Power-One

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Power-One.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview which basically concluded with basic information and achievements and education related questionnaire.

Then I had to go to the site interview which took about 40 minutes. They asked me questions based on everything I had on my Resume. No personality or behavioral questions were asked.

Management Interview

Management
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Power-One in September 2013.

Interview Details – The process was typical a panel of interviewers. Everyone was professional except the GM.

Interview Question – When I asked the GM what his strategy was he said only money. How pathetic. Yes you have to make money, but when you employ a large number of employees you have to balance. Keep in mind this was an interview. They were interviewing me for a match and I was interviewing them. I would never work for someone that this was the ONLY strategy. Anyone competent that has choices - also would not work for someone like this. Which explains why he has had such trouble filling this position. The GM was just a short, egotistical who took about 20 minutes to talk with me and then I guess decided that I wasnt worth another 5 minutes and was out the door. Rest of the interview team was professional and courteous.   View Answer

Team Leader and Manager Interview

Team Leader and Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Power-One in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for opening on company website. Phone screened with a recruiter and then came onsite for face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? I was also asked if I knew the other candidates that were being interviewed for the same job...that was VERY bizarre. It was awkward as I did know one of them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Power-One in June 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring was easy, just because the staffing here is solid.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Nothing I havent heard before. Im a recruiter.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Vice President Global Lean Sigma Interview

Vice President Global Lean Sigma
Camarillo, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Power-One in June 2012.

Interview Details – I first had several call from the HR department. The second call indicated that they were reviewing 5 people to consider going forward. The next call was from a VP to ask various technical questions and the HR Manager said I was now rated as number 1 in the process and they would need one week due to their busy schedule. After 3 weeks I never got any response. It appears my age may have been a factor.

Interview Question – What can be accomplished and what should the expections be for a Lean Six Sigma program?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Director Interview

Director
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Power-One in August 2011.

Interview Details – Poorly coordinated from the first contact. No one seemed in charge. It took four people on the Power One side to even make the travel arrangements - this in a company with just $1B in gross sales. After all the hype, arrived on time to discover that no one knew three of the key people listed to meet with (alleged senior executives) were either in aanother State, or, were sick.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The VP appears to be a micro-manager, and, evasive. All but one of the people I met with was unprepared or unwilling to answer direct questions about the position. It was alleged this was a "startup" plant operation - despite the $1B parent's revenue...and it showed. Manufacturing process completely out of control with a 30,000 PPM defect rate and a 65% customer return rate. NO quality staff in place. Visit to shop floor showed no sense of organization...many people standing around doing nothing, or, informed they were on their "break". No indicated bonus structure at the Director level, but a representation of 60+ hour weeks.

I have stated the interviews were "difficult" because of the gross lack of organization and miscues throughout the day. Just before I exited, I informed the HR representative that I was completely unsatisfied with the process and would not accept an offer - even if presented.

An extrmely negative process from beginning to end.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Power-One.

Interview Details – Phone interview - standard questions
Physical inteview - standard questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress & working alot of overtime?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they told you how much they will pay - take it or leave it. Then when in the door they undercut you & tell you to leave if you do not like it.

Director Operations Interview

Director Operations
Z├╝rich (Switzerland)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Power-One in May 2010.

Interview Details – just a short chat, I was not the preferred candidate for this position.

Interview Question – why should I be the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Worked for Power-One? Contribute to the Community!