Power Home Remodeling Group Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.4

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

3-step process. Normal interview questions and considerations. First round was just general character assessment, position details, and questions about resume. Second round was more about atmosphere, exact job details, pay scale, etc. Overall experience was very good. Both interviews were 1 on 1. The process is easy going but completely professional. Everyone in the office looked like they were happy to be there. Office space was also very professional.

Interview Questions
  • This job is not for everyone. Why do you want this job and why do you think you will be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2014.

An extremely friendly recruiter called and emailed me. We had a phone interview. It was conversational in tone. I was offered to interview both for an entry-level "marketing" position and an upper-level sales position. I came to the Chester, PA location, was given a brief personality test, and interviewed, locking-up a second interview within minutes of conversation, but of course, I dragged the interview on and it went on for approximately 45 minutes.

I was told I was under-qualified for the senior sales position, which was understandable considering I graduated with my BBA this past May, but when I asked details about the "marketing" position, the interviewer simply said that would be elaborated on further in the second interview.

The recruiter was aggressive about getting me in for a second interview and strongly hinted they would hire me and that I could start as soon as next week before I even had the second interview.

Red flag: high employee turnover much?

A recruiter, different from the original one called me the night before my second interview was to take place to confirm it. I said I would like to go to the interview only if the position I was interviewing for was NOT door-to-door sales as reading many reviews on here revealed. The recruiter said they would get in touch with the initial recruiter who reached out to me the morning before the interview and clarify and confirm once more.

The recruiter never called. I attempted to call him that morning, and he never picked up. These recruiters are impossible to reach. Regardless, I arrived on time to the interview only to have the interviewer tell me I cancelled on them. I never cancelled. They cancelled on me without notice.

I simply asked for clarification so I wouldn't waste my time going there, but I ended up going all the way back to Chester for the second interview anyway because the recruiters couldn't communicate or be honest. Clearly, there are communication issues and a lack of transparency considering they couldn't admit to me it was a door-to-door sales position even though I flat out asked them. The interviewer finally admitted to me that it was door-to-door sales when the second interview was supposed to take place.

It felt like I was pulling teeth. We never had the second interview.

Many of the reviews on Glassdoor must be written by recruiters or brainwashed employees. Door-to-door sales, long hours, and working every other Saturday is certainly not attractive, and qualified undergraduates with great grades and work experience can do MUCH better.

Interview Questions
    • The initial interview was simple and straightforward. I'm sure the second interview would have been more intensive, but I highly doubt they would've asked any behavioral interview questions. It seemed like I had an offer after the initial interview.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2014.

I found about the Job posting online and applied. i got a call from a recruiter the next day saying they were looking for recent college graduate with no sales experience. However when i went on the interview i could tell the interviewer did not show much interest due to the fact that i was a biology major.

Interview Questions
    • Interview only last about 10 min. Interview did not went through much detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in April 2014.

Called me and essentially gave me the job over the phone. Barely any interview, Should be able to get job as long as your living and breathing. Very wary because of high turnover

Interview Questions
    • They barely asked questions. They are recruiters and get percentage for new hires. Considering there is a high turnover they try to get new candidates like crazy.   Answer Question

High turnover and terrible hours.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

Go through a phone screen and then an interview. Very straightforward. Talked about my abilities and what i expect out of a job like this.

Not very much.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group.

The interview seemed low key and had a ton of open ended questions. Questions such as where do you see yourself in 5 years...What motivates you? Yadda yadda yadda. Asked me to a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you any better than the other candidates I am going to interview today?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in January 2014.

Different than what their online ad says. Read all the reviews from everyone who works there and have worked there. You work Saturday's and could work up to 12am during some weekdays. You sit and wait for a text or email for your next appointment that can be an hour away with the chance the customer isn't even home. Sales consultants are not allowed to contact the customer prior. You are expected to close the sale after the presentation.

Interview Questions

Different than what they post. From what they show online to what they really expect of you. Hard sale, pressuring customers to sign right there after a lengthy 3 hour presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in July 2013.

It was a very laid back place and everyone seemed friendly. met someone who just started work there and he was very happy. Overall the interview was simple, asked questions on motivation, background, and personal growth.

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question was "what motivated me?". to be quite honest it wasn't the lack of an answer that went through my head, it was the abundance of answers that I could've given.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in March 2013.

Phone interview followed by 2 or more in office interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

interviewed at Power Home Remodeling Group in February 2013.

I got an interview from going to my career fair at school. Once in the office, everyone was friendly but I had to wait 25 minutes for my interviewer because I guess he was late or something. It was very unprofessional as I had class later that day and wouldn't have rushed to be there on time. The interview process was pretty standard and the man was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • How would you be able to deal with a lot of rejection over the phone?   Answer Question