Pragmatics Interview Questions

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pragmatics.

laid back interview process. Technical questions about the resume.

Interview Questions
    They offered me what I had asked for.

Senior Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pragmatics.

They were looking for one type of position but posted for a different position and were surprised that I did not fit into the revised position. The groups I interviewed with were very knowledgable and seemed to be great people - wish I would have fit what they were looking for - rahter than than only the posted position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a ceratin difficult data situation   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pragmatics.

Hiring and interview process were good. However, they promised things that were never, ever delivered

Interview Questions
    a little harsh and un-bendable

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pragmatics in April 2012.

I was referred to Pragmatics. I interviewed with the Director of Recruiting and Director of HR first. I interviewed with 3 other Recruiters on the team who were very informative and answered all my questions. My first impression was that I could see myself working with everyone I met.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I had during the interview helped me understand what they were looking for in a recruiter. I got the impression that being a team player, being able to manage your time, managers and requisitions and adding a little creativity and fun were important areas to bring to the table.   Answer Question
    I was offered the position in 3 days. I wanted to think about it first since I was not really looking to make a move at the time. But, I'm glad my previous Team Lead highly recommended me to interview for this new opportunity.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pragmatics in April 2010.

Very slow during the interview process.

Wasn't much of a negotiation. They gave me a relatively good salary for a college graduate, and it was my only offer at the time, so I decided to take it.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pragmatics in January 2010.

There was a phone interview with their recruiter, who really didnt have the courtesy or specifications around the position, every question was answered with a question. I believe she was a lead (C.G) and expected me to provide her the requirements around the position for the company.

What made it worse was - she was playing a cat and mouse game, she didn't have a salary range or a band. So, really I didn't know what level the position was targeted at, or what pay scale they were in.

Typically, when a company creates a requisition for an opening in their staff, they have a title, salary range, and experience level identified. The recruiter told me they didn't have this, so why even post a req, so to eliminate the confusion I called in.

So after a few emails I called in... she was crude, a little abrasive and short. Immediately, I knew this was not a place I wanted to work!!!

That was it - thank you, click!

Interview Questions

I didn't like the what the recruiter represented or how she handled new talent. I knew it was not a place, so I called around and got some reviews of company as well. Glad I opted out, and didn't pursue this!

BD Support Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pragmatics in October 2010.

This job opportunity was refered to me by my network and the pace was fast. From initial submittal of resume to offer, it was about 3 weeks. This is a medium size company going to thru some growth pains.
    I interviewed with a couple of VPs they were both witty, quick, sincere, and very level headed. No big egos to contend or sooth.
    Expected work load was very well structured and balanced, with plenty of room to improve current methodology.
    Salary and other options were very enticing with the exception of the vesting period (6 years). Negotiations on this items are very limited.

Interview Questions
    My advice would be not to get stuck on one thing. I they are not willing to negotiate on, for example, salary, try to negotiate on PTO. Overall, they will not budge on many items, but the compensation package is very good to begin with.