Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions in Connecticut

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

Aero/Thermo Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

The entire process was an all day affair where I rotated between different managers for 30 minute interviews. I was mostly informed about what the specific group does and was asked about my experience on my resume. At noon I gave a technical presentation of my choosing. Everyone was very nice and the process wasn't very stressful.

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

I met the recruitors at my school's career fair. I interviewed the next day. That was in Cctober and they didn't give offers out for months. I interviewed against 3 people. They reviewed my resume. They then critiqued my interview. They were looking for passionate people that are willing to learn. The recruitors kept in touch throughout the process, but HR was slow in terms of allowing them to give out offers.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions - teamwork, technology, past experience, leadership   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in October 2014.

The interview process started at an on campus recruiting event. My resume was collected and I was given and interview a few days later. There was one phone interview and then an on-site interview. The process was smooth and everyone was great to interview with. I left with the indication that I would be receiving an offer for the job shortly.

After the interview I did not hear anything from the company for months. I then found out in the middle of March that the program had been cut for the year and no offers would be going out. Talk about being misleading and dragging out the process. If you want to get a job offer in a timely manner (or at all for that matter) then AVOID PRATT. I had much higher expectations from such a big renowned company. Absolutely awful.

Propulsion Systems Analysis Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2013.

Was contacted by the manager and had a phone interview. Absolutely great experience. The manager knows what sort of candidate he's looking for and who'll fit the profile for the position. Didn't feel like an interview at all; more like casual conversation. Just be yourself (cliche) and apply for a position that interests you.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the position, what are your academic interests, Tell me about a time when you failed to solve a technical problem and how did you deal with it..... behavioral. Just be calm and take your time to answer.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

I was recruited through a college career fair held on campus. This landed me the opportunity to take a co-op position at the company the summer before I graduated with a B.S.. During my senior year I was contacted over the winter and asked to come in for an interview. The interview was with both commercial and military programs. The interviewer on the military side was a woman who asked me what I did for hobbies, why I was interested in working for the company and how I felt about working on a military program. The interviewer on the commercial side was a man who asked me about my knowledge of the jet engine, how my experience was on co-op and what my 5 year plan was.

Interview Questions
    • At the time coming fresh out of college I was happy to have landed the opportunity to continue working with the company that I spent my co-op with. I was so happy I was actually nervous and didn't feel settled during the interview. When asked what my hobbies where I felt rigid and that was felt during the interview. I had a hard time relating to the interviewers while I addressed the questions. I would urge a sense of calmness along with confidence during an interview process in addition to the knowledge that you are there because it is a fit not because you need a job.   Answer Question
    I was thrilled to have landed the job right out of college and immediately accepted. I was offered an increase in my salary by luck of the draw. My advice to others would be to strategically plan out all of your steps for accepting the job including salary, benefits, perks, etc. and not to leave these things to the last minute. It is a tough job market out there and landing a job is a gift so take it and look forward.

Six Sigma/Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in September 2013.

I was contacted by Pratt & Whitney prior to attending the NBMBAA Conference in Houston, TX to set up 2 interviews with different organizations within the company. I interviewed on Thursday 9/12/13 and was given an letter inviting me to the NBMBAA Candidate interview Day on 9/27/13 in Hartford, CT. I was told to RSVP by 9/20 and they would forward me travel arrangements. I RSVP'd on 9/16 and did not receive any response. I finally received an email on 9/20 stating that they did not have any openings that match my experience. I replied to the email and the HR rep confirmed that I had been uninvited. This was the most unprofessional situation that I have encountered in my job search.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing about the interview was walking away from it thinking that I was going to go to the home office for further interviews - then being uninvited the following week.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2012.

I saw them at a career fair and talked to a general UTC person who told me PW would be the best fit. She was very nice and helpful. Two weeks later I was contacted via email by the person who would be my supervisor if I was hired. She asked about interviewing me over the phone and we planned on a time. The phone interview was about 45 minutes long and the questions were the typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you did not have enough information and had to make a decision.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the offer, I was content with what they were already giving me.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2012.

Applied online, about a month later I got an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was really just personality related.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiation with the internship. you get what you get, and frankly it is pretty good pay for an intern. Your a poor college student just trying to get experience be happy with what you get, you are really worth nothing!

Design Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in October 2012.

I applied before going to a conference where Pratt would be having interviews. Two days before I left to the conference I received a call to schedule the interview. I interviewed with a gentleman who would later on be my manager. The interview was partially behavioral and partially technical to see what you know. After the interview it took several weeks to receive a response. I eventually called one of the HR reps and they said it look like I "fell through the cracks" and then they fixed the issue and sent me my offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a trick question about writing the equation for Energy. But even though I only got it partially right the manager was impressed.   View Answer
    It was an internship, no negotiation was required.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

One day (5+ hours) interview which consisted of sitting with two seperate groups, one managerial and one technical, answering questions and telling them about myself, a power point presentation with a quesion and answer format, and lunch.
    Process was pretty smooth from getting there, being escorted around, and exit when was said done. Most everyoen I was in contact with were nice, friendly, non-confrontational, and asked decent questions.

Interview Questions
    • No questions was all that difficult or unexpected. Mostly typical questions one would expect and should be prepared for.   Answer Question
    No negociation. It was a move from another UTC division and even after tremendous push back they would not budge.