Pragmatics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pragmatics.

Interview Details – laid back interview process. Technical questions about the resume.

Interview Question – Nothing that I did not expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me what I had asked for.

Senior Data Architect Interview

Senior Data Architect
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pragmatics.

Interview Details – They were looking for one type of position but posted for a different position and were surprised that I did not fit into the revised position. The groups I interviewed with were very knowledgable and seemed to be great people - wish I would have fit what they were looking for - rahter than than only the posted position.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a ceratin difficult data situation   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Reston, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pragmatics in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to Pragmatics. I interviewed with the Director of Recruiting and Director of HR first. I interviewed with 3 other Recruiters on the team who were very informative and answered all my questions. My first impression was that I could see myself working with everyone I met.

Interview Question – The questions I had during the interview helped me understand what they were looking for in a recruiter. I got the impression that being a team player, being able to manage your time, managers and requisitions and adding a little creativity and fun were important areas to bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position in 3 days. I wanted to think about it first since I was not really looking to make a move at the time. But, I'm glad my previous Team Lead highly recommended me to interview for this new opportunity.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pragmatics.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process were good. However, they promised things that were never, ever delivered

Interview Question – non really asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – a little harsh and un-bendable

Consulting Interview

Consulting
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pragmatics in January 2010.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview with their recruiter, who really didnt have the courtesy or specifications around the position, every question was answered with a question. I believe she was a lead (C.G) and expected me to provide her the requirements around the position for the company.

What made it worse was - she was playing a cat and mouse game, she didn't have a salary range or a band. So, really I didn't know what level the position was targeted at, or what pay scale they were in.

Typically, when a company creates a requisition for an opening in their staff, they have a title, salary range, and experience level identified. The recruiter told me they didn't have this, so why even post a req, so to eliminate the confusion I called in.

So after a few emails I called in... she was crude, a little abrasive and short. Immediately, I knew this was not a place I wanted to work!!!

That was it - thank you, click!

Interview Question – What should we pay you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the what the recruiter represented or how she handled new talent. I knew it was not a place, so I called around and got some reviews of company as well. Glad I opted out, and didn't pursue this!

Very Easy Interview

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pragmatics in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very slow during the interview process.

Negotiation Details – Wasn't much of a negotiation. They gave me a relatively good salary for a college graduate, and it was my only offer at the time, so I decided to take it.

BD Support Interview

BD Support

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pragmatics in October 2010.

Interview Details – This job opportunity was refered to me by my network and the pace was fast. From initial submittal of resume to offer, it was about 3 weeks. This is a medium size company going to thru some growth pains.
I interviewed with a couple of VPs they were both witty, quick, sincere, and very level headed. No big egos to contend or sooth.
Expected work load was very well structured and balanced, with plenty of room to improve current methodology.
Salary and other options were very enticing with the exception of the vesting period (6 years). Negotiations on this items are very limited.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – My advice would be not to get stuck on one thing. I they are not willing to negotiate on, for example, salary, try to negotiate on PTO. Overall, they will not budge on many items, but the compensation package is very good to begin with.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pragmatics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pragmatics interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pragmatics employees and interview candidates.