Pratt & Whitney Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Mechanical Systems Intern Interview

East Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in March 2008.

Interview Details – Easy

Interview Question – No Questions asked, just called and offered me the position.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was from human resources to setup a first interview. The first interview was offsite from the main site. There were 4 people at the interview (3 technical people and HR). They asked a series of behavioural questions including previous situations and dealing with people. I was asked to attend a second interview at the main office with the manager of the group as well as the module manager. The people were all very professional and used some humor to lighten the mood. This made the interview easier.

Interview Question – There were many behavioural questions as well as technical questions that pertained to the specific job. They asked "why do you want to work for our company"?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was right out of school and I have heard that the company does not negotiate very much. If you have previous experience or a specific skill that they need, you may be in a position to negotiate.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite easy. The first round was conducted by HR in which generic questions were asked like "Tell me about yourself", " Why do you want to work for Pratt and Whitney Canada", The second round was conducted by the hiring manager. The interview questions were not technical. They were more behavioral like " Do you like or work independently or you prefer team work and give an instance where you have demonstrated preferred type of work style.

Co-op Student, Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada.

Interview Details – Began with typical initial questions, with Dept Manager - what do you know about the company, values, your strengths and weaknesses. How do you think you meet the job requirements (brought examples of work)?
Immediately after, Team Lead was brought in for a technical interview.

Interview Question – During Technical interview, was given a paper quiz on job related topics (materials science, chemistry)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Longueuil, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in March 2013.

Interview Details – Job offer accessible trough the university coop stage website
Online postulation
Convocation trough the university coop stage system
1 interview, around 45 minute
Some general question about technical competencies, past jobs, personality etc.. as usual
2 interviewer very friendly
got response by internet
This place require a security investigation and ask to fill up a lots of forms .

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Co-op Position Interview

Interview Details – Was relaxed and easy going. HR and department head were there. Went over my Resume and previous work. Asked very typical behaviour questions such as greatest strengths/weakness, what your current employer would say about you, and do you prefer a structured or non structured work environment. Asked specific questions relating to my resume/experience. Interview went well. They cancelled the position I applied for so I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – What question were you hoping we would ask you?   Answer Question

Engineering Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email for an on-campus interview. Interviewer was relaxed and friendly, talked about the company for a good 20 min then proceed to the interview per se that lasted 40 min. Questions were pretty generic/typical (Biggest weakness?, Why did you choose engineering? What do you know about the company? etc..). The only technical question was about making sure I could read and understand detail and assembly plans.

Interview Question – Nothing really hard or unexpected   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in March 2009.

Interview Details – 30 min on-campus interview.

Fairly generic, not very technical. Wanted descriptions on how you would go about coordinating with different departments to address problems out on the work floor. Typical interview questions as well: What would you say is your greatest weakness, where do you see yourself in 10 years, etc.

Interview Question – How would you go about coordinating with different departments to identify and fix a problem out on the work floor?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Longueuil, QC (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in May 2007.

Interview Details – I was sent an email for an on-site interview. Questions were very typical, nothing technical. Ex. Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? They screened my transcript and gave me a visit of their machine shop. Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult decision you ever made?   Answer Question

Development Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in April 2007.

Interview Details – I was referred by an engineer workin in a different department at the time. Resume was handed to HR and was called in for an interview, first with HR then with the hiring manager. HR asked standard behavioural questions. Technical interview included a gas turbine schematic and asking me to explain how it work and describing different parts of it.

Interview Question – describe the laminar flow of air through a curved tube. Where is the pressure the highest, where is the speed highest?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pratt & Whitney Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pratt & Whitney Canada interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pratt & Whitney Canada employees and interview candidates.