Pratt & Whitney Canada

2.5

Mechanical Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in March 2008.

Interview Questions
    • No Questions asked, just called and offered me the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada.

There were around 60+ invitees for multiple positions for internship during summer. We were handed a paper with the position that we were selected fo an interview. They call our name when the manager is ready to do an interview with you,

Drafting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in June 2014.

I applied online at indeed.ca for a job posting that didn't specify too much about the position.
    I received a callback from a recruiter and subsequently was submitted and had the fortune of
    an interview on the premise. When I arrived, I was so amazed at the place! It was beautiful,
    I watched planes take off and prepared some notes I had researched about jet turbine engines.

I spent about 2 weeks researching jet engines and their blueprints, so when I was asked of some
    symbols used on the drawings for things like surface flatness, circularity, etc, I did alright.
    I was also asked to perform some written tests on tolerance stack ups.

In the office area that I passed through, everyone looked really happy and were communicating well
    with each other and seemed to be relaxed. The interview was very professional and relaxed and
    I got the impression that they were after more about my character; making sure I wanted to be there
    and was ok with detailed work. Also, they were interested in my outside of work life as well, my hobbies,
    and these kind of things.

It was a great experience and I didn't want to leave the interview so I kept asking questions. But eventually
    they got tired and escorted me out. I really love the place.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you made a critical error or mistake, what was your reaction and what were the consequences.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but I don't think it would have been frowned upon if I did.

Customer Engineer Interview

The initial interview was with a panel of interviewers. The hiring manager and HR. After completed the first, the second interview as a teleconference meeting with overseas direct supervisor. Mostly situational questions

Interview Questions
    • How to convince a customer to agree on something that he disagree from the beginning.   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in April 2014.

I was first contacted from my school about the interview about a week before the scheduled time. The actual interview was about 15min, I didn't wait long. The interviewer started the questions while we were walking to the interview room. The interviewers were extremely friendly, it was clear their were trying to get an idea about my motivation and eagerness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • I was handed a technical drawing of an engine and asked to explain as much as I can in 30 seconds.   Answer Question
    • Why do you like aerospace engineering?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about some engine technology we make.   Answer Question
    • Final question: In your own words explain what the intern position is about.   Answer Question
    Since this was an internship there was no negotiation before the job price and hours were preset.

My supervisors were open to flexible hours when I had meetings at my school. This negotiation was done during the job though.

Pension Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longueuil, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longueuil, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in April 2014.

I had an interview through my university's Coop Program. I had to write a cover letter, resumé and send an unofficial transcript. The interview itself isn't stressful. They basically want to get to know you, not necessarly all of your technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, there was none. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

I had a better offer somewhere else

Co-op Student, Engineering Interview

Began with typical initial questions, with Dept Manager - what do you know about the company, values, your strengths and weaknesses. How do you think you meet the job requirements (brought examples of work)?
    Immediately after, Team Lead was brought in for a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • During Technical interview, was given a paper quiz on job related topics (materials science, chemistry)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in August 2013.

The interview process was quite easy. The first round was conducted by HR in which generic questions were asked like "Tell me about yourself", " Why do you want to work for Pratt and Whitney Canada", The second round was conducted by the hiring manager. The interview questions were not technical. They were more behavioral like " Do you like or work independently or you prefer team work and give an instance where you have demonstrated preferred type of work style.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney Canada in July 2013.

Contacted recruiter, had phone interview, and a face to face with 2 panellists. Presented a case.

Engineering Co-op Position Interview

Was relaxed and easy going. HR and department head were there. Went over my Resume and previous work. Asked very typical behaviour questions such as greatest strengths/weakness, what your current employer would say about you, and do you prefer a structured or non structured work environment. Asked specific questions relating to my resume/experience. Interview went well. They cancelled the position I applied for so I didn't get the job.