Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Powercor AustraliaMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Powercor Australia.
Applied for apprenticeship, selected for aptitude testing, progressed to interview, the finally a medical. Interview was 3 on 1 panel in a formal setting, then afterwards a workshop practical, less formal.
- When was a time you used your initiative? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Powercor Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2014.
Interview with HR and 2 Managers. Relaxed and good interviewing techniques at offices in Burnley. Sat behind a table and i sat in front. Questions initially about myself and what did I know about Powercor & CitiPower. Asked me why I wanted that job and what Salary I expected. Then began behavioural based questions about my experiences and how I handled those situations.
- Behavioural based questions. Tell me about a time when your projects needed excellent customer management. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powercor Australia.
Applied through the general vacation work portal. Had a phone interview about a week later. General questions were asked here such as; what do you know about the company, what are some of the extra-curricular activities you are involved in, why should we hire you, etc. Got through the phone interview and had a face-to-face interview the next week. Their main building is in the Melbourne CBD, just a 5 minute tram ride form Flinders St Station. Couldn't see much of the office culture as my meeting room was on the ground floor separated from everything. Had two interviewers, one was a HR manager (who asked the general recruiting questions) and the other an Engineer in the company (who asked a few easy technical questions like "what comprises a power system").
- Unexpected question was a scenario question. They gave a scenario regarding the construction of a new building. Question was, "Please tell us the steps required to go ahead with the construction from an engineering point of view". 1 Answer