Prada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.6

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prada (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone call from a recruiter about the position. Waited a very long time to hear back after they sent my resume out. Got confirmed for interview. It went well but then never heard back even after I sent a thank you email the following day. A week later I was told they had actually filled the position on the same day of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you switching careers?   1 Answer

FT Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prada.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview in which we then decided to meet in person. The manager met me (late) at the meeting spot. She just asked general questions about what I currently do and what I knew about Prada. She then proceeded to ask me who were some great employees at my current employer-so she could scope them out on LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

• Answered questions about my current job such as what were our dollar amount plans for the month, personal sales goals, getting into specifics that she knew were wrong to ask. UNPROFESSIONAL.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prada (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied as a temporary sales associate during the holiday season. Met with two managers of the Costa Mesa store, both were very friendly. The interview last around 30 minutes and felt more like a conversation than interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Prada (New York, NY).

Interview

Very rigid interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prada (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Wasn't intense, very welcoming environment. The interview didn't last too long but the questions were very basic. Felt overall comfortable with the process. The HR team I interviewed with is no longer there.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the obstacles you faced at your previous job?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Prada (Vienna (Austria)).

Interview

I applied online (with my cover letter and CV) and I got a confirmation email the next day that they received my application, followed by an interview invitation in 10 days. My interviewer was very friendly and professional, we were talking for almost an hour which seemed like 10 minutes, the atmosphere was very pleasant. I was asked about my former jobs and studies, then we were talking about the fashion industry, the label, the company and the role. I was offered a contract in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Fashion related ones, such as: How would you describe the house style of the label? CRM-related ones, e.g. How would you handle a difficult customer (in a given situation)?   Answer Question

Seller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prada (Paris (France)).

Interview

Many interviews, first with HR, then Flagship Deputy and then flagship director. The first interview went though my basic experiences, my motivation for the company and where I want to go with them. The other interviews were pretty standard sales positions interviews, largely focused on my previous KPIs etc

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central District (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Prada (Central District (Hong Kong)) in February 2015.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews and an excel assessment for this part time intern position. First round was an interview with a HR manager. Typical Qs: why Prada, why this industry (because it's not related to my university major), explain your employment history, what do you think of the job and the working environment, etc. Nothing special. Second round was an interview with line managers (supposed to be three people, but two of them were not free so I ended up with an one-on-one interview. Again, pretty typical Qs. The manager explained the job duties again and check with expectations. After the second interview, I stayed to complete a 30-min excel assessment, which was mainly about pivot table/ chart skills, familiarity of excel functions. Overall friendly and smooth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary rate is a bit low compared to other companies. They said it's the standard intern rate for them...not quite able to negotiate on this.

Sales Assistant Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Prada (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I went into one of the boutiques and handed in my cv! Within a week received a called from someone from HR who said come in for a interview to head office. Went along to interview and seen someone in the waiting area who was there for thee interview also. Spoke to her briefly but she didn't want to say much, as I told her I'm here for interview also. she told me she was waiting to be interviewed for 2nd stage as she just had an interview with the 1st person so straight away I realised there would be different stages there and then. The HR person called me in. I had the impression already that they knew what they were looking for. He asked me questions about my previous role, why I had left that role, why prada, when I think of prada what do I think, what's the difference between prada collection and mui mum collection? Etc! I answered the questions to the best of my ability but I guess it was not good enough, he replied to me saying that he would get back to me within two weeks to tell me for a 2nd stage! But for me I knew straight away I was not successful because the girl in the waiting area already told me that all the stages would be today! But clearly they guy was having me on which I thought was unfair and misleading. I left the building abit angry and knew I wasn't going to get the role I cried all the way to the train station. A few weeks gone by and I received the "unfortunately you were unsuccessful at this time..." Bla bla bla it upset me because he wasn't being truthfully with me in the 1st place.

Interview Questions

• Why prada? Customer service questions? What's the difference between prada and mui mui collection? What would you do with difficult customer A lot of questions   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prada (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was headhunted through Linkedin. Asked if I was interested in working for Prada, submitted a current CV, was invited to an initial interview at Head Office with the recruiter and manager was successful then invited for a 2nd round practical interview at a store. Then never heard back from them. An overall positive experience which was made extremely negative. When I had made my way for the 2nd round, I was given a call just as I reached the store to say that they had to rearrange for the following day. Which was already frustrating when you are working and having to book days off. The practical felt very pointless as the recruiter and the manager did not look interested throughout the whole interview from start to finish, despite a positive first round. I had my interview with another candidate and this was to "save time". We had to merchandise a wall, select an outfit for a typical Prada male then select 3 classic Prada pieces that every woman should have. I felt that this was already a losing battle as they seemed to be talk to the other candidate more and it was very intimidating as this was done prior to the opening and the shop staff were all standing on the side watching. I never heard back from them and I e-mailed the recruiter 3 weeks later asking for feedback as I assumed the role was filled and I received a blanket message "we felt all the other candidates was stronger". A few months later I was informed that the role was given internally. Which made the whole recruitment process effectively a waste of time.