you know it he offered me a job on the spot. I told him I would need some time to think about it. About 3 days after the interview I decided to call and decline the offer. I called numerous times and left a message telling him I wanted to discuss the descion I had made. I got no call back or email back very unprofessional. Then two weeks later I get a call from HR saying I have to report to orientation on Monday. There was no communication. This company has such high turnover that they don't even know who accepts or declines offers.

Interview Question – Very standard questionsz   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Employer seemed to have high turnover rate

Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple. You get contacted or you contact them. Possibly a one to two step interview process. They learn a little about your background and expectations; you have the ability to get your questions answered

Interview Question – What do you see your self doing a year to five years from now.   Answer Question

Greenbelt, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from someone at the home office to feel me out over the phone and schedule an interview with the regional VP of marketing. I met with the VP several days later. The actual questions directed at me were very typical interview questions asking about my work history. The VP spent a ton of time selling the company, the hours, and the lifestyle. At the end of the interview he told me, "This is usually a 2 or 3 interview process but I feel good about you so I'm prepared to offer you the job now." This is a line that he feeds everyone.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Marketing

Interview Details – They tell you it is a 3 step process but if they do not offer you the job during the first interview then you didn't get the job. They will sell you on the company and how much money you will make to make you feel really good (they are great sales people, what do you expect). They will then ask you about your experience but what they are really looking for is how hard working you are and how positive you are. Be very positive and energetic.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. You either accept or you don't. The pay structure is set.

Worked for Power Home Remodeling Group? Contribute to the Community!