Power Home Remodeling Group

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Different than what their online ad says. Read all the reviews from everyone who works there and have worked there. You work Saturday's and could work up to 12am during some weekdays. You sit and wait for a text or email for your next appointment that can be an hour away with the chance the customer isn't even home. Sales consultants are not allowed to contact the customer prior. You are expected to close the sale after the presentation.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult that I can remember   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Different than what they post. From what they show online to what they really expect of you. Hard sale, pressuring customers to sign right there after a lengthy 3 hour presentation.

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview Details – Go through a phone screen and then an interview. Very straightforward. Talked about my abilities and what i expect out of a job like this.

Interview Question – What do you wish to get out of this work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very much.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview Details – The interview seemed low key and had a ton of open ended questions. Questions such as where do you see yourself in 5 years...What motivates you? Yadda yadda yadda. Asked me to a 2nd interview.

Interview Question – What makes you any better than the other candidates I am going to interview today?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by 2 or more in office interviews.

Interview Question – Can you handle rejection in large amounts?   Answer Question

Marlborough, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very laid back place and everyone seemed friendly. met someone who just started work there and he was very happy. Overall the interview was simple, asked questions on motivation, background, and personal growth.

Interview Question – the most unexpected question was "what motivated me?". to be quite honest it wasn't the lack of an answer that went through my head, it was the abundance of answers that I could've given.   Answer Question

Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Upon applying for Power HRG they sent me an email letting me know that I wasn't a good fit for their company. After applying a second time and calling in they like my persistence and I got an interview.

Interview Question – They really took the time to get to know who I am during the interview. Didn't really ask questions off the resume, they basically did some small talk at the beginning of the interview with some questions regarding my job history, what I was doing now, etc. Then came the pitch for the job and what I would be doing. After the pitch they asked me if I could or could not do the job basically.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – I got an interview from going to my career fair at school. Once in the office, everyone was friendly but I had to wait 25 minutes for my interviewer because I guess he was late or something. It was very unprofessional as I had class later that day and wouldn't have rushed to be there on time. The interview process was pretty standard and the man was very nice.

Interview Question – How would you be able to deal with a lot of rejection over the phone?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cranford, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Expect a phone call from a "talent acquisition specialist" moments after you submit your resume. This can be misinterpreted as a good thing, as though the company really has its stuff together. The truth is they have an extraordinarily high turnover rate and are always hiring just about anyone who applies.

Your interview will be with the Regional Vice President of Marketing or Sales. Note: I interviewed with the RVP of Marketing even though I was looking to get into sales. Sharply dressed and very buddy-buddy, he will do his best to warm up to you immediately. Instead of a typical interview process that would consist of various questions about your resume and what you can do for the company, you may be asked at most one question about each. And then your interviewer will launch into a very scripted sounding rundown of the company, its top-performers, income potential, various statistics, the lifestyle, perks and so on. It's great bait but you'd do well not to take it. After each enticing point he will attempt to "tie you down" with a question like "doesn't that sound great?" Beware.

Interview Question – There wasn't a single difficult question, as there were, at most, two questions asked. "Doesn't this sound great?" "Would you take the job if I were to offer it to you?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too scripted. Too much smoke and mirrors.

Melville, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via online. Got a call from the headquarters in PA. Scheduled an in person interview which lasted about 40 minutes about how the company is thriving and what not. made to second interview, which essentially was a more extensive part of what the job entails. Immediately was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – how would you make this business flourish?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Went in for one interview where the VP of marketing pretty much tried to sell me the job saying "Doesn't that sound great", after everything he said. He basically went over my resume and asked me to explain some things without every really asking me any questions you would get in an interview. He offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Doesn't that sound great!?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commission only, crazy hours, they don't pay for your gas when your are going to be driving around everyday.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Power Home Remodeling Group

Worked for Power Home Remodeling Group? Contribute to the Community!

Power Home Remodeling Group Videos

Power Home Remodeling Group – Why Work for Us?

Live a Life of Purpose What’s life like at Power? Inspiring. Passionate. Fun. Challenging. Life at Power is about more than your job: it's about the people you meet, the differences you make and the relationships your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Power Home Remodeling Group Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Power Home Remodeling Group employees and interview candidates.