Power Integrations

www.powerint.com

Power Integrations Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Power Integrations

IP Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Integrations.

Lots of Interviews with different people. Will have to do writing sample. Will have to come for several rounds of interviewing. Very through.

Interview Questions
    • I dont really know if there is an unexpected question.   Answer Question
    negotiate hard. If they like you they will bend.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Power Integrations in September 2010.

2-level interview: one with manager (less technical), one with colleagues with in-depth discussion about power supply topologies and design. Good engineers will find it relatively easy. When the questions became more challenging, it's important to get back to basics. In case you claim you've done something in the past, be prepared to provide evidence

Interview Questions
    • try to convince me (as customer's purchasing dept representative) to buy your IC based on cost / benefit of your solution   Answer Question
    No negotiations, offer was good enough and well presented

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Power Integrations in April 2009.

Initial recruiter interview was ignored, but when I called back, I got an interview immediately. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, then in-person interviews with the whole team - other marketing managers and engineers, HR. I believe I talked to 5 people total for 45 minutes each.

The people definitely looked busy and overworked. It had a small-office feel. Work culture is common for the semi-conductor industry - get in at 8, leave at 6.

Typical questions include common industry problems, such as how to beat low-cost competitors out in Asia.
    Other questions include RC circuits, LC circuits.
    Another question was based on taking an AC input and converting it to a stable DC voltage. (Flyback)

Interview Questions
    • Take an AC input of 120V; draw a circuit that converts it to 20V output.   View Answer
    • Draw an RC circuit. How much time does it take to charge to 90% of the input voltage when Vin is applied?   Answer Question
    Negotiations were cordial. Just remember - paid education is a myth, no matter what the HR person tells you.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Power Integrations in July 2010.

First step is the phone interview with HR Manager first for about 20 minutes. The second step is the phone screen with the group director. He go over my resume and discuss about some interesting project in details. THen he interoduce the position.