Powercor Australia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Powercor Australia

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Powercor Australia.

Interview

Applied for apprenticeship, selected for aptitude testing, progressed to interview, the finally a medical. Interview was 3 on 1 panel in a formal setting, then afterwards a workshop practical, less formal.

Project Manager Customer Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Powercor Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview with HR and 2 Managers. Relaxed and good interviewing techniques at offices in Burnley. Sat behind a table and i sat in front. Questions initially about myself and what did I know about Powercor & CitiPower. Asked me why I wanted that job and what Salary I expected. Then began behavioural based questions about my experiences and how I handled those situations.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural based questions. Tell me about a time when your projects needed excellent customer management.   Answer Question

Vacationer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Powercor Australia.

Interview

Applied through the general vacation work portal. Had a phone interview about a week later. General questions were asked here such as; what do you know about the company, what are some of the extra-curricular activities you are involved in, why should we hire you, etc. Got through the phone interview and had a face-to-face interview the next week. Their main building is in the Melbourne CBD, just a 5 minute tram ride form Flinders St Station. Couldn't see much of the office culture as my meeting room was on the ground floor separated from everything. Had two interviewers, one was a HR manager (who asked the general recruiting questions) and the other an Engineer in the company (who asked a few easy technical questions like "what comprises a power system").

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was a scenario question. They gave a scenario regarding the construction of a new building. Question was, "Please tell us the steps required to go ahead with the construction from an engineering point of view".   1 Answer