Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

Various rounds of interviews with managers and fellows. Presentation about a topic of your choice and then some more interviewing with managers or executives. Presentation was intense, very aggressive questioning and intimidating attitude by the panel. Some interviews were of the intense nature and some where more laid back.
    Would not have accepted an offer at this company. Hartford is a dump. Company seems to think they are the best engine manufacturer in the world. Hello there is a reason you are third in market share.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a specific component in the engine? All the questions were technical in nature.   1 Answer

Nonexempt Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Interview

I met a hiring manager at my university career fair. A few weeks later i received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty stress free. Just the basic behavioral questions and some about my previous experiences.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in May 2015.

Interview

Non-technical questions about school and future goals. Interviewed by two people and they were very friendly. Interview was held in a private room on campus at my school. The interview as a whole only took about 20-30 minutes. Overall the interview was not scary or difficult. Both interviews were outgoing and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• what is your 10 year plan?   1 Answer

C17 Engine Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable process. There was a reception the night before where you were able to speak with several hiring managers in a relaxed enviroment.
    The next day you had an introduction followed by 4 separate 40 minute interviews with different managers. Mixed questions, standard STAR and technical, nothing too tough. Real easy going.
    Recieved a phone call an hour after the daylong process from recruiter, already have a tentative offer pending 1 more reference confirmation.
    Company paid for everything, flight, car, meals,was treated very well and pleasant experience.

Aero/Thermo Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

The entire process was an all day affair where I rotated between different managers for 30 minute interviews. I was mostly informed about what the specific group does and was asked about my experience on my resume. At noon I gave a technical presentation of my choosing. Everyone was very nice and the process wasn't very stressful.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with managers the night before. Then interviewed with four different departments. Paid for flight, hotel, rental car, and per diem. They asked a lot of behavioral based questions. Only one interviewer actually asked knowledge based questions. The others simply asked my experience level what I had previous done that relates to this job. Very relaxed and stress free. Especially due to meeting with them the night before. Great group of guys and very knowledgeable. I can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a confrontation with a co worker?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Interview

I applied on my school's online job board and had an on-campus interview. The interview format was three recruiters taking turns asking me questions and writing on a sheet of paper, not much of a conversation. They were friendly enough, but it was very clear that they wanted to just get through their questions and move on to the next candidate. However, one of the recruiters afterwards gave me feedback on my interview performance, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unreasonable request from a boss.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Gainesville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. 2 guys were on the phone, very nice. Asked typical interview questions, answered all my questions, and got me an offer exactly when he said I would. Answered all my post interview questions as well quickly.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience when a peer was working on a team with you and did not pull their weight, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me plenty of time to decide, salary was fixed which was expected for an internship, and they were flexible with start and end dates

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I met the recruitors at my school's career fair. I interviewed the next day. That was in Cctober and they didn't give offers out for months. I interviewed against 3 people. They reviewed my resume. They then critiqued my interview. They were looking for passionate people that are willing to learn. The recruitors kept in touch throughout the process, but HR was slow in terms of allowing them to give out offers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - teamwork, technology, past experience, leadership   Answer Question

Interview

Talked to someone at the University career fair, and was able to get a brief 15 minute on-campus interview. About a month later was invited to the East Hartford site where I gave a technical presentation (topic of choice), and talked to a number of group leads -- an all day event -- to see where in the company I'd want to work/would best fit.

Interview Questions

• No real technical questions were really asked -- everything discussed was related to what was on my resume.   Answer Question