Practice Fusion

Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Practice Fusion.

Received an invitation from the Senior Recruiter to participate in a SparkHire video one-way interview which you have four days to complete. I prepared by watching the tutorial and following SparkHire's great many interview tips, which were sent in 11 separate emails.

To be honest, I knew the kinds of questions they would ask, but I wasn't expecting to get as nervous as I did with the one way video interview format.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult, and you get three takes if you happen to mess up.

There were five questions:

1.) Tell me about your current role
      2.) Pitch your company in 30 seconds
      3.) Why are you looking for a new job?
      4.) What do you know about Practice Fusion
      5.) What can you bring to the team?

View Answer

Didn't enjoy the SparkHire video interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in November 2014.

Received an email soon after applying from the recruiter and had initial phone screen within 24 hours. I had an initial tech screen a few days later with the hiring manager working within my schedule. The tech screen was a coding interview performed online, primarily the questions were algorithm designs in C#. Had in-person interviews about 1 week later which was also based on my availability. The interviews were a mix of 1:1 and 2:1. I felt very welcome and had all my questions answered by each interviewer and others on-site.

The interviewers were very professional and did asked extensive questions on culture and personality. They also asked a number of technical questions on implementation of designs and best practices.

I enjoyed a free lunch with the rest of the employees as part of their daily free meals. Each person I spoke with was very passionate about delivering better health and helping save lives with their products.

I had follow-up call with initial offer was a few days after my last interview. The official offer was right on-time and within the timeframe provided by recruiting. The overall process went very smoothly and the recruiting team did a great job working around holidays and within my availability.

Interview Questions
    • Design a process to pull data out of 3 separate systems (that I am not familiar with) and define what APIs you would need from these systems to accomplish the goal.   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion.

Recruiter was extremely knowledgeable about not only the position I was applying for, but the people and culture of the team and the product and company. He was really helpful in navigating me through the process and was very efficient. Initial phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager, 2 day interview in the office, then a follow up with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    The offer, including equity was attractive.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Practice Fusion in April 2014.

I applied directly to their website at 5:30 pm on a Tuesday, and received a call 8 minutes later from their HR. 2 days later I had a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter and was asked to come in a week later for a in person interview which would mean meeting with 5 people.

I was told if i made it through the 5 people aka 2 hours and 30 minutes, it would be safe to say I had the job. The first 30 minutes was with the recruiter I spoke with on the phone then the next 30 minute was with one lady who was a Manager on the Implementation team and the next 2 were both part of the Sales and Implementation team.

The pair were tricky cause I realized afterwards that the girl with the laptop was chatting with the recruiter upstairs to see if I go onto the next parts of the interview. I thought I pretty much nailed each question and was interactive until the 2 left and the recruiter came and told me that apparently I didn't seem to into the role or into the company so we would be ending the interview process here.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult, they basically want someone who is hyper, "passionate", and super clingy about working there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Practice Fusion in March 2014.

H.R. was extremely communicative and responsive. The people I met at the place all seemed very likable. I thought I did okay during the interview but was not offered a position. I guess kudos to them for keeping their bar high. I did not feel that any part of the process nor any of the questions were at all unreasonable. In fact, I thought some of their main people were actually very good interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was data structures and algorithms-centric. I did not feel that the question was unreasonably difficult.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in March 2014.

Phone interview then in-person interview with five people from the sales team. Very efficient hiring process and thorough interview. If you pass both rounds of interview you will also have a phone call with the CEO as the final step.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in January 2014.

There wasn't much communication before being asked to come in for an on-site interview. They seem to be trying to build up a Seattle team quickly, and want to get people in when employees from San Francisco are available. Everyone I met from the Seattle office said that their background was Microsoft. This was very much a Microsoft interview where they throw out some ridiculous problem that does not in any way apply to the position, and ask you to solve it to "see what your thought process is". This was a web development position, but I did not get asked any web development questions. The way they are building this team, it's not a place for anyone who isn't into the Microsoft way.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you so awesome? Ok, they didn't ask that, but I knew they were thinking it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion.

Applied online, heard back probably 10-14 days later. Conducted a brief phone interview, which was very easy and then was called in for an interview. The recruiter at the interview was very cordial, informative, made me feel at ease. The Customer Success Manager was alright - did not impress me. The questions were very straightforward and easy. I smashed this interview and was quickly called back for a 2nd in-person interview. This went absolutely horribly. Again, killed the interview with the recruiter, but my next conversation with the "Implementation Manager" was a disaster. The young man was rigid, cocky, egotistical, and did not review my resume whatsoever before the conversation. He did not foster an interview environment where I could answer my questions succinctly and clearly. Don't be fooled: this is a sales job and they will fish or cut bait with the sales interview. Someone flew the Anola Gaye into my interview, because I completely bombed with this guy. It's okay though, I can't imagine who would ever want to work with such a prickly and glib melvin.

Interview Questions
    • Convince me why I should get an iPhone instead of an Android   View Answer

Senior Data Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in December 2013.

The process was friendly, smooth and fast, beginning with a phone interview with the recruiter, progressing to a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then to individual interviews onsite with the recruiter, hiring manager, director and a peer. Following that were additional phone interviews with the CTO and CEO (very brief). They're doing some cool stuff, and I'm excited to get started!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all straightforward and pertinent. A lot of the time was spent informing me about the role and the company.   Answer Question

Customer Success Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Practice Fusion in December 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with a Senior Manager, but I had to reschedule because of an emergency meeting. Was then rescheduled to speak with a Manager, who initially missed our call time so I had to reschedule again. After finally speaking with that Manager, I was invited to an onsite interview, where I spoke with the same Manager and Senior Manager.