Power Integrations

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Power Integrations in September 2010.

Interview Details – 2-level interview: one with manager (less technical), one with colleagues with in-depth discussion about power supply topologies and design. Good engineers will find it relatively easy. When the questions became more challenging, it's important to get back to basics. In case you claim you've done something in the past, be prepared to provide evidence

Interview Question – try to convince me (as customer's purchasing dept representative) to buy your IC based on cost / benefit of your solution   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, offer was good enough and well presented

IP Engineer Interview

IP Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Power Integrations.

Interview Details – Lots of Interviews with different people. Will have to do writing sample. Will have to come for several rounds of interviewing. Very through.

Interview Question – I dont really know if there is an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiate hard. If they like you they will bend.

Product Marketing Interview

Product Marketing
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Power Integrations in April 2009.

Interview Details – Initial recruiter interview was ignored, but when I called back, I got an interview immediately. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, then in-person interviews with the whole team - other marketing managers and engineers, HR. I believe I talked to 5 people total for 45 minutes each.

The people definitely looked busy and overworked. It had a small-office feel. Work culture is common for the semi-conductor industry - get in at 8, leave at 6.

Typical questions include common industry problems, such as how to beat low-cost competitors out in Asia.
Other questions include RC circuits, LC circuits.
Another question was based on taking an AC input and converting it to a stable DC voltage. (Flyback)

Interview Questions

• Take an AC input of 120V; draw a circuit that converts it to 20V output.   View Answer
  • Draw an RC circuit. How much time does it take to charge to 90% of the input voltage when Vin is applied?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were cordial. Just remember - paid education is a myth, no matter what the HR person tells you.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Power Integrations in July 2010.

Interview Details – First step is the phone interview with HR Manager first for about 20 minutes. The second step is the phone screen with the group director. He go over my resume and discuss about some interesting project in details. THen he interoduce the position.

Interview Question – WHat is the reason of looking for a new opportunity?   Answer Question

Worked for Power Integrations? Contribute to the Community!