PowerPlan Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.5

Consultant Interview

Interview

Asked to walk through resume several times. Know your resume, and have a few stories to tell to show you're character/work ethic/whatever you want the recruiter to know about you. Two rounds, three interviews: one round over the phone, the second consisting of two interviews. One was with a couple of younger employees, the other with a more senior level title.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story which exemplifies you're technical ability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process for college/university recruiting included a pre-interview social, one on-campus interview, and an on-site interview. They have a high GPA requirement (3.5 GPA) which they follow fairly strictly.

During the on-site interview, they fed all the candidates lunch and allowed us to interact with the current employees to get a feel for the company culture. The questions were mostly behavioral in nature and not anything out of the norm. All the people I had the opportunity to interact with throughout the interview process were smart and friendly people.

Interview Questions

Interview

Talk to a recruiter at college career fair and few days later got an email asking for a phone interview with one manager. The interview asked me about my SAS certifications and one SQL question. Some basic question about your resume, such as projects I did. The interviewer was not very enthusiastic.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PowerPlan in December 2014.

Interview

I am an engineer, and this was for an entry level consultant position. The job listing (all 4 pages of it) did not mention a minimum GPA requirement anywhere. I found out in a callback that there was a 3.5 minimum requirement. I was rejected for not meeting this requirement, which I can understand (although I wish this was mentioned on the job listing so I could have saved my time).

The part that was unusual and frustrating is that after being rejected, I was asked to point the HR rep in the direction of any friends that would be qualified candidates. I first answered that my program was competitive and most friends were under the 3.5. This answer wasn't enough for the representative, and she was willing to make exceptions for those close to 3.5. I answered that my friends with such strong GPAs just stayed in the industry for which they went to school.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to help the company seek out candidates more qualified than myself was definitely both difficult and unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I got an email from HR a few days after meeting PowerPlan at a university career fair to set up a phone screen a week later. It was just a simple chat with an employee with typical phone screen questions. A week after the phone screen, I got an email requesting an on-site interview in a week.

I got to their office and there were 2 other interviewees. I ate lunch provided by PowerPlan and chatted with them and some employees. After that, the CFO talked to us for about 15 minutes detailing how well the company was doing and how bright the future looked for them and the three of us asked him a few questions. Next was a 45-minute panel interview with two people (HR and a project manager) which mostly consisted of typical behavioral questions. Then there was a 45-minute one-on-one interview with who I believed was a hiring manager. This was more behavioral stuff with some "describe your favorite project" conversations as well.

I received an offer in less than a week and they gave me ~3 weeks to decide, which they delayed by a week when I asked for an extension.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was exceptionally difficult or novel. Everything was fair and everyone was friendly. Go in knowing your resume and what's on it and know how to respond to behavioral questions.   Answer Question

I liked PowerPlan and their offer a lot but accepted another position that was more appealing to me personally.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Their first step is a phone interview and after that they may invite you to interview at their Atlanta office. At their office there is a 1-on-1 and a panel interview, both of mostly behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to a reception that was held in my University town and hit it off with the employees; got called to their Atlanta headquarters for an on site interview; The day consisted of lunch, a one on one interview, and an interview with two people. I think I did well on the first interview but on the second I think It was my G.P.A (which was below a 3.0) that tanked my chances. They asked a lot of question about solving programming problems, programming challenges, and programming experience.Also some typical questions like "What is your biggest weakness?" and "What do you think you can bring?"

Interview Questions

• How would you go about completing a quality software program if you had a hard deadline and you knew you couldn't get everything that the client wanted done?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Performed a phone screen with a director in the consulting services division. He asked the traditional HR questions probing into my background and experience. This went quite well, so I was invited out to the corporate office to do 3 more interviews - 1 with a former senior consultant, 1 with a support analyst, and a third with an engagement manager. Two of these three went quite well, and we bonded quite well.

Interview Questions

competing offer from another firm.

Application

Interview

1st round through careerfair. Got the second round. It was very simple and purely behavioral questions from two different people.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PowerPlan (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

They recruited on-campus, and had on-campus interviews. The on-campus interview was really easy and just asked about things on your resume. It was more like a conversation which was nice. The second and final round interview is in Atlanta. They bring you around to 3 different people. 2 of them asked more behavior type questions, 1 asked more in depth questions about technical skills done in previous jobs/internships. 1 Senior manager who interviewed me was totally uninterested in what was going on, had barely any questions to ask me, she decided to ask me about sports and stuff. It was sadly a waste of my time and I'm sure the recruiter didn't get any good information out of that interview. The other 2 interviews went well.

Interview Questions

I had an offer at a bigger firm.