Powerwave Technologies

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer-I Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Powerwave Technologies.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews. It was all about Digital Design and DSP.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions. We were given certain specifications and were asked to arrive at an appropriate design.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Powerwave Technologies.

Interview Details – Got an inside network for an open position info just created. The company needed someone to setup processes of a new factory quickly, so the interview was just like get-to-know the team meeting and no difficult question.

Interview Question – Kept being asked how to deal with difficult people. It turned out later that the previous engineer who left because the new factory was lead by such person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position offered was not correct neither the salary. Obvious mistakes were made by HR.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Powerwave Technologies.

Interview Details – First you will be interviewed over phone. Next will be face to face.
you need to take a programming test and face to face interview.
if you are ok with the above process HR will contact to you.

Interview Question – Explain the test setup for testing any multiport RF DUT.
What will happen to the shift register value when you connect zero to the loop count of a for loop(this is regarding labview programming)
  Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Powerwave Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – I have applied through online. I have received phone call for direct interview at office in Hyderabad.
Interview process consists total 3 rounds. First round with team members, second round with manager and final round with director.
First round concentrated on project which have executed in my previous company and related basic. Second round mainly on testing of mathematical foundation in the communication & DSP subjects.
Final round mainly on system level understanding of communication & DSP systems and testing of attitude & confidence etc.

Interview Question – 1. Details about WiMAX Frame structure
2. Fixed point design techniques given communication block
3. Digital design basics
4. Verilog skills
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It went of fine. accepted the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Powerwave Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – 4 rounds
1-written test
2-technical interview
3-technical interview
4-HR

Interview Question – How CRC error check works   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Powerwave Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Powerwave Technologies interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Powerwave Technologies employees and interview candidates.