Power Home Remodeling Group Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Phila, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

the fist interview was just a phone call to setup the initial meeting. The first meeting was the manager asking me question, getting to know me and see if I was a good fit, apparently I was. The second meeting was finding out about the position I got to ask a lot of questions regarding the work, company, and culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I initially received a phone interview and I was offered a 1:1 interview. I was given a personality test prior to meeting with my interviewer. When he came in he already appeared distant or as if my interview was a burden. My interviewer spoke with little eye contact and his tone was dry and lacked emotion. He seemed uninterested in talking even as he was "promoting" the company and the position. It was almost as if he was just tired and ready to go home. The entire time I felt as if I had upset him based off of his body language and how he was slouched in the office chair. To top the experience off, at the end of the interview he stated that I "should" receive a call from my initial recruiter about setting up another interview. The only thing I received was an email a few days later stating that they decided to pursue another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about driving daily to meet with customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Greenbelt, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR rep followed by two in person interviews. Got a call to come in for a third in person interview when I likely would have been offered a position but I declined that third interview. First in person interview was mostly them giving you a general overview of the company, while second in person interview was them telling you more specifics about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a recruiter reach out to me - this was a guy working for the company at headquarters in PA, not a third party. Everyone was super nice and they definitely seem to like their job. My interviews were directly with the VP of sales and marketing. What a cool guy - very down to earth, and if you ask the right questions he'll be very straight forward with you. I had two interviews. The first was a character interview - nothing very hard, just trying to get to know you and see if you'd fit with their culture. The second interview was about the position - which was attractive if you are coming from a previous sales position. Note that the position is entirely commission, and if you'd had sales experience before, they definitely seem easier than most jobs I've had in the past.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work with sales scripts and make them your own?   1 Answer

I'm really looking to venture outside of sales - I may actually accept the position. Still deciding between a few offers.

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Rosemont, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online via Glassdoor, short phone interview with very easy get-to-know you questions, 2 follow up interviews, one with lots of questions the other just for basic company information. Company is very proud of their "culture" with family-run values, succeed together mentality.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Southfield, MI).

Interview

He is very slick and very good at what he does. But you are being sold and fooled. Once you are on the inside you can tell it's all fake and all a way to get you in. Again, no one stays here longer than 3 years.

Interview Questions

• They ask the basic questions but act like they are your friend.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Interview

Came in for an interview after a quick call from a recruiting rep. Met with director of the office for approx. 30 min. The interviewer seemed a bit uninterested in me and telling me about what the potential job would involve. He dodged some of my questions and instead went on to tell me about the company's perks (including a yearly trip) and seemed to purposefully try to correct some of the negative stigmas associated with the company you can find online. He didn't strike me as particularly genuine.

Interview Questions

• What type of sales experience do you have? How do you see yourself contributing to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Waltham, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted on the phone to set up an in person interview. Interview was pretty standard stuff. The interviewer was extremely disengaged though, friendly, and pleasant, but I thought he might fall asleep. Basically just recited a corporate script about their numbers and growth expectation. I was asked to come back for a secondary interview to discuss pay structure etc, but declined.

Interview Questions

Not interested in going back into sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Waltham, MA).

Interview

3-step process. Normal interview questions and considerations. First round was just general character assessment, position details, and questions about resume. Second round was more about atmosphere, exact job details, pay scale, etc. Overall experience was very good. Both interviews were 1 on 1. The process is easy going but completely professional. Everyone in the office looked like they were happy to be there. Office space was also very professional.

Interview Questions

• This job is not for everyone. Why do you want this job and why do you think you will be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group (Chester, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

An extremely friendly recruiter called and emailed me. We had a phone interview. It was conversational in tone. I was offered to interview both for an entry-level "marketing" position and an upper-level sales position. I came to the Chester, PA location, was given a brief personality test, and interviewed, locking-up a second interview within minutes of conversation, but of course, I dragged the interview on and it went on for approximately 45 minutes. I was told I was under-qualified for the senior sales position, which was understandable considering I graduated with my BBA this past May, but when I asked details about the "marketing" position, the interviewer simply said that would be elaborated on further in the second interview. The recruiter was aggressive about getting me in for a second interview and strongly hinted they would hire me and that I could start as soon as next week before I even had the second interview. Red flag: high employee turnover much? A recruiter, different from the original one called me the night before my second interview was to take place to confirm it. I said I would like to go to the interview only if the position I was interviewing for was NOT door-to-door sales as reading many reviews on here revealed. The recruiter said they would get in touch with the initial recruiter who reached out to me the morning before the interview and clarify and confirm once more. The recruiter never called. I attempted to call him that morning, and he never picked up. These recruiters are impossible to reach. Regardless, I arrived on time to the interview only to have the interviewer tell me I cancelled on them. I never cancelled. They cancelled on me without notice. I simply asked for clarification so I wouldn't waste my time going there, but I ended up going all the way back to Chester for the second interview anyway because the recruiters couldn't communicate or be honest. Clearly, there are communication issues and a lack of transparency considering they couldn't admit to me it was a door-to-door sales position even though I flat out asked them. The interviewer finally admitted to me that it was door-to-door sales when the second interview was supposed to take place. It felt like I was pulling teeth. We never had the second interview. Many of the reviews on Glassdoor must be written by recruiters or brainwashed employees. Door-to-door sales, long hours, and working every other Saturday is certainly not attractive, and qualified undergraduates with great grades and work experience can do MUCH better.

Interview Questions

• The initial interview was simple and straightforward. I'm sure the second interview would have been more intensive, but I highly doubt they would've asked any behavioral interview questions. It seemed like I had an offer after the initial interview.   Answer Question