Pratt & Whitney

Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

I applied on my school's online job board and had an on-campus interview. The interview format was three recruiters taking turns asking me questions and writing on a sheet of paper, not much of a conversation. They were friendly enough, but it was very clear that they wanted to just get through their questions and move on to the next candidate. However, one of the recruiters afterwards gave me feedback on my interview performance, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unreasonable request from a boss.   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

I met the recruitors at my school's career fair. I interviewed the next day. That was in Cctober and they didn't give offers out for months. I interviewed against 3 people. They reviewed my resume. They then critiqued my interview. They were looking for passionate people that are willing to learn. The recruitors kept in touch throughout the process, but HR was slow in terms of allowing them to give out offers.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions - teamwork, technology, past experience, leadership   Answer Question

Aero/Thermo Engineer Interview

Talked to someone at the University career fair, and was able to get a brief 15 minute on-campus interview. About a month later was invited to the East Hartford site where I gave a technical presentation (topic of choice), and talked to a number of group leads -- an all day event -- to see where in the company I'd want to work/would best fit.

Interview Questions
    • No real technical questions were really asked -- everything discussed was related to what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Screening phone call followed by interview. It wasn't too difficult, but I had a referral. They wanted some one who was available immediately, however I was not. It was about a 45 minute interview and then a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions
    • If you have been unemployed for some time, be ready to answer questions about what you have been doing.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney in October 2014.

I came in contact with the company and the position through an on campus recruiting event. After leaving my resume, I was contacted for an interview. It was surprising how quickly I had been contacted for the interview. No online applicaton was completed, only through word of mouth at the career fair. I can say I was unprepared for the interview because I pursued the position more on a whim.

Interview Questions
    • It was my first ever job interview so I was caught off guard by most questions. The questions were first just going through things on my resume. then asking me to describe a difficult experience and things of that nature.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

the hiring process was not bad at all. they called me up for two short interviews. One was with my future manager and the other was with a person from the HR department. They were not hard and did not ask many behavioral questions. very easy

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions. mostly they just asked about coursework and what classes I was most interested in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

I applied via university recruiting team. I had an interview with four people. Interview questions are mostly based on team work. There was not any unexpected questions. Entire interview process took around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Senior Coor/Senior Grp Ldr, Mtrls/Dist In Canoga Park, CA At Rocketdyne Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Hiring process in the Canoga Park location was about who you knew not how hard you worked. This location was very family base, a family member can ask a favor to move thier love one into a position. For the employees without family members or friends in management positions will be overlook or may not get the opportunity to even interview.

Interview Questions
    • PWR is a engineering base company, the most unexpected question ask of me in my position was can you relate to union employees and thier contact issues.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Applied through the career section of their website. I didn't hear from them for about two months when i received a call to schedule a phone interview. From there it took two rounds of phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you experienced difficulty in a management position and the steps you took to correct the issue.   Answer Question

Accounting Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Received the job lead from a former classmate at school. He forwarded my resume over and I eventually was contacted via phone from the recruiter. The recruiter conducted a short phone interview with me and then scheduled an in-office interview with one of the accounting managers. There was one additional interview with two other accounting managers before they extended offers.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in school that could relate to this position? What interests you about accounting? What experience do you have with excel?   Answer Question