Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

Aero/Thermo Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

The entire process was an all day affair where I rotated between different managers for 30 minute interviews. I was mostly informed about what the specific group does and was asked about my experience on my resume. At noon I gave a technical presentation of my choosing. Everyone was very nice and the process wasn't very stressful.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Interview

I applied on my school's online job board and had an on-campus interview. The interview format was three recruiters taking turns asking me questions and writing on a sheet of paper, not much of a conversation. They were friendly enough, but it was very clear that they wanted to just get through their questions and move on to the next candidate. However, one of the recruiters afterwards gave me feedback on my interview performance, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unreasonable request from a boss.   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I met the recruitors at my school's career fair. I interviewed the next day. That was in Cctober and they didn't give offers out for months. I interviewed against 3 people. They reviewed my resume. They then critiqued my interview. They were looking for passionate people that are willing to learn. The recruitors kept in touch throughout the process, but HR was slow in terms of allowing them to give out offers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - teamwork, technology, past experience, leadership   Answer Question

Aero/Thermo Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked to someone at the University career fair, and was able to get a brief 15 minute on-campus interview. About a month later was invited to the East Hartford site where I gave a technical presentation (topic of choice), and talked to a number of group leads -- an all day event -- to see where in the company I'd want to work/would best fit.

Interview Questions

• No real technical questions were really asked -- everything discussed was related to what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Screening phone call followed by interview. It wasn't too difficult, but I had a referral. They wanted some one who was available immediately, however I was not. It was about a 45 minute interview and then a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• If you have been unemployed for some time, be ready to answer questions about what you have been doing.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in October 2014.

Interview

I came in contact with the company and the position through an on campus recruiting event. After leaving my resume, I was contacted for an interview. It was surprising how quickly I had been contacted for the interview. No online applicaton was completed, only through word of mouth at the career fair. I can say I was unprepared for the interview because I pursued the position more on a whim.

Interview Questions

• It was my first ever job interview so I was caught off guard by most questions. The questions were first just going through things on my resume. then asking me to describe a difficult experience and things of that nature.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process started at an on campus recruiting event. My resume was collected and I was given and interview a few days later. There was one phone interview and then an on-site interview. The process was smooth and everyone was great to interview with. I left with the indication that I would be receiving an offer for the job shortly.

After the interview I did not hear anything from the company for months. I then found out in the middle of March that the program had been cut for the year and no offers would be going out. Talk about being misleading and dragging out the process. If you want to get a job offer in a timely manner (or at all for that matter) then AVOID PRATT. I had much higher expectations from such a big renowned company. Absolutely awful.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney (North Berwick, ME) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, after meeting at a career fair. This was followed by a "superday" interview. At the superday I had 4 separate 1 on 1 interviews and a tour of the facility. All interviews were pretty relaxed and somewhat repetitive. No hard questions, mostly just situational "Describe a time where..." The superday was on a friday and I receive an offer on the next Monday. I turned it down based on location.

Intern Interview

Interview

the hiring process was not bad at all. they called me up for two short interviews. One was with my future manager and the other was with a person from the HR department. They were not hard and did not ask many behavioral questions. very easy

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions. mostly they just asked about coursework and what classes I was most interested in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Interview

I applied via university recruiting team. I had an interview with four people. Interview questions are mostly based on team work. There was not any unexpected questions. Entire interview process took around 20 minutes.