Pratt & Whitney

Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions in East Hartford, CT

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Propulsion Systems Analysis Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2013.

Was contacted by the manager and had a phone interview. Absolutely great experience. The manager knows what sort of candidate he's looking for and who'll fit the profile for the position. Didn't feel like an interview at all; more like casual conversation. Just be yourself (cliche) and apply for a position that interests you.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in the position, what are your academic interests, Tell me about a time when you failed to solve a technical problem and how did you deal with it..... behavioral. Just be calm and take your time to answer.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2012.

I saw them at a career fair and talked to a general UTC person who told me PW would be the best fit. She was very nice and helpful. Two weeks later I was contacted via email by the person who would be my supervisor if I was hired. She asked about interviewing me over the phone and we planned on a time. The phone interview was about 45 minutes long and the questions were the typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you did not have enough information and had to make a decision.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the offer, I was content with what they were already giving me.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2012.

Applied online, about a month later I got an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was really just personality related.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiation with the internship. you get what you get, and frankly it is pretty good pay for an intern. Your a poor college student just trying to get experience be happy with what you get, you are really worth nothing!

Design Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in October 2012.

I applied before going to a conference where Pratt would be having interviews. Two days before I left to the conference I received a call to schedule the interview. I interviewed with a gentleman who would later on be my manager. The interview was partially behavioral and partially technical to see what you know. After the interview it took several weeks to receive a response. I eventually called one of the HR reps and they said it look like I "fell through the cracks" and then they fixed the issue and sent me my offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a trick question about writing the equation for Energy. But even though I only got it partially right the manager was impressed.   View Answer
    It was an internship, no negotiation was required.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

One day (5+ hours) interview which consisted of sitting with two seperate groups, one managerial and one technical, answering questions and telling them about myself, a power point presentation with a quesion and answer format, and lunch.
    Process was pretty smooth from getting there, being escorted around, and exit when was said done. Most everyoen I was in contact with were nice, friendly, non-confrontational, and asked decent questions.

Interview Questions
    • No questions was all that difficult or unexpected. Mostly typical questions one would expect and should be prepared for.   Answer Question
    No negociation. It was a move from another UTC division and even after tremendous push back they would not budge.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in February 2012.

Pratt does not communicate well at all during the interview process. You will be interviewed over the phone as part of a one round interview by one of the ACE (UTC's version of Six Sigma) employees. It is crucial to have knowledge about Pratt and also to discuss the result of your previous work (i.e. how much time your project saved your previous manager, how much money you saved, and etcetera). After that round you'll be notified via e-mail within a few days (about four to six days) in regards to whether you got the position.

None

Specialist, Financial Planning & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in December 2011.

Met Pratt at a conference and the first interview was a face to face with a Finance Manager and this is not hard. the intent is to get a feel of what your experience and background. E.g questions about your past or current job and what you do specifically. At second round of interviews, you meet 4 people from 4 areas of Finance in 4 hours. This is also to get a good idea of what you have done, expect some behavioral questions and be able to talk clearly about your experience. Giving specific examples is a plus. Certifications and Education is not as important as your experience.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was tough. Ensure you mention your ideal salary from day 1 because the rest of the negotiation will be based on the initial amount you asked for.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2011.

Brief phone interview, then invited on site. Interviewed individually with about 6 or 7 people, and gave a presentation. Everyone was friendly, with most questions being along the lines of what I wanted to do, not what I could do for them. A couple technically challenging questions during the presentation.

Interview Questions
    • What is are your biggest technical strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
    I came in high, and they offered what I expected in response.

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in November 2011.

I talked to a representative at a career fair at my school, and was offered an interview a few days later. A couple of weeks after, I was asked to do a second interview on site at Pratt & Whitney. They reimbursed me for travel expenses, and I got to meet with people that I would be working with if I took the job. They even took me to the customer training center and museum to see a bunch of the engines. It was a lot of fun, and not very much pressure. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to design something or work for a customer.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in October 2011.

The initial communication was through a college recruiting event. After review of my resume, I was offered a 1st interview with a panel of 4 current engineers. The interview process was 45 minutes long and included questions about my past history as well as situational questions. After the interview, I was offered a position within 48 hours. I went back for a second, full day interview for job placement within the company. The workplace culture seemed relaxed with an emphasis on further education, work ethics, and completing work tasks in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • The question was "What you you do if you had an assignment due by a particular date, but needed data from another coworker who had not completed his task?"   Answer Question
    They will negotiate if you are a highly desired candidate.