Practice Fusion

Practice Fusion Account Manager Interview Questions

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion.

Applied online, heard back probably 10-14 days later. Conducted a brief phone interview, which was very easy and then was called in for an interview. The recruiter at the interview was very cordial, informative, made me feel at ease. The Customer Success Manager was alright - did not impress me. The questions were very straightforward and easy. I smashed this interview and was quickly called back for a 2nd in-person interview. This went absolutely horribly. Again, killed the interview with the recruiter, but my next conversation with the "Implementation Manager" was a disaster. The young man was rigid, cocky, egotistical, and did not review my resume whatsoever before the conversation. He did not foster an interview environment where I could answer my questions succinctly and clearly. Don't be fooled: this is a sales job and they will fish or cut bait with the sales interview. Someone flew the Anola Gaye into my interview, because I completely bombed with this guy. It's okay though, I can't imagine who would ever want to work with such a prickly and glib melvin.

Interview Questions
  • Convince me why I should get an iPhone instead of an Android   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Practice Fusion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in February 2013.

The recruiter called me two weeks after submitting an online application. They told me a little bit about the company, went over my resume, and then invited me in for an on-site interview.

Like some of the other reviewers have commented the person interviewing me seemed generally uninterested. They hadn't read my resume and forced me to guide the conversation. All things considered I thought it went pretty well. Ultimately, I didn't get the job because I didn't have enough sales experience. How do you 'sell' a free product??

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Practice Fusion in January 2013.

Apllied online soon early Jan. Got a call back the same day that I applied and spoke with a recruiter. Call was a basic screening call and basically just reviewed my resume and discussed the possition with him for about 20-30 min. He then invited me into the office to meet with him and the head of client services.

Went to the office (which is very nice) and met with him. Continued to discuss the position before meeting with the head of client services. No hard questions or anything like that. The head of client services was late so I had to wait in a conference room for 15-20 min while she got out of her "meeting". She then arived and had yet to even see my resume so I had to guide the whole conversation. All in all it was very unprofessional and at the end of the day I realized I wouldnt want her as a boss anyways.

The account manager role is a sales role. Unlike most companies that have a sales staff AND a support staff with account managers Practice fusion only has AM's to do the "selling". So if you are looking for a real Account manager role and to get account manager experience this probably isnt for you

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, more personality and "cultural fit" type questions than anything else   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in December 2012.

I was referred to the company by an employee. After several online submissions, I finally received a call back. The recruiter sounded enthusiastic and excited to speak with me, but then proceeded to explain that they have a certain "type" of personality type at Practice Fusion and basically said I was not trendy enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in June 2012.

Started off with a phone call from the recruiter and a phone interview. This lead to a more in-depth Skype video chat interview more about the company and role, really making sure I did my homework. After that I was asked to come in and interview in person. I met with the Recruiter and a person from the department I would be working with.

As many people before they are really looking for a certain type of out going person. They want you to really be high energy and really be personable. I felt pretty confident that I nailed the interview, in fact I thought I blasted it out of the park, but I got a call 2 weeks after my interview saying they will not be going forward.

The interview questions were more personal questions to get to know me and the type of person I am. Nothing really involving the "Give me a situation where...." kind of stuff. It's really just an interview to eye ball you and see if you can fit in or not.

The workplace looks really great, and they have an open layout with lots of young people around. But they have a huge revolving door of people they are interviewing, and I would venture to say that they interview at least 10 people a day. Also, even though it is considered a "Start-Up" the company is quite large and growing quickly, which means the perks of working at a small start up (EQUITY!) is not there. Although I have no doubt Practice Fusion is an amazing place to work with very sharp people, I'm not too sure it really stands out from dozens upon dozens of other "fresh, hip, open, young" Start-ups in the Bay Area.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm a guy that would rather be paid less and be part of something that is small and get paid handsomely in the future, than a company that has essentially already made it and get paid a bit over average with little large money potential with the added in "Start-Up" perks.

Interview Questions
    • "How would your friends/family describe you if I took them out to dinner and asked about you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Practice Fusion in March 2012.

About five weeks after applying I was contacted by a recruiter. After two initial phone screening / interviews came in for a 1:1 interview. First met with the recruiter who was very professional and organized. The next person was a senior manager in customer engagement who arrived after about 15 min after the recruiter left. The manager didn't seem to have any questions prepared- the interview didn't have much structure or organization unfortunately.

A big part of what they're looking for is a cultural fit to their start-up environment which looks like a great place to work. If you're not the outwardly bubbly personality type, it may work against you as I got the sense that they're hiring more on whether the interviewer likes you, not necessarily your skills. Be prepared for non-recruiter types to not be the best interviewers. The recruiter followed up the following day with a polite response that things wouldn't be moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in February 2012.

Had 2 phone screens before being invited to the in person interview with the Senior Sales Manager and same Recruiter who did the initial phone screen.

Prepare to be blown away by their office- super awesome, looks like a fun and cool place to work. Most unique looking workplace I've ever seen. Busy environment, cool lighting, tons of snacks and lunch catering. Lots and lots of young, hip, attractive people so I definitely got a sense that cultural fit was very tightly screened here. Although I figured that wouldn't too much of a problem as I am young, hip, and decent looking, ha!

Recruiter was very professional and asked me some questions about my skills, experience, and gave me a good sense of the company's vision and what they were looking for in the position. We connected well and I was feeling really great about the job.

I would agree with the previous poster, the next interviewer, the Manager, came in a while after the Recruiter, didn't seem too prepared. Although I was charming, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and relayed several times how hard I would work for the company and the extra hours I'd put forth towards the career path, I knew by reading body language that it would be a No from her. I think this was based on whatever she saw from my personality and did not like. A polite call from the interview later the week confirmed I was "not a good cultural fit". The company from what I gathered seems to be very picky and definitely does judge on personality over qualifications, skills, and motivations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in November 2011.

Initial phone interview was with someone in HR and was more of a discussion of the role. At the end of the conversation I was told I should come in for an interview. It took another week to set something up and then another week after that to confirm a date and time.

The actual interview was very short and I was left with the impression that they weren't really interested in me. First interview was with someone in HR and then another person from the Account Management team. Neither really asked about my past skills or for examples of when I had encountered specific situations and how I resolved them. I was told that I would be contacted by the end of the week for the next steps in the process and was never followed up with. I understand the company is in growth mode and is most likely interviewing a lot of candidates, but one would think they'd have the common courtesy to at least get back to a candidate with a yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Practice Fusion in September 2011.

I would say that interview process was easy and straightforward. Standard interview questions but was intrigued as what are they looking for in this position. I would suggest being very enthusiastic and direct as it is an inside sales position masked under the title Account Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Practice Fusion in May 2011.

They contacted me for a phone interview and then brought me in for an on-site interview where I met with HR, the Sales Manager, and Business Development Head. They were extremely nice and talked to me to envision working for the company. The office had a great San Francisco start-up vibe, but I was a little misled into thinking I had already gotten the position and then they contacted me extremely late to let me know that I didn't get the position.